Called off engagement

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 01:41 pm
Katya
I don't think she's asking him to give up his friends, but sitting in a bar getting drunk with friends all the time is a prescription for troubled marriages.
0 Replies

canadiangirl

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 01:58 pm
Basically, his friends get together and drink when they get together, which is frequent. There have been too many times when he would just go out, do his own thing, not really know what I'm up to really, and then at the end of the night if we talked it would be a stupid conversation, for lack of a better word, because he would be under the influence. I feel that for a man in his very early thirties, who is planning a wedding and a future, something doesn't fit. However, what I truly believe is that he is not doing this intentionally to hurt us, but just doesn't see that it is hurting us. He said that he didn't realize what he was about to lose when I called everything off and that he is going to do whatever it takes to reconcile. I'm very wary however.
0 Replies

canadiangirl

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:00 pm
And wondering if all this stress is worth it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:07 pm
All the more reason for you to take your time. If you love eachother, then you have plenty of time.
0 Replies

canadiangirl

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 04:21 pm
Anyone else out there going through something similar?
0 Replies