My childhood love returns but I'm married..

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:02 pm
I'm going to try and make this as short as possible.
It's been 20 years and even though I have thought about him thru out the years I never thought we would reconnect again. The only thing is I'm married, but wait his married too and we both have children. I got married to my husband at the age of 15, we have 3 children together and have been married for almost 15 years soon. I lost contact with my childhood love and life took another course. After him contacting me we have talked every day and were going to be meeting up soon. We became so close because we grew up together and when I went thru an accident as a kid he was there, went to visit me at the hospital with his parents and called me every night and asked me officially to be his girlfriend.. Thru the years I have thought of him and he has thought of me. Now that we have found each other and reconnected we like 2 kids all over again. What should I do? My marriage has not been the best but after 3 children and almost 15 years together that's really what holds be back. But honestly I just cannot control these feeling I'm experiencing.

MM

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:12 pm
Sure, go off with some person you knew and last saw when you were 10 years old.

Makes perfect sense to me.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:14 pm
@chai2,
Just as much as getting married at 15.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:47 pm
@crymeariver101,
You poor thing. (quoting jackie gleason).

You don't know this guy would be better.
You are unhappy with present guy, maybe for good reasons.

What about being an interesting person yourself?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 11:00 pm
@crymeariver101,
crymeariver101 wrote:
What should I do?

talk to your husband
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:53 am
"But honestly I just cannot control these feeling I'm experiencing."

Can you go to a female counselor to discuss these feelings - instead of even considering taking up with someone you "loved" as a child?

You have been denied many years of growing and maturing because you were put into wife/mother role at too early of an age.

There are partners and kids to consider. Go to counseling.
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:58 am
@PUNKEY,
I would tend to think being a wife and a mother would involve a lot of growing and maturing.

This is a troll, just read the name she or he has chosen.

This person is saying they are still in love after 20 year with someone she hasn't seen since they were 10 years old. Meaning they knew each other when they were 7, 8, 9. Now she's 30 and longing for this person?

Come on.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:01 am
@PUNKEY,
I would tend to think being a wife and a mother would involve a lot of growing and maturing.

This is a troll, just read the name she or he has chosen.

This person is saying they are still in love after 20 year with someone she hasn't seen since they were 10 years old. Meaning they knew each other when they were 7, 8, 9. Now she's 30 and longing for this person?

Come on. She's got kids older than that.

Here is a picture of a 10 year old boy. She's longing after the person she knew 20 years ago, that looked like this?

http://media.nj.com/independentpress_impact/photo/9014127-large.jpg
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:15 am
@chai2,
It's "not" about the 10 year old boy. Remember she got MARRIED at 15.

This is about missing years and longing for childhood innocence and being cared for by this boy and his family.

Trolling for what?

JMHO -
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 05:48 pm
For all we know this could be a bored college student posting silly situations hoping to dupe someone into offering advice. These are more time wasters, remember the gal with the bagina problem??? Fiction
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:55 am
@chai2,
     http://media.nj.com/independentpress_impact/photo/9014127-large.jpg
She probably just remembers the sex with Timmy. He was hung like a 5 pound kielbasi
0 Replies

True Love Never Dies

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 09:49 pm
It happens. My love started at 4 before school we spent our days together playing. Through Primary, at high school introduced him to prettier girls (stupid me) even though we were still great friends. I just didn't feel good enough. Lost touch for a bit now back in touch I'm married no kids. He's divorced and remarried no kids. But I still feel the same about him. If I had had the confidence, I believe we would have had a beautiful happy marriage because were such great friends and very affectionate towards each other. I know even now if I were in trouble he would be by my side in a flash.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 02:51 am
True Story, for what it's worth.....

Years ago, one of my staff was a lady who was about 55-60 years old, who had lived in the area all her life in the usual, conventional way that most people do.
During the War though, when she was 19, she had quite an exciting time of things, driving a petrol bowser around Handley Page airfield (where the Victor bomber was later built and tested), filling up the tanks of friendly aircraft that landed at various times.

An American pilot landed there regularly, and after several long chats, he suddenly came out with the fact that he thought she was gorgeous and that he would come back and find her after the war had finished.
She was completely smitten and said that it was the classic love at first sight thing, but didn't hold out much hope that it would ever go any further. It was wartime, after all.

The war finished in '45, and within a few years she had married a local man.
However, on the morning of her wedding, her father led her out of the house to the waiting car, and among the neighbours gathered there at the gate was her airman.
He had literally just stepped off the bus with her address in his hand, and wondered why all the people were gathered around the gate of the house he was searching for.
He quickly realised what was happening, and stepped back to avoid causing her any embarrassment or scandal.
She said that she almost fainted, but things being as they were in those days, she proceeded on to the church and married.

When she got home after her honeymoon, there was a note waiting for her from her airman, explaining why he hadn't made contact before, and wishing her a good life,

That was in 1948.

In 1975, she had a letter posted on to her from an old neighbour. It was from her Yank. He had been on a trip over to the UK for a veteran's reunion thing, and had got a taxi (all the way from friggin' Cambridge) just to walk past her old house and have a pint in the local pub.

He got to chatting with the Landlord and told him he used to fly in regularly to the local airfield blah di blah, and asked if the Landlord knew a certain Phyliss (real name), who used to drive the bowsers.

Phyliss's old house was only four doors away, so it took about thirty seconds for a fellow drinker to be pulled across the room who happened to be an old neighbour, and who knew the family well.

He told the American that Phyliss had moved about a mile or so away, after her husband had died. He didn't know the exact address, but agreed to pass on a letter to her, once he had located her wherabouts.

The airman had married in the 50's, but it had soon ended in divorce. He'd never remarried.

In the hastily scrawled letter, and subsequent letters to Phyliss, he stated that he had never got over her, and had travelled halfway around the world to see her on the day of her wedding. He thought he was going to give her a nice surprise.

Phyliss introduced me to him when he came over to meet up with her shortly after the first flurry of letters, and about a month later she handed in her notice as she was going off with her airman to go and live in America.

By all accounts, according to various people who kept up contact with her, he had a bloody great place in California and they were having a great old time, and were pretty inseparable.

I always thought that that would have made a great fillum.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 03:36 am
@Lordyaswas,
That's a lovely story. Imagine falling in love in the middle of all that. It's heartwarming.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 05:23 am
@glitterbag,
She told me that she'd had a whale of a time during the war, and was never short of life's essentials (nylons, gum, cigarettes, chocolate) because the guys would always bring presents for her and her crew (all female).

Some aircrews used to nag their pilot to make detours to Handley Page, purely because there were girls carrying out the refuelling. The pilot would sometimes be bringing back a bomber at the end of the day, and most genuinely needed to land, and fast, for one reason or another.

After the war, Handley Page went a bit top secret for a while (Cold War), and I remember as a kid in the 60's seeing some weird and wonderful jet bombers buzzing around. Mainly Victor and Vulcan.
If you google "handley page" and click image, no doubt a page full of various V Bombers will appear.

Sadly the Pub has now made way for an estate of small houses, as I noticed recently.
It was The Red Cow, and was where I occasionally had a pint with my mates whilst on a drive out for the evening. I'll try to find a photo of it.

Interestingly, I've just been looking at Handley Page stuff and found a mention of the aforementioned Red Cow pub in a post from someone in 2012, regarding the Top Secret element, and the Victor bombers. :-

"It's the only Hertfordshire airfield that doesn't have a book about it!"

"I used to go to a business many years ago whose boss was a former test pilot based there, he told me that the comp between pilots was to keep a victor as low as poss after take off to buzz a pub called the Red Cow at the end of the runway & see how many glasses were broken when they met for a drink afterwards,.."

More for the aircraft aficionados here.....

http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?117604-Radlett-1969

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2015 01:10 pm
That was a very heartwarming story, Spanky! Goes to show you that it's never too later, one just has to believe in magic.
0 Replies