Two Options here...

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:40 pm
So, basically for the past 2 months, I've been trying to court this girl in my class. As the semester is coming to a close, and I am 100% that no relationship will transpire between us, I want to "delete" her from memory. I have absolutely no interest in just remaining friends with her because if I try, stronger feelings will ALWAYS keep appearing, possibly hurting a friendship. What I want to know is, do I let her know of my decision to cut things off with her completely or do I just vanish, and never explain myself? Obviously, if I do decide to inform her, I will do it in the most genuine, polite way possible. What do you peoples think?

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:48 pm
@rangers23,
Why would bother you tell her?

She obviously doesn't have any interest in you.

You're making this about yourself.

What? You're going to just "vanish" to the other side of the world or something?
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:49 pm
@rangers23,
If you vanish, you will never have to explain yourself......
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:56 pm
@rangers23,
rangers23 wrote:
vanish, and never explain myself

This is what you do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:40 pm
@rangers23,
The "explaining" is really nothing more than a desperation attempt at making something happen...that apparently ain't gonna happen.

The best chance of ever having it work out, however, would be to do the equivalent of "just vanishing and not explaining."

"Explaining" would be the worst move ever.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:00 pm
What I suggest you look into is that infatuation between humans happens often, often not mutually, and even then, it is often a role of fantasy dice.

0 Replies

rangers23

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 12:35 am
I can honestly tell you that explaining myself is not an attempt at getting with her. I view it as the sensible thing to do because completely blocking all contact with a friend feels wrong.

By "vanish", I basically mean no more involvement in each others lives. At all.

I don't know. If someone you've befriended all of a sudden stops all type of contact ( Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and deleting your number, wouldn't you want to know why? Or am I wrong for thinking that? Anyways, I'm still mulling over this decision and I really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

contrex

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 03:00 am
@rangers23,
rangers23 wrote:
If someone you've befriended all of a sudden stops all type of contact ( Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and deleting your number, wouldn't you want to know why?

Your original question and your follow-up both suggest that you were being clingy and needy or "coming on too strong", and the girl decided to put a stop to it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:15 am
@rangers23,
rangers23 wrote:

I can honestly tell you that explaining myself is not an attempt at getting with her. I view it as the sensible thing to do because completely blocking all contact with a friend feels wrong.

By "vanish", I basically mean no more involvement in each others lives. At all.

I don't know. If someone you've befriended all of a sudden stops all type of contact ( Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and deleting your number, wouldn't you want to know why? Or am I wrong for thinking that? Anyways, I'm still mulling over this decision and I really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

If it is "either/or"...as your title suggests...most people here are going to suggest vanish.

Fact is...it does not have to be either/or. You can make the move to untangle a bit...without vanishing and cutting off all communication.

Just slow down.

No "solution" is going to be easy. It is going to hurt...because you want this thing to end up with you as a couple...and that does not seem to be the way things are headed.

Sometimes "courting" works...sometimes it fails.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
By the way...this situation is teaching you a valuable lesson...the learning of which usually takes many lessons. Lots of pain involved...but damn near every one of us takes this course!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:44 am
"If someone you've befriended all of a sudden stops all type of contact ( Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and deleting your number . . ."

Stop acting like you have NO inkling about WHY a girl (or anyone) would 'suddenly' do this.

If you are THAT ignorant about your actions and other people's reactions to those actions, then you deserve this "mysterious" response.

Come on, THINK!!!!!

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:50 am
@rangers23,
Will you be going to different schools next semester?

If not, you won't be vanishing. You just won't be in internet contact.

If she is curious about why you're not in contact with her in the future, she will ask. There is no need to inform her.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:55 am
@rangers23,
rangers23 wrote:
If someone you've befriended all of a sudden stops all type of contact ( Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and deleting your number, wouldn't you want to know why?

maybe if I thought I was in a relationship with the person cutting off contact. otherwise, no.

if it's the same girl as your other thread, she's already told you she's not interested in a relationship.

you're not close enough to her to need to discuss this with her - it might just annoy her
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:56 am
@PUNKEY,
Punkey - he is thinking of cutting contact. It is not her cutting contact.
0 Replies

rangers23

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 12:11 pm
@ehBeth,
You're right. I am not close enough to her to feel a need to explain anything. I just needed to hear it from someone else. Thanks a lot guys, you helped make this choice a lot simpler.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 12:40 pm
@rangers23,
good luck rangers23

I hope you find someone who likes you the way you like them
0 Replies