She is scared to commit

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:08 am
I'm confused about the situation I'm in the moment with a girl I've been dating for several months.Things have been moving really fast between us and we are truly in love with each other.But she keeps saying she is scared to commit to a relationship because she is afraid to get hurt.She tells me all the time she only wants me nobody else,she told me she hasn't loved anyone like she does with me before and thinks I could potentially be the one.I assure her everyday I won't hurt her and show her how much I love her.I just don't know what to do,I so badly want this girl to be my girlfriend but she just can't bring herself to make the commitment and wants me to wait.Help me!!!!!!!

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:09 am
@Cleggy29,
Well, as I see it you have two choices. By the way, you don't say how old the two of you are, which can make a difference in the responses you would get here. Nor have you explained what you mean by "commit." That, too, can make a difference in our advice. But here is what I think your choices are.

1. You can give her what she wants. She wants you to wait. She isn't ready to "commit," whatever that means to the two of you. Choosing this option means that you will need to be content with how things presently are and give her time to come around and commit.

2. You can end whatever relationship you have with her now. You can decide that she is in a different place in her life than you are and you cannot wait for her to decide whether to commit or not.

Keep in mind that you have only been dating for several months. I'm not sure if too many women would be ready to "commit" to someone after only several months.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:27 am
@Cleggy29,
How do you want here to "commit?"

By tattooing your name on her chest?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:45 am
Several months is not long enough to declare undying love - you are moving too fast for her and you need the time to prove your case. Why are you putting so much pressure on her?

Time and earthworms do wonders.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:56 am
@Cleggy29,
She sounds like a smart, sensible young woman (or is she actually a girl? in which case I'm doubly impressed).
glitterbag

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
EhBeth made the remark I wish I had written. Trying to rush a commitment is the hallmark of a controlling person.
0 Replies