The Most Radical Change In My Life

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:36 am
In real life, I have changed from an extreme extrovert to an extreme introvert. I hate leaving the house and have little interest in interacting face to face with people. I used to be the biggest party organizer and animal at any given time anywhere. It's cost me work, but I can't drag myself out to socialize. The idea of it makes me want to lie down.

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:53 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Depression?
chai2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 10:55 am
@chai2,
Introverts enjoy their time alone bear. Are you?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:26 am
I haven't gotten much enjoyment out of life for quite some time. Fleeting moments. I would describe myself as resigned and tired rather than depressed.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:31 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think it's quite normal what you're going through - transitioning is probably a better word for it. You had life changing events happening recently: you retired and you separated from squinney. That's enough to throw anyone out of the loop.
You are readjusting now and I think it's a good idea to reflect on these changes and cope with them. Once you're mentally and emotionally through these changes and have coped with them.....you'll be out and
about playing the first fiddle at the retirement home Wink
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:36 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Thoroughly respect Jane's response above but in my own cases have encountered several instances where feeling depends on common blood fractions, too much or not enough

Vein, I had felt that way exactly for some 15-20 years until I learned it's a side effect of my hypertension and cholesterol meds. Just recently however suddenly began feeling wonderful and full of pep all day

No apparent reason tho the sudden change coincided with my assent to my Better Half's suggestion (and she's much smarter than I as I'm sure you'll agree) that I counter with megadose COQ10 and B multivits
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:47 am
@CalamityJane,
Jane these events may have helped exacerbate my feelings but this has been going on awhile. There is no question that squinney leaving iced the cake. It didn't change my basic outlook , but it did bring me face to face with the reality of having no partner for the remainder of my life and I CERTAINLY have no desire to seek one out. Meanwhile I still have a handicapped son to care for so my ability to simplify my life any further is pretty much out. I
will in all likelihood die in Raleigh and never get to the beach, never do any travel. I'm resigned.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:55 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Vein my condolence for your various travails and indeed I could be dead wrong, that blood fractions have nothing to do with your feelings

However by the sheerest coincidence after my first posting above I note how out-of-sorts this morning, then realize that owing to construction haven't been taking my usual dosage of pills for several days

…..reminding me of an incident when my Better Half reminds me of a period several years ago when she had found me out-of-sorts and cranky; then subsequently we discover I had run out of St John's wort
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 11:57 am
@dalehileman,
I know Dale, but you only talk about yourself. This doesn't really help bear (bluevein) at all. He has an entirely different situation as you have and
for you to give advice to take mega doses of COQ10 and B-vitamins is absurd.
You have no idea what medical necessities other people have.
FYI: if you take mega doses of anything, it will just flush down the toilet.
Your body doesn't absorb any excess (which is a good thing).
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 12:00 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Give it time, bear! You do sound a bit depressed - it's the season for it as well, but when I see how your 1000+ followers on facebook hang on every word you're saying and actively participate in your discussions, it means you still have your sense of humor and people around you who will listen.

With Obamacare you should be able to get better help for your son. Is there a case worker for him?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 12:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
Stephen has the best care he can get medically, no complaints there, but the social services programs here are a joke, some of the worst anywhere. I've been trying to find a group home for him for several years...not because I don't want him to stay with me but because I WILL be unavailable at some point and I'm not doing him any favors by not preparing him for that while I can help him transition. There's just nothing good available.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 12:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I know Dale, but you only talk about yourself.
Terrible habit

Quote:
This doesn't really help bear (bluevein) at all
Yes, no, Jane, I conceded exactly that possibiity in my last posting

Quote:
advice to take mega doses of COQ10 and B-vitamins is absurd
Jane, could well be

Quote:
You have no idea what medical necessities other people have
Yea Jane, its gross ignorance

Quote:
FYI: if you take mega doses of anything, it will just flush down the toilet
Yes Jane, I realize that's the official take. However it sets one to wonder why some vits are marketed at 6000 times daily requirement, the single pill; it's as if they're onto something we aren't

Again my sincerest apologies to Throb if I'm so far off the mark

Still………...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 01:04 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Maybe you two should move. North Carolina is ranked 44th in benefiting disabled individuals. South Carolina is 10th I believe. No. 1 is Arizona, but if you can't handle the tremendous heat or the awful politics, I'd stay away.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 01:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
can't move. At least here I have some work. I can't pull up stakes and go somewhere where all I have is my S.S. and Stephen's S.S.I. That's that no partner throwing a wrench in the works thing.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
You have no idea what medical necessities other people have
Alas Jane I'm no doctor that's true. W/psych tho I have a little insight

http://able2know.org/topic/262031-1
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:32 pm
No offense Dale, but every one of your posts here is about you, yourself and you again. That's not helpful to anyone!
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:36 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

can't move. At least here I have some work. I can't pull up stakes and go somewhere where all I have is my S.S. and Stephen's S.S.I. That's that no partner throwing a wrench in the works thing.

Okay, fair enough! It's a matter of priority then to get Stephen situated
in a group home. There are 438 group homes in NC - send them all a seasonal email with your Christmas wishes Smile
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:13 pm
@CalamityJane,
I hate to keep sounding negative but Wake County is one of the worst in the state. And we're the Capital. Shameful
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
you, yourself and you again.
Alas alack; yet I know the self better than almost anything else

Quote:
That's not helpful to anyone
To the contrary, some of my personal insights revealed here have helped hundreds of other participants

Well, maybe a dozen

All right, one or two

I think
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:22 pm
Jane, who know what dale might say that would help bear?

0 Replies