The Most Radical Change In My Life

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Really sorry for your situation. I hope that something good happens for you.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
I understand, bear.
I know very well how much upbeat you have been over years (well, off and on) and trying, trying.

Keep talking and walking.

Jo
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:24 am
So, Thursday we have this little A2K chat and I appreciate all the good wishes. I know they are sincere. And you're right of course things are bound to geet better. Sooooo...move to yesterday.
Spent the day and night at the hospital with big ol' kidney stones. I've got quite the cocktail of drugs floating around in me. It took 5 count 'em 5 shots of Dilaudid and phenergan at the hospital, two oxycodones and a Zolan at home to calm the pain down, and Flo Max so I could pass anything. Now I have to hope the larger stone(which hasn't passed yet) will take today off from moving because I have to work tonight and tomorrow afternoon and if it starts moving around that'll be that. Needless to say that even with having insurance the co-pays and scrips took care of any Christmas discretionary money I might have had to buy presents for my kids. The Holiday cheer...it never ends.
chai2

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
oh man.

They don't want to go and laser blast that last stone? Must you go through the pain of passing it?

I thinking your kids don't care if they get presents from you, and that they'd rather see you well.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:05 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
My thoughts are with ya, Bear.

"Sucking it up and absorbing all the blows" is not an easy thing. But my bet is that you will do it.

Goddam stones, though...that really tops this cake! Mental pain and physical pain. Great combo!

Hope the saying is correct. The saying is: This too shall pass!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:41 am
I appreciate the sentiment Frank and I don't want to sound like a whiny little bitch, but all I've heard my whole life, since my father left me in a gas station on my 4th. birthday, is how I'm a survivor, I'm tough, I'll bounce back etc. You know what? I'm tired of that. What I would like to have is a ******* break. I can't remember, literally, the last time in YEARS that I haven't had some sort of BIG weekly setback. I don't feel like being tough. I feel like lying down. Stephen had two seizures while alone in the house yesterday while I was at the emergency room. Thankfully he was sitting on the couch both times.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:49 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
When it rains it pours! Can Squinney take care of Stephen for a while until
you're better physically?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 11:05 am
@CalamityJane,
squinney lives in myrtle beach. she's his stepmother. his mother doesn't have a driver's license
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 06:09 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Wonder if you crossed paths with my brother and his wife in the ER. She was there the same night for gallstones. Dont know if there are closer hospitals between Angiers and Raleigh. Would be quite the place for you two to meet.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 06:17 pm
@Butrflynet,
That would be amazing..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 06:28 pm
I can sympathize, bear. But I don't have any comforting answers.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
She would have gone to wake med west probably. I live right behind wake med north, although rex is my preference
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I know I'm skipping over a lot by going back to the OP, but I don't have anything other than useless expressions of sympathy about those parts.

blueveinedthrobber wrote:

In real life, I have changed from an extreme extrovert to an extreme introvert. I hate leaving the house and have little interest in interacting face to face with people. I used to be the biggest party organizer and animal at any given time anywhere. It's cost me work, but I can't drag myself out to socialize. The idea of it makes me want to lie down.

I wouldn't be alarmed by the change from extroversion to introversion. I did it, too, and am comfortable with it. We live in a society that isn't comfortable with introverts and discourages spending too much time alone, even too much introspection. After I realized that I'd been a closet introvert all those years, it occurred to me how much I was kow-towing to social expectations. Once I let that go, I became very comfortable with my introversion. Hope you get comfortable with it, too. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/cheers.gif
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:49 am
My NYE gig fell out tonight. What the **** next I wonder?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 03:10 pm
It never ends.
http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/local/mycity/virginia-beach/2014/12/15/newlyweds-wedding-pictures-stolen-in-vb-burglary/20434049/
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 03:32 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
jfc

that's just lousy
0 Replies

Verlor

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:15 am
Maybe you should change your lifestyle
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2014 08:21 am
@Verlor,
what's your suggestion? I 'd love to hear your plan, based on what you think you know about my lifestyle.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2014 11:04 am
Maybe you're tuning your expectations down to your maturing capabilities.

That what I tell myself.
0 Replies