Who killed Laci?

chatoyant

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 11:30 pm
Good question, Lash/Sofia. I think the authorities should look more closely at both Laci's family and Scott's. They get fixated on one person too many times and because of that never find the truth.

I thought from the time they searched everything of Scott's that he probably wasn't guilty. I recently had a conversation about this with a friend of mine who is in law enforcement and has worked quite a bit in forensics. He is also convinced that it wasn't Scott because of the lack of forensic evidence.

But who knows? I sure hope they find out what happened and who did it.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 12:28 am
Lash/Sofia<

Sometimes forensics experts on a case think they understand everything completely. Then, they regain consciousness.

Embarrassed apologies to chatoyant.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 09:54 am
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 01:33 pm
Hello there Lash/Sofia! Good to see you.

I was wondering what was happening in Laci's case. We don't hear anything about it in Germany, of course. Thanks for bringing this up again.

I also tend a bit to thinking the husband did it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 02:18 pm
My far out theory - if it wasn't Scott. Perhaps someone was upset with his philandering, and decided to get the ultimate revenge? They could have kidnapped and/or killed Laci, waited for Scott to give his alibi, then used it against him by dumping the body(ies) where they knew he had gone.

You know he said he came back from his fishing trip and found their dog running loose still on its leash. If only dogs could talk...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 03:22 pm
I just hope it doesn't turn into the fiasco like the little girls murder did (what was her name? the beauty pagent blondie one?) where everyone suspect that her parents had something to do with killing her.

I am suspicious of the husband but am thinking it may never be proven. I don't know, he just didn't appear brokenhearted enough to me about his pregnant wife being missing.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 03:23 pm
It was the husband who did it. Why else was he fishing in the same spot where the headless corpse was eventually found.

The fetus was also found in the water with it's umbilical cord still attached. Was it a spontaeous abortion or did the killer mean to kill the fetus and the mother too?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:04 pm
I think the natural gases that build up in a decomposing body caused a spontaneous abortion.

Jonbenet Ramsey. Who did it?
I do think it was a family member. Maybe her brother, accidentally, and covered up by the parents. Maybe one of the parents accidentally and covered up.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 08:01 pm
Oh man, that's disgusting.

Why didn't the bodies become fish food?

(The husband did it; everyone knows it but it won't be proven. Sorta like Saddam's WMD. Whoops, wrong topic...)
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:05 am
Law enforcement officers in Modesto, CA, sure would like to get this case tidied up quickly. Any mistakes they make could be used against them once the murderer was found.

I certainly wish the authorities well in their search for Laci's murderer.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:51 am
If "natural gas" was the cause of the abortion, the body must have been in the water for a long time.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 03:49 pm
New Haven--

Yep. That's what I think. The body was dumped very soon after, if not the day of the murder.

The forensics guys have stated the body of the baby was not as decomposed as the mother. This causes me to believe the baby's body remained inside the mother for a substantial period of time after the mother's body was dumped in the water. Gruesome, but here goes...

I think Laci's body was weighted down somehow. I think the decomposition which caused the separation of the head and legs somehow contributed to the body coming loose. I also think the "birth" of the baby may have added to the jarring and changing shape due to decomposition, which freed the corpse to be found.

News reports say Scott has been hard to locate since the bodies were found.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 05:43 pm
I just read that the authorities arrested Scott today. They haven't said yet what evidence they have to arrest him, but they must have something pretty solid. I've been wrong before, and I very well might be again. If it means they've found the killer, I'm happy to be wrong. It'll be interesting to see what they've come up with and why it took so long to arrest Scott.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 06:04 pm
Waiting to make an arrest is probably a smart thing for the police, but maddening for me, as I am a bit on the impatient side. (And I think if I see Scott Peterson's grinning mug on TV one more time, I'll send a shoe through it.)

I think I understand the waiting... You have to have some type of proof. If you make an arrest on nothing but circumstantial evidence, you'll be forced to admit you've arrested with no real proof, and later, if you do find some proof-- your first flimsy arrest may be used against you to discredit the real evidence.

...Or the police could be charged with harrassment or something...

Plus, no one wants to go to trial with a bunch of suspicion, the killer gets off, and then later you find the evidence--but can't try again because of double jeopardy.

I'm sure there is a singular reason, but I can't come up with it.

Glad he's been nabbed. Thanks, Chat! Hadn't heard it.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 06:51 pm
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030418-060612-6350r
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 10:45 pm
Thank yew, Swimpy.

Swimp's article states, among other things, Scott was arrested pulling up to the Country Club in his new, red Mercedes.....

Me thinks me gots the motive.....
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 03:03 pm
New stuff, at least to me.

Scott had dyed his hair blondish, as well as eyebrows (unusual) and grown a beard; also dyed.

He had taken up residence near his parents, interestingly living very near the Mexican border--

Most interesting-- Police are thinking she was weighted down as well, and arrested Scott because they came across some cement blocks (or residue from cement blocks) in his boat. The think they can find the blocks in the Bay ....possibly in close proximity to poor Laci's legs or head, or still entwined in the material he had tied to her.

This is starting to make me even sadder. I honestly don't know how a human being could kill his pregnant wife, and tie blocks to her pregnant body and dump it in the water. Even if you hate someone, you can divorce them.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 03:17 pm
I also heard that a search of his home produced a receipt for "leg weights" but he was unable to produce them.....

Oh, yeah!!!!

This guy is gonna get gassed.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 04:11 pm
Ew.

I hadn't heard that.

For some reason, I didn't think (just assuming) that California had the death penalty.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 04:39 pm
They probably did not arrest Scott because until the body surfaced there was no proof that a murder had been committed.
0 Replies