Who killed Laci?

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 05:47 pm
Why don't people just get a divorce?
This smacks of the guy in Boston, who went to great pains to jettison his pregnant wife...
And, Susan Smith, who murdered her children.
Both of them blamed a mysterious black man.

Does anyone think hubby didn't do it?

Help Sought in Calif. Missing Woman Case
Fri Jan 3, 9:53 AM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!
MODESTO, Calif. - Police asked the public to help verify the whereabouts of the husband of a pregnant woman who has been missing for more than a week.

Police on Thursday released pictures of a pickup truck, boat and boat trailer they impounded from Laci Peterson's husband and asked the public to tell them if they saw Scott Peterson before Christmas.
A city police sergeant also said that after nine days of searching, the department is growing more pessimistic about finding Peterson alive.

"The chances of finding her are slim," said Sgt. Ron Cloward. "But you still have to hold onto a small percentage of hope."
At a news conference, Police Lt. Doug Ridenour said the department has still neither declared nor ruled out Scott Peterson as a suspect in the Christmas Eve disappearance of his wife, who was eight months pregnant.
Family members bristled at notions he may be a factor in his wife's disappearance.
"We feel Scott has nothing to do with it, with the disappearance of Laci," her mother, Sharon Rocha, told reporters.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,838 • Replies: 79
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 07:03 pm
How can we determine she was kilt if there's no body? c.i.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 07:46 pm
Prognosticating, ci.
My dad was a detective, and although it may seem less than empathetic, I enjoy solving national cases in the media.

Surely, her absence and points toward death are horrible and I wish it weren't true, but I think she is dead and I think hubby did the deed.

When I saw Susan Smith deliver her second "tearful" plea (no actual tears) to the dreaded black kidnapper, I turned to my dad and said, "She's lying. She's killed them."

Sometimes, it is a hunch.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:16 pm
Sadly I have a feeling it's the husband as well, I don't know something about the fishing on Christmas Eve thing when the wife is 8 months pregant and having a group of people on Christmas for dinner, doesn't fly with me.

Valid point, no body yet. Time will only tell on that one. Most of the time they find the bodies. The husband I heard via TV has already hired an attorney, so there you go.

Yes, it rings of Charles Stewart as well.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:16 pm
Good hunch, Lash. I think she fooled over 98 percent of Americans who saw that clip on t.v. - including yours truly. c.i.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 05:40 pm
Update:

The woman Scott Peterson was having an affair with came forward and had a press conference last night.

Laci's family has withdrawn their support from Scott.

Why was he going to have a Find Laci rally at the Super Bowl? This is weird. Its almost like a pseudo-Munchausen's By Proxy. He was going to get alot of press coverage at the Super Bowl rally.

If I'd killed, I couldn't do the press....

Wonder if he's mental, as well as murderer?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 06:38 pm
The big problem Scott has, and will continue to have, is his $250,000 life insurance policy on Laci. When people buy insurance, they buy it on their own life to protect their spouse and children from financial ruin. At this point, I'm going to assume that Scott is over 50 percent guilty until such time a jury finds him otherwise. c.i.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 06:44 pm
You are kind with your presumin', c.i.

I presume him to be 100% guilty, but would not execute pre-trial.

Actually, would not execute post-trial....but I will stamp this Dick Dastardly guilty.

Sad, sad press conference with her brother...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2003 06:58 pm
well, i happen to think O.J. did it.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:11 pm
UPDATE:

The badly decomposed body of a newborn baby boy drifted up on the shores of the San Francisco Bay yesterday. The headless, legless torso of a woman was found a mile from the baby's body today. Police confirm the woman's body was found to be wearing a maternity top.

The locations of the bodies are consistant with Scott Peterson's alibi of fishing in the San Francisco Bay.

Forensic expert says the baby could've spontaneously aborted after his mother's murder......death. Says decomposition may account for the torso's loss of head and legs.

Horrifying.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:23 am
Whew! Thanks for the update. Are they opening the case? I hope so!

Glad to see you back, Lash Goth. You were missed!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:01 am
Lash Goth, good to see you again.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:11 am
DNA test of fetus and woman are in progress.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 05:23 pm
Although all indicators would seem to point to the husband there has been as yet no evidence to tie him to the ugly deed. Trial by the media and the public at large will not hold up in court. Innocent till proven guilty.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 05:42 pm
Phoenix and Joanne Dorel--
Very kind of you.
Nice to see your friendly avatars as well.

I am surprised it takes this long to do the DNA testing. For some reason, I thought it would be a 24 hour thing. Oh well.

au-- I know you're right about the importance of 'innocent until proven guilty' and I would never, as a judge or jury, make a flippant decision of guilty.... but, spectator and layman gumshoe that I am, he is sooo guilty.

Wouldn't you be having nightmares if you had done it? I couldn't live with myself. Especially now that these bodies have been found in their condition.

Joanne and Phoenix, I didn't want to feel deceitful, so I'll share-- I returned as Sofia, and then peeked into Lash's account to close it, BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO!! I feel schizophrenic. I don't want to off Lash, but Sofia is much more agreeable, and has been playing well with others.

I think Lash's days are numbered. Her rough edges have been chiselled a bit, and is now appearing as Sofia.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 05:57 pm
Yeah, sofia's a total pushover.

Shocked

Um, NOT. Wink
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 05:58 pm
strange, Lash. I posted this same thread on A2K some time ago..Only timberlanko and New haven responded. Where were you?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 06:32 pm
Lash Goth
Anyone who could commit such a heinous crime has no conscience. The only thing that would give him nightmares is the fear of getting caught.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 07:14 pm
It's Lash! You've been missed around here!

I have to disagree with your theory though. Forensics experts are so thorough - they can find a hair, a thread from clothing, nearly anything. They checked the hubby's house, car and all his belongings from top to bottom and haven't found any evidence to arrest him.

I think when people found out he had had an affair, they assumed he was guilty of murder. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time by far), but that's my take on it. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with now that there are some bodies.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 08:45 pm
Letty--

I have been on hiatus for a couple of months, and returned about two weeks ago.

sozobe--

You can't tell me Sofia isn't nicer!!! I was really following the Marquis of Queensbury Rules of Engagement about the museum thingie. I was the picture of etiquette! Thoughtful, introspective, cordial....ALL THAT CRAP!!! (Wasn't I?)

Chat!!!! I got your e-mail, only about three months after you sent it. Thank you so much. Very Happy But, I must say you be wrong about Killer Scott. It wasn't the affair, for me. It was how he acted and some of the choices he's made since she went missing... But we shall see. Who do you think did it? The robber theory? A kidnapping for the baby? What kind of scenario do you envision? Interested, as I really like to "solve" high profile cases.
0 Replies