Paranormal Experiences

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:22 am
I'm wondering because my husband nor my old roommates every saw or heard anything...I know I am not crazy.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 02:49 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Do you think that the saying is true that only those who are willing to see ghosts, see them?

Nope...I certainly never wanted too.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:34 pm
There is much to the universe which we don't or can't understand. When Larry and I had our little adventure neither of us was afraid and for a time we both thought, "this couldn't possibly happen, therefore, it didn't". I think that's the tendency of the human mind.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 02:23 am
When I was very young I just wanted to know what was going on, and I was not scared of the experiences. I guess because I was too young to understand what was going on.
In my teens I became scared, because I understood a little more, and I was having more than one experience at a time.
As I became older, and had experiences with other people, and learned a great deal of what was happening to me, and how to have a certain amount of control; I lost all fear.
0 Replies

austinsdaddy0105

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:28 am
removed duplicate post
0 Replies

austinsdaddy0105

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:29 am
I have a couple of experiences. My last one was while I was on vacation last month visiting family up north. My wife and I took our seven month old son, Austin, to meet my family up there for the first time. However we had to take the pak and play since we could not take his crip. He's only seven months old but he was already like 26" "tall" and we had to move his crib down because he climb the slats already. My wife and I watched him and no doubt he could easily fall out if we didn't drop the crib. So with the pak and play the pad attaches to the canopy, which then puts the pad in the middle, height wise, of the pak and play. My wife had said something about it being high, but we didn't think much of it.

Well, when my wife and I were asleep I woke up because I felt someone standing beside our bed. **getting goose bumps already just remembering it** I peeked my eyes open and it was my Aunt standing beside my bed holding my son. I presumed he must've been crying or something so she came in to the room to get him and give him to us. So I sat up and put my arms out to take my son, but she stepped back. I shook my eyes cuz the room was really dark. She was a few feet away closer to the end of the bed. So I got on my knees and leaned down again with my arms out to take him, but again she simply backed up and continued to hold him. I got out of my bed and walked around the foot of the bed and at the same time I reached out to grab him she leaned down to put him back in the pak and play. As our motions met, at that precise moment I then picked up my son. He was standing up, not crying or making a noise, but he was attempting to pull out of the top of the pack and play. He was ready to flop over the top at any second, and I feel that had I of been one second later he would have fell the 4 feet to the floor. I immediately turned the light on to the room and noticed that not only was the door to the room shut, but it was locked as well. I was still "looking" for my aunt so I went out to find her. I found her and my uncle in the living room. Both sound asleep on the air matress (my parents came up so they gave my parents their bed, my wife and I got the spare bedroom, and they slept on the floor). I came to the room, sat in bed, with goose bumps covering my body. I realized that something strange and unexplainable had just happend. I fed my son and put him to bed.
The next morning I told my family and my wife what happened. Of course they thanked Jesus for sending an angel to help protect us. Angel or not I am thankful to whomever/whatever was in my room that night.

Some people say I am crazy, but I refused to believe that. :wink:

I am a level-headed person. I have a certificate in Law Enforcement, a certificate in Corrections, my Associate in Science in Criminal Justice with Honors, and my Associate in Arts with Pre-Law emphasis with Honors. I am currently working towards my Bachelor's degree. Hard to explain what happened because I am a down to Earth type of guy, but something was in my room and helped me protect my son.
0 Replies

austinsdaddy0105

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 08:10 am
Another experience that was more freaky to me happened when I was a teenager. I was probably 15 years old and my mom had a two bedroom apartment. I was home alone and made me some Ramen Noodles with cheese for lunch. When I put the food into the bowl I turned around to the other counter to put the pan in the sink. When I turned back around the bowl was sitting there going around and around. Slowly but steadily. I didn't think much about it and got my bowl and left. I thought maybe the counter was uneven or something. I ate my lunch and then went to lay down in my bed. I picked up the phone when I laid down to call my mom at work. I was in mid conversation with her with I heard my dog Zeus, start to bark/whimper and then my room got extremly cold. I could literally see my breath in my room. **the goose bumps are covering my body already** I told my mom that Zeus was barking/whimpering, and it was really cold in my room. My hairs started to stand up and I saw my dog come running to my room. He droped down right at the carpet that started into my room in a full guard position showing his teeth and barking/whimpering. That in and of itself was odd cuz this dog was so loving and gentle and that was a shock to see him like that. I got extremely scared, and my mom told me to just get up and leave the room. I tried to get up but I was frozen solid. I could not move a muscle. I was completely paralyzed. I told my mom and I started to freak out.
Then all of the sudden the cold went away, and my dog ran and jumped into my bed with me and I could move. I hung up with my mom and went and stayed on the couch till she got home. Not sure what that was, but I am almost certain it wasn't good.

Its amazing when I start talking about these things because I have tuned them out. I am now recalling more and more things.

Well I have more to talk about but they make me seem nutty. I'll give this one to see if anyone has experienced the same. When I was about 11 or 12 I was awoken in the middle of the night by a strange, evil, deep, odd, weird, scary voice. Its hard to explain. The voice was talking to me as if someone was standing right there, but I turned my light on and no one was there. I could not get away from it. I went downstairs and cried on the couch. I was so frightened. I clinched my eyes shut, but I could hear the voice. I don't remember what was said, but it happened two seperate occasions. The second time it happened I immediately jumped up and ran downstairs. My mom was downstairs and I started crying and explained to her that I could hear a voice. She could not hear it, but it soon went away. I think her and I both shrugged it off.

Fast forward about 10 years. My uncle and I were talking one day and he said the same thing used to happen to him. He said sometimes he would also see a pair of eyes. However, my uncle, like most of my family, are pretty religous. He said he would simply preach the word of God and rebuke the evil spirit. I never saw eyes, but I would hear that evil voice.

Sorry if you think i'm nutty. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 08:33 am
Austin, I don't think your nutty.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 12:26 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:

Why is it, I said WHY IS IT that most times someone describes their unusual experience, they ask 'Am I nuts?' or say 'I am not afraid because I can CONTROL it', or some other apologetic/patronising, crawl cap in hand to the Doctor, rubbish?
Yeh, why?
0 Replies

austinsdaddy0105

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 12:30 pm
John,
Do you think that it could be that we are taught that boogymen and funky experiences are "not real" or that they don't really happen? That they are all just in your head and your off your rocker?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:30 pm
austinsdaddy0105 wrote:
John,
Do you think that it could be that we are taught that boogymen and funky experiences are "not real" or that they don't really happen? That they are all just in your head and your off your rocker?

Bloody right I do. I get demons a few times a week in sleep. The same ones. But I've been around. I have sense. I have recognised the myths promoted by medicine. My world view does not accomodate the sickness of psychology.
0 Replies

austinsdaddy0105

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:58 pm
So what is your world view?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 02:25 pm
austinsdaddy0105 wrote:
So what is your world view?

I don't distance myself from 'my experiences' by refuting them, or calling them names, or treating them, or curing them, or even setting them up as 'my experiences'.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:46 pm
John Jones wrote:
AngeliqueEast wrote:

Why is it, I said WHY IS IT that most times someone describes their unusual experience, they ask 'Am I nuts?' or say 'I am not afraid because I can CONTROL it', or some other apologetic/patronising, crawl cap in hand to the Doctor, rubbish?
Yeh, why?

JJ,You answer the questions because you seem to know it all. I only know my experiences, and how I have learned to cope with them, and yes even to use them. I for one do not believe anyone is crazy/nutty here.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:52 pm
John Jones wrote:
austinsdaddy0105 wrote:
John,

Bloody right I do. I get demons a few times a week in sleep. The same ones. But I've been around. I have sense. I have recognised the myths promoted by medicine. My world view does not accomodate the sickness of psychology.

JJ,That sounds to me like your very confused about the world or/and are taking drugs of some kind. That has nothing to do with the paranormal. There is a difference between your demons and many of the experiences here.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 02:51 am
AngeliqueEast wrote:
John Jones wrote:
austinsdaddy0105 wrote:
John,

JJ,That sounds to me like your very confused about the world or/and are taking drugs of some kind. That has nothing to do with the paranormal. There is a difference between your demons and many of the experiences here.

The paranormal does not occur in cosy enclaves set aside from the clinic. There are not 'clinical' experiences and 'paranormal' experiences, which thoughts and experiences can be classified as. Let's get rid of these social distinctions masquerading as facts.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:38 pm
I will share another experience I had when I was 11. I was awoken around 2AM by a loud car crash. I ran to the window but everything was peaceful. Even as I stood at the window I could hear a hub cap rolling down the street. Suddenly all was quiet. Right after I closed my eyes I heard the same crash again. Again I heard the hub cap rolling. But this time there was a 3 car collision right outside my window. Police and fire trucks came and one person was killed. The next morning I was walking down the street and I stumbled across that hubcap. It scared the hell out of me. I flung it into the woods as hard as I could. I told my mother about this and she just said, "well, that's very strange".

I have no doubt that my experiences are "real". My tennis court story was shared with my friend Larry. Two people cannot have the same hallucination!
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 09:24 am
Funny that this thread is under "Philosophy and Debate". Some might consider this "Spiritual" stuff... or probably even under science! Hehe Razz
0 Replies

BrianT

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:18 pm
I hope I can step in and share. I'm wondering where to start, as there are numerous events. I will start with this one. This one was constant for about a month or two. Now it's on and off. I will begin by saying that nothing seemed real. In other words, I perceived the illusory nature of all things. It was very spooky. Here's the best I can explain it: imagine you're taking a tour of a studio in Hollywood. You get to the stage for a soap opera. There's a bed, windows, walls, mirrors, stairs, carpet... Everything is there. You'd just know that it was not real, that it was fake. If you were to lie down in the bed, you may experience an odd feeling that no one sleeps in this bed, except for a few minutes at a time when being filmed. You look at the paintings on the wall, and know that they have no sentimental value to anyone because no one lives there.

Alternately, if you were to go to a haunted mansion (in Disneyland, for example), you would just know that everything you're seeing is made up, a fiction, not real.

Or even another description: it feels like a waking dream. At times, I even thought it was a lucid dream that I had control over.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 09:44 pm
Interesting Brian. Please tell more.
0 Replies