Paranormal Experiences

NickFun

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 01:37 pm
Kinch wrote:
Hi guys,
I have only ever had one paranormal experience, I think, though a few that I would call mystical.

I was at a friends place meditating and reading Zarathustra when I looked up and saw a tall, white (pure white) man in a suit with a bowtie and a black hat. He was about seven feet tall, incredibly thin and leant right down to my face, before vanishing.

I don't know if it was a ghost as such, though I tend to think it was. Whenever I am at that house at night I feel presences. They also have a lot of photos taken there in which you can make out a strange face in the background, the same face as the man I saw.

Nice post! Glad to see there aren't many people scoffing (I haven't finished reading so maybe...)

Kinch

P.S. I would describe the mystical experiences I have had but there a little beyond words.

Kinch - can you describe this man? Could he have been a former resident of the house? I don't dismiss the idea that you may have seen a ghost! I know a woman who was working on a Charles Dickens stage play in an old theater in Brookline, MA. She was dressing into 19th century garb in the dressing room when she looked up and saw a man in 19th century clothes standing 3 feet away from her. She closed her eyes for a moment thinking she was hallucinating but when she opened her eyes again the man was still there. She asked him what he was doing there and he vanished! It seems a few patrons of the theater on opening night also saw this gentleman though the place was not known to be haunted - until that night!
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:01 am
POST THOSE PICTURES PLEASE...And that my friend is what you call a member of the harlem globe trotters. Seven feet tall, wearing white and black, seems about right. if not then i guess its 'god' taking form to suit your likings ^^, werent you scared? Im pretty much scared of anything that moves, thats why I flinch whenever it hink somethigns going to come at me, sometimes my own shadow too
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 10:58 am
I have only had one Paranormal experience.

I was 8 years old and lying in bed waiting for fatigue. I saw a very defined shadow in the light from the crack in my door so i got up and looked out and there was no one there.

It was pretty weird.
0 Replies

csj

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:43 am
Yes! i have had experiences with the paranormal!
many different experiences in fact here goes:
i have had door's open on there own in the home.
fridge door, loft door, wardrode door, front door, Windows.
also my mobile phone has been switched on and off on it's own.
also i have heard ghost rapping - werid thumping's banging's tapping's etc etc.
The toliet seat get's put up sometime's by it's self the tap start's running on it's own,
Also the plug goes bang bang bang on it's own to.
Plus i have a digtial camera which pick's up werid thing's too.
Ectoplasm,---Ecto-mist, vapor, ghostly mist,
Orbs, spears,---- globules, balls of light, globes
Vortex----, funnel ghosts .
Shadow ghosts----, dark entities
Ghost lights. ----Streaming ghost energy. werid face's and so on.
( i have had some werid photo's graph's my self).
I have also heard voice's whisper my name.
Other thing's like the T.V goes off on it's own quite alot, also the radio station's get changed over on there own....
ie if you turned the t.v back on it will go off again.
this computer has been turned off by it's self.
Also another thing that has happened is when i record music some how the songs get crossed which i don't really know to tell you about that..
one time werid fuzzy telephone calls. from some ones telephone line i know.
plus more on the telephone but i won't say!
i have felt thing's touch me brush past me.
Also i have seen shadow people too.
from the corner of my eyes,
a few times.!
Thing's have gone missing and appared later on.
Plus Tom my pet cat has seen a few thing's that i can't see. Run out of room's really quickly, run in the house from the garden really quick.
stared at thing's that arent there.
i have smelled weird smells too.
other people have had things go on with them too.
So yes i do beileve in the paranormal.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:20 am
My dad passed away in August. Though they had been divorced for many years, my mom has been staying at his condo since January. She put his wedding ring onto a stack of books then went out for the day. When she returned that evening she couldn't find the ring. She opened a drawer and found the ring atop a neatly folded handkerchief that was not there when she left earlier.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 05:31 pm
I notive people are still watching this thread even though there have been no comments. Anyone else ever had somethingh weird happen?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 07:15 pm
Yes, Nick. As you may know, my son has been really ill. The fluid kept building up in his body and he was sent home too soon from the hospital. My daughter talked him into going to physical therapy, and the sessions that he had there were helping, but I kept getting strange phone calls from him.

I went to my husband's urn and said. "Okay. You weren't there for your son when he was little, so now is your chance to do something. Save him."
I swear to you, I got a telephone call from my son almost immediately. I have never heard him sound so young and strong and independent.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2006 11:55 pm
That's wonderful Letty! How's he doing? Have the doctors said anything?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 04:20 am
Good morning, Nick. No one has any idea what is wrong with my son. It began as a dissecting baker's cyst and developed into a systemic infection. Strange how these things seem to develop in our lives, no?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:31 am
Indeed. In Buddhism we refer to such things as karma. I sincerely hope your son overcomes his troubles and regains perfect health asap!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:36 am
Thank you, Nick. Actually, I think it must be my bad Karma.<smile>
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:58 am
I just found this thread so I haven't read the previous comment; but has anyone addressed the issue of Near Death Experience?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2006 08:59 am
A little Xingu. Care to say more?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 04:56 am
First, let me say I have never had a paranormal experience so I don't have any interesting stories to tell. My experience with NDE is through literature.

Equus experience at the Custer Battlefield, a place I have visited several times, made me think of Patton and his experience in Europe during WW I. He was a firm believer in reincarnation. NDE tells us we have been here before and we shall return.

Here are some quotes on reincarnation.

Some of the books I've read are Raymond Moody's Life After Life and The Light Beyond. Melvin Morse' book Closer to the Light is about NDE of children. I've also read Kenneth Ring's Lessons From the Light. Kenneth Ring is or perhaps was, he may be retired now, Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Connecticut. He has done a lot of research in NDE. He is co-founder and past president of the International Association for Near-death studies(IANDS).
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 10:25 am
I am a Nichiren Buddhist. I firmly believe in the eternity of life. Life does not begin at conception nor end with death. Our future existence is based on the causes we make now as our present existence is based on the causes we made in the past.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 10:58 am
Quote:
Our future existence is based on the causes we make now as our present existence is based on the causes we made in the past.

Although NDE says the soul is eternal I don't believe our past lives dictate our present. NDE says we are here for a purpose. We are here to learn. I think we are put in different situations so that our soul will gain experience. I don't see a punishment motive. Even in the life review punishment is not inflicted on a soul.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 11:46 am
Taking responsibility for our lives is called "karma". We don't define it as punishment so much as benefit and loss. It's no coincidence we have the families we have. In a sense you could say we chose them. Of course, all of this is slightly off-topic. Maybe start another thread about the eternity of life.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 12:58 pm
Ok, Nick. My ancestral home which is in Virginia, supposedly had a "ghost room" in the upper wing. When both my children were young, they were captivated by the idea of it, so they decided to hold a seance, along with their cousins, in the room.

I thought it amusing and encouraged it because I felt as though it would allay any ideas attached to the legend.

My sister and I hovered outside the door and listened. All of a sudden ever window shade in that room, four as I recall, flew up at the same time, with a loud sound. Those kids came sailing out of that room and my sister and I were frozen. My son's hair was literally standing on end as well as the fine hair on his arms. He actually had a pale green tinge to his lips. We have never solved that little event to this day. Perhaps the concentration of minds working in sync, can produce such things.

I know that Duke University experimented with ESP, using the traditional cards, to test the theory.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 04:14 pm
Or perhaps there WAS some sort of poltergeist activity going on there Letty. Maybe we shouldn't fool around with this stuff!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 04:28 pm
My word, Nick. I have never done stuff like that. I have e-mailed my older sister and asked her exactly where the legend originated. That house is really old. Around the 1600's. My oldest sister didn't attempt to restore it, but renovated it.

I invited Diane here, because she was interested.
0 Replies