Paranormal Experiences

BrianT

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 03:52 pm
Sorry I didn't get an email notification.

I'm not sure what else to say for there is so much. During one period in my life, I thought I was seeing signs from God giving me a choice to follow God's path that he laid out for me or my own path. One form these signs came in was newspapers. Certain words would stand out and I could decipher their meaning.

You basically asked me to recite every word I know. Easier for me to answer specific questions. Smile
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 11:08 pm
Experiences such as yours and mine are actually more common than not. Since Larry and I had our little adventure I have met many people who have had some sort of mystical, unexplainable experience. It's that kind of thing that so many people have intimate knowledge of yet few people will talk about.
0 Replies

BrianT

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 06:28 pm
In my experience, that's because you get labelled as insane or stupid or something if you do talk about it.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:09 am
That's true Brian. However, if you have a shared experience, such as Larry and I had, people are much less likely to label you. Especially since we are both fairly well-respected.
0 Replies

BrianT

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
I have had some shared experiences but not many.

While driving home in traffic, I noticed that there didn't seem to be a driver of the car behind me. Then I saw what looked like a demon. It had large eyes that never blinked.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 01:34 pm
That was just my ex-wife.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:56 pm
Do imaginary playmates count? And no, I am not talking about people posting on other forums. My mother used to tell about the two I had when we lived in Iceland. I hear a lot of kids in secluded areas have imaginary playmates. It's the names of mine that I always found puzzling, and the fact that my mother said I would take to them during the day and was afraid of them at night.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:09 pm
Imaginary playmates are interstng Glitter. Though I never had one, I know a young man who DID. His playmate was named "Moe". He used to talk to Moe all the time until he was 10. Then Moe vanished. He spoke of Moe as a long lost friend. To him Moe was quite real. I sometimes wonder if there may be something to this "imaginary friend" stuff.

Glitter, what were your imaginary friends names?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:34 pm
I will tell you but you have to promise not to think I made this up as an adult. My playmates were called "the muddy man" and "Mr. Lucifer". My brother and I still get creeped out just talking about them. I was very young, and I doubt there was any suggestive talk around me, certainly not anything scary. I have absolutely no recollection of them, don't know how long they were around, and both my parents are long gone so I don't know anyone who can fill in any gaps. I do have an Aunt who was around 8 when I was born, but she was in Baltimore while were in Iceland.

My mother didn't seem to be phased by it, so when she first brought it up it supprised me, but I thought it was amusing. What I wonder now, is that I have very vivid memories of the time we spent in Iceland, not every day of course, but certain things stick out. Why wouldn't I have any recollection first hand of the playmates, particularly ones that I was afraid of in the dark???
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:33 pm
Sorry Nick, It's prety creepy, but it is what it is.
0 Replies

yardsale

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:37 pm
Excellent subject!

I am not sure about paranormal activity. I have not had such an experience other than having a certain nightmare for years then one day I had a bad car accident after which I never had the dream again.

Maybe it is that a paranormal activity if existent is actually a reply of past traumatic events sort of like a skipping record. Possibly the magnetic arrangement of certain areas is more prone to the phenomenon than others. Maybe the energy characteristic of the time in which the event actually took place interacted with the magnetic characteristics of the environment creating the phenomenon
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:14 pm
Glitter, I have heard such tales of imaginary friends many times before. It seems my brother had one that caused extreme damage to the house when he was 5 (before I was born). My parents punished my brother despite his crying and insistance that it was "Chuckie", not he, who broke things. My brother also has no recollection of Chuckie. But some kids DO recall their imaginary friends and insist they were quite real - at leats to them!

Yardsdale, I find it intersting that your nightmares STOPPED aftet you had an accident. I think an accident like that would have STARTED mine!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 01:24 pm
My cousin had imaginary friends, little people who sat on the windowsill.

I never had imaginary friends.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/wwright43/pumpcat.gif
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:50 am
I was talking with a friend last night who told me of her nephew's imaginary friends. Hios friends were three feet tall and brothers. When she went to the store he asked her if one or both of his imaginary friends could come along. When he was 9 the imaginary friends vanished. Jane (my friend) asked him what happened to them. It seems one of them drank gasoline and died. The other was so distraught over his brothers death he left.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:00 pm
Hey, Nick. Great thread, buddy. This imaginary friend bit reminds me of the movie that I watched last night--A Stir of Echoes. Wow!

My dolls were always people to me, and I guess that classifies as an imaginary friend of sorts.

One strange experience that I had a couple of days ago when I was taking a brief nap. I was in between that twilight sleep and awakening and I felt a pressure on the edge of the mattress as though someone had come in and sat down. It was spooky!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:52 pm
I had a roomate for 10 years who had that experience frequently Letty. I don't know how many times I would wake up to hear him screaming in the next room beacuse someone was tugging on his ankle or sitting on his bed.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:54 pm
I think posting on A2K is a paranormal experience. It ain't normal, anyway.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:57 pm
No reasonable explanation for it, either, Nick.

Andy, you are a laugh a latvian minute.
0 Replies

Kinch

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:05 am
Hi guys,
I have only ever had one paranormal experience, I think, though a few that I would call mystical.

I was at a friends place meditating and reading Zarathustra when I looked up and saw a tall, white (pure white) man in a suit with a bowtie and a black hat. He was about seven feet tall, incredibly thin and leant right down to my face, before vanishing.

I don't know if it was a ghost as such, though I tend to think it was. Whenever I am at that house at night I feel presences. They also have a lot of photos taken there in which you can make out a strange face in the background, the same face as the man I saw.

Nice post! Glad to see there aren't many people scoffing (I haven't finished reading so maybe...)

Kinch

P.S. I would describe the mystical experiences I have had but there a little beyond words.
0 Replies

Kinch

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:10 am
JJ I just read something you wrote, about how there are not clinical and paranormal experiences, I like where you are coming from.
0 Replies