Do all Catholics believe in evolution, as the Pope does

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:01 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Well we do not know what God is, but some say that we were created in his image.

whoa

that's a fancy seasonal cheeseball - whole pile of mystery ingredients attempting to be something appetizing
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:07 pm
@ehBeth,
And God destroyed Sodom with no stone left upon another.

This has been created by science, just drop in Hiroshima instead of Sodom.

The bible is coming to life, as those with cornea transplants see.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:07 pm
@farmerman,
just did some reading on the Kolbe Center group

they are considered an "unofficial Catholic group" - apparently not recognized as Catholic by "the Church"

Catholic home-schoolers are advised against using any of their teaching materials
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:09 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
cheeseball with nuts

http://images.sweetauthoring.com/recipe/56750_966.jpg
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Home schooling is sad, high school is one of the best parts of life, a time to become aware of self and friends, not to be stuck at home every day.

Do home schoolers have baseball and football teams?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:10 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Catholics aren't fully free of an idiot branch just because some pope speaks out in favor of science

they think they're a branch

the tree isn't convinced
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:12 pm
@ehBeth,
You deny that the USA or Russia can destroy any city with the push of a finger,

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/hiroshima_08_05/h31_01.jpg
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 06:16 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Do home schoolers have baseball and football teams?

I know of at least one such team.

The cheerleaders don't dress all sexy; instead they preach the Gospel.

The team nickname is "The Good News Bears".
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 10:20 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
Now understand that I do believe in God...

Evidence please? Even a speck of evidence will do.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 10:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
DNA is now storing binary code, this proves that DNA is actually a hard drive, of which you have 37 trillion or so of in your own body, thus you are a machine of some advanced type. This is what has always been known, or suspected by many at least, however now that human science has advanced to the level to store it's own code on DNA, the gap between what we are, and what created us, is narrowing.

Thus this information, that will be transmitted and stored on various hard drives, will finally be comprehended by the trillions of hard drives storing DNA, that comprise your brain.

This is difficult to accept, for those who believe that they were formed from mud.

You are far more than that.
FBM

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 11:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Good luck with that! Laughing
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 12:14 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I think it's time to say G'nite, you need to sleep and get rested, you are waaaay out of your league.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 03:02 am
DNATD wrote:
I seriously think that God is of far less importance to Catholicism than is Jesus, who was real and came along long after the aliens created our planet.

Woo-hoo ! ! ! We've got a live one here, folks. So tell me Bubba, who were these aliens who created our planet? They just created out planet, not the rest of the solar system? What evidence do you have for this loony thesis?

Oh man, you can't make sh*t like this up.
FBM

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 03:09 am
@Setanta,
That post is one of the reasons I'm pretty sure he's a Poe.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 04:54 am
@Setanta,
JAyzus were a Romulan, ever notice the robes an how he looked like MING the MERCILESS?

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:09 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
they are considered an "unofficial Catholic group"
I had feared that, since quite a few of North American branches of Catholicism (Mexico to Canada) are classed as "Charismatics", the Kolbe Center is well funded through these "official sects".
I don't know but Ive seen Kolbe Center Lit visibly available at Pa
State Ed Board meetings,

It all starts somewhere.

The SOuthern Baptists and the BAptist Conference are separate groups and one is more Evangelical nd Fundamental than the other.

Whatever happens, I like to keep an eye on anything that smacks of "Creationist Infiltration and Indoctrination " of schools.

In US its been well adjudicated and Creationism and ID are classed as "RELIGIONS" so they don't belong in Science.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:10 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I asked:

Brandon9000 wrote:

DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

You responded:

DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

DNA is now storing binary code, this proves that DNA is actually a hard drive, of which you have 37 trillion or so of in your own body, thus you are a machine of some advanced type. This is what has always been known, or suspected by many at least, however now that human science has advanced to the level to store it's own code on DNA, the gap between what we are, and what created us, is narrowing.

Thus this information, that will be transmitted and stored on various hard drives, will finally be comprehended by the trillions of hard drives storing DNA, that comprise your brain.

This is difficult to accept, for those who believe that they were formed from mud.

You are far more than that.

No, no, no, your evidence of the existence of a God. If you don't answer, I will ask you again and again and again.
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:14 am
Beth--The Kolbe Center is sorta my idea of a "Discovery Institute" for Catholics. Id love to search and see who is the base of funds for Kolbe.

We know about the Discovery Institute and their funding sources, and it includes lotsa GOP sources (even though the Kochs fund the PBS "Koch fund for Science")
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:21 am
@farmerman,
Ì feel a song coming on . . .

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 05:22 am
@Brandon9000,
He thinks the existence of DNA *is* evidence of his God. That's why he clings to it and is so excited about it.