Do all Catholics believe in evolution, as the Pope does

McGentrix

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 07:22 pm
I think most creationists are more evangelical the Catholic. I know lots of Catholics that believed in evolution even when the last two popes were in office.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 07:37 pm
@glitterbag,
The people who are really confused, are the people who are sure they know.....because the fluesenberg certainty principle declares that the act of knowing, creates an equal and opposite unknown in the atomic space of what was formerly known.
Kolyo

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 07:41 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

the fluesenberg certainty principle declares that the act of knowing, creates an equal and opposite unknown in the atomic space of what was formerly known.

You know that because you watch Fox News, I presume?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 07:41 pm
@McGentrix,
I have never met a Catholic, that expressed disbelief in evolution, I am sure there are some. I seriously think that God is of far less importance to Catholicism than is Jesus, who was real and came along long after the aliens created our planet.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 07:44 pm
@Kolyo,
Actually I only watch FOX now when they have Sarah Palin as a guest host. http://nycprowler.com/prowler/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Sarah-Palin-and-Fox-News.jpg
Kolyo

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 08:01 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Actually I only watch FOX now when they have Sarah Palin as a guest host.

Maybe I should watch.

Earlier you said you understood the complexity of cells because you watched FOX News.

Was Sarah Palin hosting then? Because I'd love to see her take a long look at the inside of a cell.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2014 08:52 pm
@Kolyo,
Dude it was a joke..............................and a flippin good one too.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 03:37 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
speaking as person raised in the Catholic Church and educated in Catholic schools, if a person is a Catholic and believes in creationism, they probably are really not Catholic.

In an effort to avoid to sound knowledgeable youve jut dismissed the "Charismatic" branch of the US and European Catholic Churches.
Catholics aren't fully free of an idiot branch just because some pope speaks out in favor of science
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:04 am
@Kolyo,
As Terry Bradshaw always said
"How smart do you have to be to become an announcer on FOX?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:18 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
So you do not believe in evolution then, is this correct?

Not only do you have almost no reasoning abilities, you have no sense of humor, either.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:30 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I was also taught evolution by the nuns, but years earlier than the 6th grade. They knew the difference between science and religious doctrine, the nuns were not stupid.
My grandmother was taught the same, by Franciscan nuns ... decades ago, around 1910.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:51 pm
@Kolyo,
And I got some laughs, and others like you take it literally, like some interpret the bible.

0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:54 pm
@Setanta,
I clearly have said that I believe that DNA is the code that was created to enable evolution, so yes I believe in evolution. However evolution is far too complex to be formed in a pond, they are two different ideas. Furthermore, when humanity leaves the Earth to populate any other place, those people are the God of all the creatures on that new place. Thus God will be proved by science, and to those who understand that DNA can store hard drive data, they know that DNA is part of a machine, that was created.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 04:57 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
Furthermore, when humanity leaves the Earth to populate any other place, those people are the God of all the creatures on that new place.

why do you think this would be the case?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 05:02 pm
@farmerman,
Really? I had no idea that there were still creationist Catholics. I'll have to do some reading on that.
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 05:18 pm
@ehBeth,
"Charismatics" are the 'cordion playin Holy Rollers of the Romish.

farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 05:29 pm
@farmerman,
Heres a little unashamed opening statement from the Kolbe Center folks,

Quote:
The Kolbe Center aims to equip Catholic evangelists with a decisive advantage in the third millennium by rooting their apologetics in the true Catholic doctrine of creation, supported by sound arguments from theology, philosophy and natural science.

Once persuaded of the bankruptcy of molecules-to-man evolution and of the reasonableness of special creation, the practical atheist will be able to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the claims of the Catholic Church
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 05:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Well we do not know what God is, but some say that we were created in his image. If this is the DNA image, then we have all of Gods power, though we still have much to learn. If we bring bacteria and photosynthetic organisms that create sugar and Oxygen to another place, and these things then flourish and evolve, then we have brought life to a lifeless World. This is what God did here, yes or no?

Thus science will create God from ourselves.
Kolyo

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 05:51 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

Well we do not know what God is, but some say that we were created in his image. If this is the DNA image, then we have all of Gods power, though we still have much to learn.

So who do you think created our God, another God?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2014 05:58 pm
@Kolyo,
This is a question, and in fact if we bring life forms to another planet, and they evolve into intelligent beings that can question the same things that we are doing now, then the same situation exist there as here. Obviously I do not have the answer, as to where life began, but everything that I speculate on is logical, and would make our race the God of life on this new World. Remember that when the Earth was just space dust 5 billion years ago, that the universe was 8 billion years old already. So this could have happened countless times.
0 Replies