I just wanna know if whatever I did was wrong..

Faizan

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:13 am
I was in a relationship with a girl for four years. We always had trust issues throughout the whole time. The problem was that I would not live up to her expectations inspite of being in love with her. I mean she'd expect something from me and if I wouldn't live up to it, she'd end up doing something that would hurt me. Like we would have a small fight and not call each other for a few days, she'd end up talking to some other guys. She would later come back to me after a couple of weeks and apologize and I would forgive her bla bla.. This continued for Years.

But finally, once we had a big fight after which we stopped talking to each other for nearly a month. I still hadn't forgotten her and couldn't really get into a relationship with anyone else. And then, another month passed and it was her birthday. I tried to stop myself from calling her but couldn't and did call her only to find her celebrating it with her 'new boyfriend.' DAMN! Anyhow.. Cutting short, she calls me again, sorry again..I forgive her and we're together again.. She breaks my trust once more when a friend of mine caught her making out with some guy. So we finally break up. No contact for two years. And this time, I finally move on... (Still didn't get into a relationship though).

Now after two years, we happen to meet somehow and start talking again. She asks me out and I say yes. We stay together at my place for a couple of days. Lot of talking, no sex. But after a couple of days, I just don't feel right and for the first time I feel that this is not supposed to be and that it won't work out. I say sorry to her and try to explain it. She wept and left.

Now..I feel guilty and sorry for her. I miss her too but I know that we're not meant to be for each other and feel there's no point in being together if there's no feeling. I know she'll be fine but.. I just wanna know if whatever I did was wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 652 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Faizan
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:38 am
@Faizan,
You're fine. It's called growing up. It's also called coming to a realization.

We don't wed everyone we date. That's a good thing - a really good thing. Dating is for experimenting with your life. It is not a failure if it ends. It's a success, actually. You knew it was wrong and you ended it so that both parties would have the opportunity to lead fulfilling lives with others.

That's not a failure; that's maturity.
Eliusa

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 08:19 am
@jespah,
He couldn't get into relationships with anyone else for a long time, still doesn't have any.
Maybe she had matured as well?
0 Replies

Faizan

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 12:51 pm
Thanks for reading this. Thanks everyone.
0 Replies