is he interested?

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 09:56 am
Im 30 and have met a 57 year olan through work. Im in a happy relationship and getting married next year. I have no issues with self esteem or any need to feel like i should be getting more attention. But this man i have met, i cant stop thinking about him and look forwarx to spending time with him. We have the same interests and i could talk to jom for hours. He is always touching me on the arm, leg, face, hand, leaning on me or sitting really close so we touch. Hes always looking at me all the time. He recently asked for my number and gave me his although he has only text me in response to mine. He always tells me im beautiful and has asked me out for dinner. Hes married to a woman the same age as him but they have little in common. I dont lnow how to move things along with him, i havent seen him in a few days and the last time i did he said hed text me but ive heard nothing yet. Should i text him first or wait?

View best answer, chosen by louise82
Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:04 am
@louise82,
My advice is free and may be worth little to you. I would ignore this situation or let it pass you by. Don't muddy the relationship waters as the consequences for both of you are too great. There's no future with a married man. If you're responding to simple flattery at this level of flirtation and temptation, you're engagement should be halted. You might try exercising some self control.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:07 am
@louise82,
Be very careful of olans.

When they get their gander up there's no stopping them.
louise82

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:12 am
@Lordyaswas,
Olans haha i dont know it ended up being spelt that way, other than im an idiot who cant type well
ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:20 am
@louise82,
He is married. You are getting married.

What exactly are you hoping to move forward?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:27 am
He sounds like a flirt, tease, and probably is well known at work for being a cheat. Ask around about him. I think you'll find he likes the chase.

BTW - you say nothing about your fiance. Clearly you are not ready to settle down and get married.
louise82

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:57 am
@PUNKEY,
Hes actually not like that, hes shy, quiet and not very confident in himself. People would describe him as kind and helpful.
Ragman

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 11:09 am
@louise82,
If you say so. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 11:14 am
@louise82,
this is not a shy guy

louise82 wrote:
He is always touching me on the arm, leg, face, hand, leaning on me or sitting really close so we touch. Hes always looking at me all the time. He recently asked for my number and gave me his although he has only text me in response to mine. He always tells me im beautiful and has asked me out for dinner.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 11:15 am
@louise82,
louise82 wrote:
Hes married to a woman the same age as him but they have little in common.

did his wife tell you that?

until she does, don't believe it
louise82

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 11:24 am
@ehBeth,
Its been gradual over 7 months at first he barely made wye content. And no she didnt say that, he did but i have met her and seen her around him, she shares no interest in anything he does says and he goes everywhere and does everything alone or with his daughters or friend. He really isnt your typical cheat. Other people arpu.d us have joked about his crish and none of them have idea its not totally one sided. Im happy with just staying friends but i cant help but wpnder about if id met him first or if i was single
louise82

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 11:25 am
@louise82,
Sorry for dreadful spelling, i cant use touch screens at all
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:00 pm
@louise82,
louise82 wrote:
...Im happy with just staying friends but i cant help but wpnder about if id met him first or if i was single

Don't speculate. That way lies madness.
0 Replies

Ragman
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:12 pm
@louise82,
IMHO, he needs to focus on making his marriage work. You need to focus on making your engagement work. Any other fantasizing, if acted upon, would damage a lot of innocent people.
0 Replies