I want to be different..

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 06:58 pm
@ChattyFibre,
I think your parents would like to know that you trust them enough to tell them when things aren't going well.

It will be hard to start talking to them about it ... but really, helping their children is something most parents really love to do. They love their children and want to help.

You can definitely keep talking to us here ... but think about talking to your parents cuz they love you.
ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 06:58 pm
@Germlat,
But i dont want it becomin a bigger thing than it already is.. Sad
Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 06:59 pm
@ChattyFibre,
ChattyFibre wrote:

But i dont want it becomin a bigger thing than it already is.. Sad

Sometimes it's better to let it out...
ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:00 pm
@Germlat,
But then it will probably go around school every1 teasin, saying im depressed wanting 2 die, etc.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Good advice.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:02 pm
@ChattyFibre,
ChattyFibre wrote:

But then it will probably go around school every1 teasin, saying im depressed wanting 2 die, etc.

Nobody here will do that...at least none of the posters on this particular thread. We are just trying to help.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:04 pm
@ChattyFibre,
Is there anyone you trust in your life?

aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents/coaches/religious leaders ...

for me ( a thousand years ago), my two special adults were librarians
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Come to think of it, I didn't have anyone to consult with either, and I left home when I was 17 yo.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:10 pm
@ChattyFibre,
Counsellors should not be telling anyone else (that you do not agree to) why you are seeing them.

You may not need to meet a counsellor on school property or during school time.

Also, a good counsellor can help you figure out what you do want to say to anyone who might find out you are seeing them.

It's definitely not easy starting a conversation about needing help, but you've taken a step by at least telling strangers you can't see. Smile
Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Come to think of it, I didn't have anyone to consult with either, and I left home when I was 17 yo.

Me too. But--I'll never forget a great guy named Mr. Hedges. I was going through a rough time and he'd take me to lunch and we'd talk about..,well mostly me....he was awesome.
ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:13 pm
@Germlat,
no, if i told a counsillor people will find out and school will b like hell.. (its a christina school) but christians judge alot... unforunately Sad
ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Unfortuanetly no i dont hav any1.. Sad
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:15 pm
@ChattyFibre,
ChattyFibre wrote:

no, if i told a counsillor people will find out and school will b like hell.. (its a christina school) but christians judge alot... unforunately Sad

People judge..I know..what do you want to get off your chest?
0 Replies

ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, i havent told the counsillors. And im not really comfortable with doin that, mainly because i hav had friends who talked bout thier parents divorces 2 the counsillors, and they just told the parents, then the teachers forund out from the councillor, then somehow the students found out, and now every1 knows..
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:17 pm
@ChattyFibre,
If you talk to your parents, you may be able to see a counsellor who is not attached to the school.

I know this sounds easy but for right now try not to worry about school. Your parents and a potential counsellor really could help you with how to explain things. There is no need for people at school to know the reason/s you are seeing a counsellor.

Are you part of any sport teams at school? do you play in a band? sing in a choir?
ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:18 pm
@Germlat,
Wow, thats cool, id love 2 hav some1 like that
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:19 pm
@ChattyFibre,
Were those friends seeing counsellors attached to the school?

It's definitely not a good thing that the teachers and other students found out the details.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:20 pm
@ChattyFibre,
You said that you're going to a Christian school - do you trust your minister/pastor? do they have a youth ministry?
Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:22 pm
@ChattyFibre,
ChattyFibre wrote:

Wow, thats cool, id love 2 hav some1 like that

Yes..You'd be surprised as to how many adults can be actually cool and helpful...they can just let you vent., not criticize you or repeat to others what you tell them. Do you know any adults you trust?
ChattyFibre

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Pastor, is related 2 me.. then youth leader, sort of awkward, altho i hav wondered... but then, where do i start? "hi, im depressed.." ..awkward...