Should I make a move? he is not interested in me.. :'(?

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 02:27 am
I just turned 23 and he is 21.
According to friends, he is shy and doesn't have much experience.

I've known him since last September because we are in the same courses but barely talked.
We got a bit closer after we happened to sit next to each other at a connect conference even for school and I made a paper crane and gave it to him. After presentation was over, he asked me if I want to tour around the events together. We talked a lot as we were walking for hours. I asked his number.

He texted me that night with a picture of the paper crane "you still need to show me how to make those:)" and chatted for a bit.

Another day, he texted me with a pic of a paper crane he tried to make "I know it looks bad. At least I tried!!" It was just too cute...

Yesterday, he asked me if I wanted to join him and his female roommate/my friend to go to a pub. She had to leave the pub earlier so I decided to go to friend's house in downtown. He came with me. But when we got there, everyone had already left. When we were walking toward to a bus stop, he said he wants to go see a parliament building with light up since he's never seen if I don't mind. It was in downtown anyways. We chatted in front of it for like an hour and left. It was 1am. I walked him to the bus stop... he didn't walk me home. (I live downtown)

so it's obviously that he has not interests in me.
I like him. But I feel really old and I'm shy. I don't know if I should make a move and if so, how.. :'(
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 579 • Replies: 11

View best answer, chosen by sarah3993
roger
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 02:30 am
@sarah3993,
He sure is spending a lot of time with you for someone who isn't interested in you.
farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:35 am
@roger,
Albakoikee is nice. Maybe you should move there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 11:53 am
@sarah3993,
1. he is interested in at least being a friend

2. do not discuss him or your interest in him with friends

3. it seems that all of the contact has been initiated by him. It's about time for you to ask him to join you for a tea/coffee/drink.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 12:00 pm
@sarah3993,
Some men are shy. I'm one of them. I almost never hit on a girl in my entire life. I got lucky once in a while when they made a move. All this to say that the idea the man should make the first move is completely outdated, IMO.

He is OBVIOUSLY interested in you. Teach him how to do these paper cranes... Make it slow and as tactile as you can: correct his moves by touching his hands for instance... If at some point you two hold hands for a few seconds or more, the job is nearly done.
CoastalRat

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 12:35 pm
I second Olivier5's post. I often joked with my kids that had my wife not called me the day after we met to invite me over to go swimming, we would never have gotten married and they would not exist. (I too was rather shy in my youth.)
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 08:02 pm
@sarah3993,
Old at 23?? Nah--I think approaching him isn't a mistake...take chances...why not?
sarah3993

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:18 am
@roger,
Thank you!
0 Replies

sarah3993

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:19 am
@Germlat,
Thank you! I will post about what happned today..
0 Replies

sarah3993

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:20 am
@Olivier5,
Hi thanks for your reply. I will need advice again...
BillRM

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 04:37 am
@sarah3993,
Quote:
Hi thanks for your reply. I will need advice again...

Advice on the naming of you two first born perhaps<grin>.

Good luck in any case.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 07:09 am
@sarah3993,
Anytime Smile

You go girl.
0 Replies