What do We Think Of Loretta Lynch?

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:21 pm
Obama wants her as AG.

I say it is only two years, and while she could be worse than Holder it is not likely, so fine. But I do wonder if Obama only choosing blacks for this post is caused by his racism. Still not enough to care about this nomination though.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,381 • Replies: 20

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Did George W. Bush's choosing John Ashcroft, Paul Clement, Peter Keisler and Michael Mukasey give you similar concerns about racism?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 08:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Did George W. Bush's choosing John Ashcroft, Paul Clement, Peter Keisler and Michael Mukasey give you similar concerns about racism?

No, most people are white.
Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 03:13 am
What's this 'we' sh*t, do you have a mouse in your pocket?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 03:16 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

What's this 'we' sh*t, do you have a mouse in your pocket?

We= a2k'ers. What are u doing up at this hour? Go to bed! You are failing to track simple language, your brain is fried.
Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 06:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Simple minded language perhaps--i posted that after a night's sleep. You're an idiot if you think that all the members of Able2Know share a single opinion on any subject.

Silly me . . . i already knew you are an idiot.
revelette2

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 08:16 am
Apparently, she has already been confirmed in the senate twice, 2000 and 2010. She is not close to Obama, it shouldn't be a problem. Mitch McConnell said they should wait until January.

Loretta Lynch, Federal Prosecutor, Will Be Nominated for Attorney General
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 08:18 am
@Setanta,
Maybe he meant the royal we. He should have said, "you" as he already knew what he thought as obvious by his first post.
farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 08:38 am
@revelette2,
I only liked the songs she did with Conway Twitty.
revelette2

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 09:28 am
@farmerman,
Smile Bet she gets some comments like that all the time.

My father-in-law was crazy about her.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 11:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Butrflynet wrote:

Hawkeye answered:

No, most people are white.

But not all people are white...

Using your standard, most people in this country are also female, And, in the history of our country, we've had only had one female Attorney General. So I am particularly glad that Obama has nominated a very well qualified candidate who is also a woman.

She seems to be an excellent choice. I hope she will be confirmed quickly.

roger

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 11:57 pm
@firefly,
I used to wonder how Small Business Administration managed to deem the largest majority in the country to be eligible for minority owned business status.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 12:28 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I used to wonder how Small Business Administration managed to deem the largest majority in the country to be eligible for minority owned business status.

Females? That is easy. According to the elite women are always victims, reality is irrelevant.
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 12:51 am
@hawkeye10,
You didn't answer Roger's question.

You don't know the difference between the words "minority" and "victim", or the difference in their meanings?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 12:58 am
@firefly,
Quote:
nd, in the history of our country, we've had only had one female Attorney Genera

What a buzz kill you are! The first one did not work out so well, we hope this woman will do a better job. I am not particularly optimistic but I see no reason to object to giving her a run around the track before making up my mind.
firefly

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:18 am
@hawkeye10,
The first female AG, Janet Reno, was also the longest serving person in that position since 1829, and, while she was controversial, at least she didn't wind up getting disbarred and going to jail for conspiracy, obstruction of justice, and perjury, like one of her male predecessors who held the position.

Why aren't you optimistic about Loretta Lynch?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:29 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Why aren't you optimistic about Loretta Lynch?
Reports are that she is tight with Holder, who is an idealistic hack. And you know what I think of Cyrus Vance, which makes me doubt any AG that comes out of NY. Still, I am willing to withhold judgement and give her a chance. She has been very low keyed, which is hard to do in NY, maybe she is the exception to the rule that NY prosecutors have been ruined by politics.
revelette2

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 07:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Reports are that she is tight with Holder

What reports?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 09:20 am
Speaking as a conservative, my reading of her history doesn't show a pattern of left-wing behavior, but does show the kind of work experience I would want in an attorney general. Of course, when she's in office, I could find out that I was wrong.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:51 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Quote:
Reports are that she is tight with Holder

What reports?

Quote:
Holder is pushing Lynch to succeed him, a source told the Daily News last week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/brooklyn-u-s-attorney-loretta-lynch-ag-nod-article-1.1995814

Quote:
Lynch commanded one of the most important U.S attorney’s offices while also serving as the chair of Attorney General Eric Holder’s Advisory Committee, which advised Holder on policy matters.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120214/attorney-general-loretta-lynch-republicans-question-obamas-pick

and she is a sorority sister of Holder's wife, which has been widely reported.
0 Replies