What if we ARE utterly alone in the galaxy?

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah, there was meaning there, you just don't want to admit it. You have contributed nothing to the discussion of the hypothesis, you've just shown up to belittle a man whose intelligence isfgar beyond yours.

Your attempt to bury the hatchet was to imply with a remark repeated in italics, that i had no basis for the remarks i had made. That's typical of your overbearing arrogance, and it got the response it deserved.

By all mean, don't respond to me. It will be no loss to me. I'll continue to enjoy life as i do every day.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Cox has a fine mind, and one of the worst TV personas I've ever seen.

He's extremely well liked over here at least. If he had an awful persona he would not be so popular. He's almost got national treasure status.
Setanta

It's a shame how arrogant, overbearing idiots have trashed this thread almost from the beginning.
0 Replies

izzythepush

@Setanta,
Maybe he really has been done over by demons.
Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:07 pm
@izzythepush,
I agree that he's an excellent presenter. An English friend of mine recommended on of his programs, and i enjoyed it enough to go looking for other videos with Cox as the presenter. He's first rate.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Has someone alleged that? I hadn't heard.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:02 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
While I was acting in occultismn , cards , reading horoskope, vodoo ( look up for translation please ), I got through the same.

I was scamming my family to and more and more I was surrounded by weird thinks and demons.

I tryed to figured out what was haunted me for many years.

I can't do a answer twice.

If you want you read my thread about Myth as catholics, Christmas etc.you might understand a bit.

In case you can't read my bad English I send it in German and you do translation.

Very important , to take drugs ,cheat, scam and whatever leads to going worse .

I given up smoking , because it stops at any this minute I given up alllll bad things and then I have had regret.
To live like a nun without occultism is the only one to get rid of demons.

Do what you want, believe or not , that's not my business and my informations are for free .

http://able2know.org/topic/258149-2#post-5806594
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 07:54 pm
@Tekla,
Tekla wrote:
...It is easier to believe ,that Adam had reproduced children with his daughters , born after Kain & Abel ...

Well since you have mentioned evidence so much, give me evidence that the story of Cain and Abel (or anything else in the Bible) is true.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 03:44 am
@izzythepush,
Oh yeah . . . i remember that thread now. I recall wanting to forget it almost as soon as i had read it.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 04:09 am
@Setanta,
Having read the post, as opposed to the first line, I see he did mention he was German.

Having posted I'm stuck with it, not just my egregious error, but the thread itself.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:48 am
I've just broken a longstanding rule of mine and put a couple of people on ignore. It's clear to me that try as I might I am unable to resist engaging in trading insults with these two, and it's not a behavior of which I'm proud. I don't want to run anymore threads off their rails with this behavior, and since eventually the trading of insults will occur again I've chosen to use ignore to prevent it. I apologize to the forum for engaging in this silly nonsense in the past.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 11:54 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I hope I am one of them. You are a constant pain in the ass. I have you on ignore and only peek in on certain threads. Hopefully now I can stop peeking even there.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 04:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nope. You don't seem to be able to incite me ed. And you don't seem to be able to stop peeking.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 10:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
There are several toy level (and a number of research level) programs that parallel the development on this planet and use it as inputs to see what could happen if certain conditions change through history.

All of these runs require some rather simple changes in the earths (or any planets) initial environments to promote the development of a loooong period of single to multicell life. Whats kind of neat is that The occurrence of a Cambrian Explosion is almost a chemical "given" as free Carbonate and a buffered saline environment occur.

These chemical conditions are apparently driven to occur as long as the planet has a molten and multi-layer mantle (so that continents can drift about and erode salts) and the planet contains free water. It concludes that a Cambrian Explosion style of a blooming life is sorta inevitable (based upon the inputs on the models).

AFTER a Cambrian Explosion however, its a Chinese fire drill. In most all cases, life adapted to an environment and there was no innate driving of life to become "clever". So, using biological expansions, the chances of developing a big brained pinnacle species who controls his environment is about 99% staked against.

Interesting. An endless series of worlds where Anomalocaris is the most advanced form of life that will evolve.

I've heard it suggested that our moon might be a factor in the rarity of advanced life. Most planets only have moons that are much smaller relative to the size of the planet, and thus do not have significant tides. If earth-like tides are necessary for any step towards advanced life, that step would only occur on planets that happen to have a comparatively-large moon.

farmerman wrote:
I think we will ultimately extend our influence to a couple of lightyears out there. So all these things will be be made obvious to us. I just wish I could live longer and see it happen.

I think we'll populate the entire galaxy.

I doubt the speed of light can be broken, but approaching the speed of light will cause time dilation and make the journey bearable for colonists (who will definitely be going on a one-way trip).

farmerman wrote:

outcomes.

Did you accidentally delete most of a paragraph?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 10:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
IF we R alone in the galaxy,
then we can claim so much of it as we want, as our own real estate,
with no alien dispute.

True. But assuming the speed of light can never be broken, a degree of separation will be imposed between human populations in different star systems.

Over millions of years, such populations will then evolve into differing species, although likely all will remember their origins on earth.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:37 am
@oralloy,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
IF we R alone in the galaxy,
then we can claim so much of it as we want, as our own real estate,
with no alien dispute.
oralloy wrote:
True. But assuming the speed of light can never be broken,
a degree of separation will be imposed between human populations in different star systems.

Over millions of years, such populations will then evolve into differing species,
although likely all will remember their origins on earth.
Well, once we 've claimed that alien real estate, and gotten deeds for it,
I wonder if we can just rent it out over those millions of years,
hopefully being paid in gold. Do u think that we can get paid in gold for that ?

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 04:11 am
Gold's value is based on its relative rarity. Getting a lot of gold would destroy that value. The same thing happened when the Spanish began bringing back literally tons and tons of silver from their overseas colonies in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. It lead to an inflationary spiral that profoundly altered the economies of Europe, and made that silver less and less valuable to Spain. Apparently, they're not the only ones who don't undersand the principle.

Interstellar distances mean we're "safe" from other technological species. Those distances also mean that colonizing other planets will be pretty much a one-way ticket.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 03:56 am
@Setanta,
True. I was kidding around a little.
I tend to agree with most of your posted observations.

David
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 11:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Gold's value is based on its relative rarity. Getting a lot of gold would destroy that value. The same thing happened when the Spanish began bringing back literally tons and tons of silver from their overseas colonies in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries. It lead to an inflationary spiral that profoundly altered the economies of Europe, and made that silver less and less valuable to Spain. Apparently, they're not the only ones who don't undersand the principle.

Interstellar distances mean we're "safe" from other technological species. Those distances also mean that colonizing other planets will be pretty much a one-way ticket.

EXACTLY how bankers nowadays create inflation!!!

all by carefully planned design!!!!

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 11:15 am
@Setanta,
Quote:

Of course you are implying here that they have the same technology as we have!
They probably haven't.
0 Replies