Am I Being Too Harsh?

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:08 pm
I have had bad relationships in the past and over the years i have allowed myself to be used as a doormat. I have blocked all of my ex boyfriends from facebook. I have even ignored they're emails. I delete them. It has gotten to that point in my life where i refuse to connect to the male gender. Considering the fact that i always attract the wrong ones. I don't deny the fact that there are nice guys out there. I do believe that there is a guy out there for me. But right now at this point in my life. I have cut men from my life. I don't need the hassale of dealing with another person. I am tired of giving in, I am tired of the games. I know that I deserve so much better than this. I hope I don't sound too harsh? I just want my space, some me time.

roger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:14 pm
@christiemarie86,
It's your life, and nobody else's.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:19 pm
@christiemarie86,
why the repeat post?

http://able2know.org/topic/257500-1#post-5792825
christiemarie86

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:30 pm
@Ragman,
This is a completely different question. I am simply asking if i sound harsh by not talking to these men?
Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:35 pm
@christiemarie86,
If they've walked all over you, why is there a question in your mind?

On the other hand, cutting all men out completely out of your life is a whole other issue. Do you really want to do that? Or do you just need to set and make your boundaries clearer and stick to it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:39 pm
@christiemarie86,
Yeah, I don't think it's a repeat post either. The 1st one (scanning it quickly) was you talking about things that have happened. In this one you're talking about what you're doing about it.

Everyone needs a break sometimes christie, you don't HAVE to have a boyfriend all the time. You don't even have to associate with men for a period of time if you don't want to.

You're not anti-man, you acknowledged there're nice ones out there.

It's just not the time for you to be involved with one. Figure out and play with who you are for a time. Then, when you're ready in the future to be open to someone, you'll have a much stronger self knowledge base to fall back on.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:46 pm
@christiemarie86,
BTW, welcome to A2K. Hope things turn out the best for you.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 08:50 pm
@christiemarie86,
If you always attract the same type of men who are treating you badly,
you have to analyze and assess your pattern of behavior as to why.
I think you should seek the help of a professional who can point out
these patterns to you and teach you how to avoid them in future.

Good luck!
0 Replies

christiemarie86

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:32 pm
Thanks everyone for expressing you're thoughts on the matter. Yes, i do agree that a counselor would be most helpful for me. I do need to stay alert in certain situations. Thanks much everyone! Deeply appreciated!
maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 09:47 pm
@christiemarie86,
You seem to be talking with men here (or should I not say anything).
chai2

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:13 pm
@maxdancona,
She's also talked to 2 women on this thread, as well as 2 men. Rolling Eyes
christiemarie86

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:28 pm
@maxdancona,
I am talking to anyone male or female. It doesn't matter.
0 Replies

christiemarie86

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 10:31 pm
@chai2,
:-)
0 Replies