Liar Liar Pants On Fire

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:27 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:42 pm
Quote:
Good God! You don't think we might really be....Liberals..do you?

no way
neo-cons are content with faith while liberals rely on hope. equally foolish I supose but a significant difference in vision.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:44 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Shocked
Cool
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:53 pm
Holy Jesus. A real admitted neocon practically right where I am. Confused Somebody that actually buys into Bluemeanycheney's fantastic plot to turn the entire world into a Walmart parking lot. What else can I say, but: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:03 pm
Sorry, but Cheney isn't a Neo-con
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:09 pm
The story will be that, around his office, Cheney was out of the loop in the same way that Richard Clarke was out of the loop. Dick, Cheney not Clarke, was also out of the loop when it came time to move Gen. Miller into the prisoner interrogations program in Iraq and completely out of the loop during those energy policy meetings with the heads of Enron. He also wasn't in the loop while duck hunting with Scalia.

He was like way down here where he can't even hear what's going on.

Okay. Let's drop it and be patriotic Americans again.

Joe
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:29 pm
Joe
Didn't Finn and Mysteryman just get through telling you that only the paperboy sees these things? Don't go making things up, please.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:37 pm
Okay.

Sorry.

I pledge allegations to the bag and to the republicans, none of whom I can stand, their nation, our nuggies, under their God, invisible, no libertines down at Justice or at the haul.

O be yoo tee full for spacious skies, for amber waves.... (bang)

(thud)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:39 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Joe
Didn't Finn and Mysteryman just get through telling you that only the paperboy sees these things? Don't go making things up, please.

I said nothing of the kind.What I said is that just like every other office on the planet,people are hired to do a job.Part of that job nvolves making decisions.So,it it quite possible that Cheney didnt see the info,because someone else did their job and took care of that info.

Dont put words in my mouth.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:43 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Okay.

Sorry.

I pledge allegations to the bag and to the republicans, none of whom I can stand, their nation, our nuggies, under their God, invisible, no libertines down at Justice or at the haul.

O be yoo tee full for spacious skies, for amber waves.... (bang)

(thud)

Thank you, Joe! Now I can fall asleep with a grin on my face. Just hope I don't keep R up all night with my giggling. He hates it when I do that. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:54 pm
Let's see, which is more unbelievable:

There's a multi-billion dollar no-bid contract about to be signed with the company the Vice President used to head and no one mentioned it to him.

There was a multi-billion dollar contract signed and no one was fired for keeping the Vice-president in the dark until after the press got wind of it.

There was a multi-billion dollar contract signed with the company the Vice-President used to lead because there was no other company in this vast nation of ours with the skills, equipment and manpower to do the job, (even though Sixty Minutes reported on two of them.)

Beats the hell out of me. Let me tune in Fox News to find out how I should think about this.

Joe
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 01:05 am
E-mail links Cheney's office, contract
Good ole "plausible deniability" comes in handy again doesn't it? ---BBB

HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Politics
May 31, 2004, 1:16AM

E-mail links Cheney's office, contract
Spokesman says VP had no role in Halliburton deal
Reuters News Service

WASHINGTON -- A Pentagon e-mail said Vice President Cheney's office "coordinated" a multibillion-dollar Iraq reconstruction contract awarded to his former employer Halliburton, Time magazine reported Sunday.

The e-mail, sent by an Army Corps of Engineers official March 5, 2003, said Douglas Feith, a senior Pentagon official, provided arrangements for the RIO contract, or Restore Iraqi Oil, between Halliburton and the U.S. government, Time said.

The e-mail said Feith, who reports to Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, approved arrangements for the contract "contingent on informing WH (White House) tomorrow. We anticipate no issues since action has been coordinated (with) VP's (vice president's) office."

A spokesman for Cheney said his office had no role in the contract process.

"Vice President Cheney and his office have had no involvement whatsoever in government contracting matters since he left private business to run for vice president," said Kevin Kellems, a spokesman for Cheney.

An administration official familiar with the e-mail, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the memo merely mentions the fact that the White House had been given a standard courtesy call notifying that a contract decision had already been made.

Cheney was Halliburton's CEO from 1995 until he joined President Bush's presidential ticket in 2000.

The Houston-based oil services firm has been accused by some Democrats of war profiteering after winning billions of dollars in contracts from the U.S. military in Iraq.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:09 am
Cheney and neocons work hand in hand. Either he's one of them or else he's just an opportunist using whatever means are at hand to enrich himself and his cronies.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:13 am
Where the heck in Timber? He'd know the answer to these Q's....

Quote:
The e-mail, sent by an Army Corps of Engineers official March 5, 2003, said Douglas Feith, a senior Pentagon official, provided arrangements for the RIO contract, or Restore Iraqi Oil, between Halliburton and the U.S. government, Time said.
The e-mail said Feith, who reports to Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, approved arrangements for the contract "contingent on informing WH (White House) tomorrow. We anticipate no issues since action has been coordinated (with) VP's (vice president's) office."

I'm assuming that this was a Corps of Engineers contract, so can you tell me if it is SOP to have the assistant to the Deputy Defense secretary provide the arrangements? If so, can anyone provide information on any other contracts that Mr. Feith has co-ordinated for the Corps or was this the only one?

I am under the impression, based on scant experience, that the Corps operates fairly independently within the DoD and doesn't usually require the assistance of the assistant. Yes? No?

Joe
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:32 am
Quote:
Next thing you know, you'll be invoking the spirit of Barry Goldwater and telling us how disappointed he would be in us.

Barry was disappointed in everyone. Even God, Barry figured, didn't have a jaw quite as firm and resolute as his own.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:44 am
Oddly, I voted for Goldwater in '64.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:02 am
It was the jaw.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:31 am
I was under the influence of the Navy, Ayn Rand and already despised Johnson.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:35 am
Gawd! You poor bastard.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:48 am
The next year, I reverted to my natural self and dropped out of a jr college in Long Beach to demonstrate for civil rights and against the war.
0 Replies