http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040607-644111,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,153 • Replies: 56
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 03:50 pm
I am not going to say your wrong,but after reading the link I dont see where it says Cheney himself was told.It says his office was told.There is a difference.
Many times office staff,in any office,will be told something and they will decide to either handle it themselves,or do nothing with the info,without telling the boss.
That happens quite often,in every office in the world.
So,it is possible(but not likely)that Cheney was never told about this info and did not have anything to do with it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:15 pm
Oh, no. Not Cheney? My faith in my fellow man is smashed.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:38 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Oh, no. Not Cheney? My faith in my fellow man is smashed.

I'm sensing your sarcasm.... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:45 pm
Cheney is one of the most dangerous men alive, for my money.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 05:46 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Cheney is one of the most dangerous men alive, for my money.

I'm sensing your sincerity..... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 06:12 pm
He gives me the creeps the same way a Hannible Lector would.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 06:51 pm
at least hannibal the cannibal has a sense of humour....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:02 pm
Hard to start an argument with those you agree with.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:09 pm
hannibal lector had taste.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:15 pm
So did his victims.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:29 pm
The "Office" of the Vice president is fairly large, and it is possible that actions can be coordinated by one or more of its members without Cheney being aware. However it's reprehensible that Cheney would not have clearly instructed his entire office to steadfastly avoid even the appearence of a conflict.

Arrogant and unwise, if not unethical or illegal. It should be investigated.

Having said this, considering that Cheney is one of the most dangerous men alive is pretty ridiculous.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:41 pm
To a right winger I suppose that's so. Everything is colored by ideology, it seems.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:55 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
To a right winger I suppose that's so. Everything is colored by ideology, it seems.[/quote

For you to assume that every conservative that disagrees with you is a right-winger is actually rather silly.Just because you are a liberal doesnt mean you are part of the left wing"idiot fringe",does it.
But,I notice you dont deny that its possible that Cheney was never told.
Why not? Can you at least accept the possibility that someone in his office handled it without tlling Cheney?
Or,are you to partisan to even admit that much?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:10 pm
While I can't claim an insider's knowledge, I can make assumptions about the man based on every phase of his creer, particularly as VP. I can't give him the benefit of a doubt here. It just isn't in the cards.
Finn is right wing enough for me, since we haggle over every detail of any political thread we are on. If he were not right wing we would occasionally find more common ground. Even if he comes on and denies it, I will continue to insist on it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:21 pm
mysteryman wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
To a right winger I suppose that's so. Everything is colored by ideology, it seems.[/quote

For you to assume that every conservative that disagrees with you is a right-winger is actually rather silly.Just because you are a liberal doesnt mean you are part of the left wing"idiot fringe",does it.
But,I notice you dont deny that its possible that Cheney was never told.
Why not? Can you at least accept the possibility that someone in his office handled it without tlling Cheney?
[b]Or,are you too partisan to even admit that much?[/b]

You ask this of someone who thinks Dick Cheney is one of the most dangerous men alive today? Of someone who cautions us all to never (not ever) vote Republican?

edgar doesn't really distinquish between conservatives and right wingers, but if he did, who would really care which sobriquet he used for them? You need to stop trying to force these folks into viewing things as you do mysteryman. It's just going to frustrate you. Accept it that as difficult as it may be to believe, they actually mean what they say.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:24 pm
Hey, when you go along with Bush, who knows no budget restraints, for instance, you can't be too much of a conservative. My whole life I've been preached to by conservatives that balanced budgets are essential to good government. Now we got Bush who must light his cigarettes with billion dollar checks.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:01 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Hey, when you go along with Bush, who knows no budget restraints, for instance, you can't be too much of a conservative. My whole life I've been preached to by conservatives that balanced budgets are essential to good government. Now we got Bush who must light his cigarettes with billion dollar checks.

It's a hoot when liberals question the credentials of conservatives. It seems to be a fairly prevelant tactic these days.

Next thing you know, you'll be invoking the spirit of Barry Goldwater and telling us how disappointed he would be in us.

Good God! You don't think we might really be....Liberals..do you?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:18 pm
Neocons or right wingers, perhaps.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:26 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Neocons or right wingers, perhaps.

Well, I'm happy with Neo-con.
0 Replies