Mixed signals?

Germlat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:45 pm
@PurplePanther,
If you care...Give it your all...if it doesn't work....you'll agree
At least you won't be sorry you tried ...Best wishes.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:45 pm
@PurplePanther,
Is it a country where girls aren't allowed to date without a chaperone or a ring? Can you tell us the country?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:46 pm
@PurplePanther,
Isn't there some kind of organization/club for ex-pats where you are?
0 Replies

PurplePanther

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:46 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm not sure her answer resolves things to unequivocally. What does that 'at least now' mean? Could it mean she'd be willing to date me later? About dating local girls, see the answer just above this. Of course, I'll keep my eyes open. It's just not that easy.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:47 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat - he just tried and she said no to dating (if dating means romantic interest).
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:49 pm
@PurplePanther,
No, I am afraid she just let you down easy with "at least now".
She's not willing to date you, she just wants you as a friend.

Listen, meetup.com exists around the world. You can go there and join
groups that interest you and perhaps you'll find someone special there.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:49 pm
@PurplePanther,
PurplePanther wrote:

I'm not sure her answer resolves things to unequivocally. What does that 'at least now' mean? Could it mean she'd be willing to date me later? About dating local girls, see the answer just above this. Of course, I'll keep my eyes open. It's just not that easy.

Might mean,she at least knows where your stand..meaning...she may have been unsure for long.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:50 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Germlat - he just tried and she said no to dating (if dating means romantic interest).

I said that before out of frustration...but it could be she's not interested. Ball is in her court...he should let her make the next move.
0 Replies

PurplePanther

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
The country I'm in is the USA. Smile Thanks for the pointer to meetup.com.

@ehBeth: There are certainly many people from my country in my immediate vicinity, but, for a variety of social reasons, most are men. Around 20% are women, and of those I am acquainted to, I haven't been in a position to ask any out on a date.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:55 pm
@PurplePanther,
Do you have to date within your culture?
PurplePanther

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Not at all.
Germlat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:57 pm
@PurplePanther,
PurplePanther wrote:

The country I'm in is the USA. Smile

@ehBeth: There are certainly many people from my country in my immediate vicinity, but, for a variety of social reasons, most are men. Around 20% are women, and of those I am acquainted to, I haven't been in a position to ask any out on a date.

Country boys are the bomb! Surely, unless you're in Alaska you're not the minority as a gender..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:58 pm
@PurplePanther,
Ah, you're in the USA, perfect! It's not so hard to meet people here, not at all.

As I said, look for meetup.com in your city and join them!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:00 pm
@PurplePanther,
Then CJ's recommendation to attend some meetup events is really good.

Give it a try!
Germlat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Ah, you're in the USA, perfect! It's not so hard to meet people here, not at all.

As I said, look for meetup.com in your city and join them!
he sounds like a lovely guy...
0 Replies

PurplePanther

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:07 pm
@ehBeth,
I know the recommendation is a wise one. I actually attend quite a few events and meet plenty of people already. In my day-to-day professional life too, I meet plenty of new people. I'm already a member of one of the groups I found at meetup.com (didn't even know earlier that they were on meetup.com). In spite of all this, nothing has really worked out so far. But yeah, there could be a multitude of reasons for that, and it would be difficult for you to guess without knowing me.

Thanks a lot, @ehBeth, @CalamityJane, @Germlat, for the extended conversation. Smile Having just been refused a date, it's very comforting to have people to talk to. Smile
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:20 pm
@PurplePanther,
You'll get there, don't worry!
Once upon a time, I came to the U.S. from another country too.
It takes an effort to get to know people, but it will make you stronger in the
long run.

Good luck!
Germlat

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:29 pm
@PurplePanther,
I agree with the rest...I'm picky...I seldom throw out compliments...but you sound lovely. Hang in there and don't settle for less than you deserve.
PurplePanther

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:32 pm
@Germlat,
Haha! Thanks a lot! Smile
0 Replies

PurplePanther

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 08:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks! Smile