Shots Fired - Canadian Parliament In Lock Down

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
If it isn't Merry the liar, surfacing for some fresh air. How's the Hawaiian Genocide going? What's your role in it?

It's not at all surprising that the intrepid reporter can't put 2 and 2 together.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm
@Linkat,
Maybe you could send up all the Boston Strong T shirts that were destined for the landfill.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Going to the House of Commons is like going to the airport, the security is pretty much the same. I don't feel that compromises democracy at all. Very few people go to parliament anyway. It was the first time I'd been inside, and I was lucky enough to be shown around by an MP, and a rather irreverent one at that, so I didn't have to worry about tour guides.

If you want to see your MP they hold surgeries at least once a month in their constituencies. That's when most people go to see them.
JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:

Re: JTT (Post 5796031)

Do try to post something relevant once in a while, JTT.

US State Dept. 1948???
We're discussing Canada 2014.

Merry Andrew, journalist extraordinaire!

How is the the Hawaiian Genocide going, Squatter Merry?

-----------------------

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2844.htm

Many of the world's most repressive dictators have been friends of America.

Tyrants, torturers, killers, and sundry dictators and corrupt puppet-presidents have been aided, supported, and rewarded handsomely for their loyalty to US interests. Traditional dictators seize control through force, while constitutional dictators hold office through voting fraud or severely restricted elections, and are frequently puppets and apologists for the military juntas which control the ballot boxes. In any case, none have been democratically elected by the majority of their people in fair and open elections.

They are democratic America's undemocratic allies. They may rise to power through bloody ClA-backed coups and rule by terror and torture. Their troops may receive training or advice from the CIA and other US agencies. US military aid and weapons sales often strengthen their armies and guarantee their hold on power. Unwavering "anti-communism" and a willingness to provide unhampered access for American business interests to exploit their countries' natural resources and cheap labor are the excuses for their repression, and the primary reason the US government supports them. They may be linked internationalIy to extreme right-wing groups such as the World Anti-Communist League, and some have had strong Nazi affiliations and have offered sanctuary to WWll Nazi war criminals.

They usually grow rich, while their countries' economies deteriorate and the majority of their people live in poverty. US tax dollars and US-backed loans have made billionaires of some, while others are international drug dealers who also collect CIA paychecks. Rarely are they called to account for their crimes. And rarely still, is the US government held responsible for supporting and protecting some of the worst human rights violators in the world.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If you want to see your MP they hold surgeries at least once a month in their constituencies.

Is that where you had your cojones removed, Iz?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
The parliament buildings here - both provincially and federally - are very much community property. People are in and out all the time. Meetings, levees etc. Even protests on the lawns tend to be rather casual affairs - with security really there to protect the protesters (other than during the much-hated G-20 meetings).

Changing that would be a shock to a lot of people.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, by and large you've been unaffected by what's happening the other side of your respective Oceans. We had to deal with the IRA long before radical Islam became a threat so it's a consequence.

We're wondering why you didn't ratchet up the security after you'd committed planes to fight IS.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:11 pm
@izzythepush,
There have been other shootings and bombings in public buildings over the past few decades. They're generally not reported elsewhere - and are dealt with fairly calmly here.

Even the event all Canadians know as Air India probably didn't get much coverage elsewhere.

Calm is sort of a standard Canadian response. Some might call it phlegmatic.

Things will have to change.

We don't have to like it.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:12 pm
@izzythepush,
You had the IRA.

We had Greeks and Sikhs.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
We had to deal with the IRA long before radical Islam became a threat so it's a consequence.

How very British of you. The Irish people had to deal with you vicious English marauders long before you had trouble caused by your own predacious behaviour with those that wanted the British pox out of their country.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:42 pm
@ehBeth,

"Calm is sort of a standard Canadian response. Some might call it phlegmatic."

And that's why I like Canada so much.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:15 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

You sound so surprised.

Stop being self-righteous and look around you. Your own people are the problem. They cower in fear and expect some super hero to come and wash away the evil.

Every root of evil was created when the root of good got stuck beneath the surface!

Good men continuously try to clean your **** up, but you and your people continue to listen to the angels that speak in the devil's tongue, while hating on anyone that makes you look at your life in a shameful way.

This entire issue, after issue, after issue, is the product of people's cowardice.The king would not have taken the people's land, if the people fought together as one, instead of pissing around the corner, while one of their people spoke up while they had their heads down!

Drug Cartels.

Sex Rings

Terrorist Attack

Abusive Parents

Are fueled by one thing. FEAR.

Kill the people's fear, and you'll see that there is a FUTURE, but until then, this is not a dream - this is a nightmare that is fueled by everyone's cowardice. If
youwant a dream, then start drawing the good out from the darkness, or suffer as the hypocrite that you are. I'm doing MY part. I am building an argument that risks me being assassinated. What are you doing behind that computer screen? Too busy playing the victim, when your do-nothing mindset is victimizing everyone else around you?

I don't know what you are trying to prove, but if I want any **** from you, I'll squeeze your head. When I think of you, I think of having to scrape something off my shoe, and those scrapings have morphed and created you. My apologies to doggy doo doo. You are a vile and confused idiot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
My parents spent time in Ottawa before I was born. 1938.
My father was then a high up film editor guy and had several interesting friends.
I was a toddler at Wright Field Army Air Force Base, later.
Commanding officer, I've a photo.

One of my father's colleagues, earlier, was John Farrow, if I remember, a lieutenant commander, the rarely mentioned father of Mia and wife of Maureen O'Sullivan. Why do I bring this up?

Farrow and my father met in a couple of places, Ottawa and Halifax.

And, my mother bought a serious coat.

I wore that coat a lot, years later, very warm. I am so sorry I gave it away.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
People do the fence often. This is not news.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:49 pm
@ossobuco,
whatabout Naomi?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:54 pm
@farmerman,
Give me a clue who you are talking about.
farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
that was MY very point.
farmerman

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:29 pm
@farmerman,
I was wondering whether your coat made you Sikh?
roger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:46 pm
@farmerman,
Not mine. It's all synthetic.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:15 pm
I don't know what kind of coat Osso is talking about, but back in the mid-eighties an elderly cousin passed away and my dad was the executor of the estate. We found a dreadful old fur coat that my Dad insisted I take, so I did, but it hung in the closet for a long time. At some point in time we acquired an English Springer Spaniel, and one freezing night about 3AM in Feb or March, it was my turn to take Max out for his 3am scamper. I threw on some fleece lined bedroom slippers, grabbed the unsightly fur and took the dog out. The fur was amazing, I toyed with the idea of getting a more stylish fur, but wimped out over the idea that poor furry creatures would be killed then sewn into a coat or jacket. But I have to admit that at 3 AM at 5 degrees, was toasty warm. It was still ugly as sin, but holy crap it was warm.