Should i try to get with her?¿

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:16 pm
I forgot the Secret Weapon.

Occom Bill gave some pointers, but the amplified version can be found in the movie The Tao of Steve.

Watch, and learn.
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 10:47 pm
yo occom, thanks for your advice, i think its pretty wise...unfortunetly i just called her and she out eating, when she answered the phone...she said "ya?" ouch, hurt me...so i just dont have any idea what to do now
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 11:33 pm
For starters, relax. You youngsters tend to think everything is so important. It's not. A wise man once said "you wouldn't worry so much what people think of you if you realized how seldom they did." In other words, everything in her life isn't about you. On the other hand, everything in your life should be. Be casual, meet other girls and enjoy your life. Try not to worry about when it's going to happen or how. You'll know when it does. Whatever you do, don't call her again until she calls you... and never, unless you have something to say. Even a hint of neediness will send her running in the other direction. Ask your mom for advise about how to treat women... then do the exact opposite (nothing mean). What women say they want in a man is seldom what they are really attracted to. (Yikes, I'm probably gonna get whacked for that one) Good Luck!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:06 am
Great advice for getting laid.

Not such great advice for starting a relationship.

IMO.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:38 am
sozobe wrote:

IMO.
I would almost agree... accept that he won't be starting anything if she doesn't find him attractive. Besides; he's 18 and asked "should I try to get with her?" :wink: I could be mistaken, but I suspect he'll take your post as an endorsement of mine.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:49 am
Could be. He's spoken a few times of being in love with her, though. And she's at least found him attractive enough to engage in a make-out session with him.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:51 am
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:02 am
sozobe wrote:

IMO.

I certainly did not understand the difference when I was 18.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:53 am
Sofia wrote:
I forgot the Secret Weapon.

Occom Bill gave some pointers, but the amplified version can be found in the movie The Tao of Steve.

Watch, and learn.

Yeah, great flick. I have nothing to add here really. Back in the days, girls who couldn't make up their minds just annoyed me, and I figured it wasn't really worth the effort.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:24 pm
Listen to Occom here...he's so right.
1) Don't ask women for advice on this stuff. They'll tell you to do all the things that will drive the girl away.
2) When Bill tells you to go do your own thing and date other girls(and tell her about it), it's for a couple reasons. For one, you shouldn't be focusing all your energy on one girl. It's a waste of time. You'll drive yourself crazy, and it's not worth it. Second, if you act more indifferent to her rather than "clingy," you'll be more likely to attract her. Women are NOT attracted to a guy who is needy, clingy, and won't give her any breathing room. Women are attracted to confidence, and someone they have to "get," rather than the other way around. Women and men are wired differently, and you have to use it to your advantage.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 03:55 pm
I can't believe I'm agreeing with...

...wait...

I don't disagree (ahem) with the concept of going ahead and looking around and dating other people who catch your eye. As a strategy to get this one girl, I think it's dumb. But as let the chips fall where they may/ general happiness advice, I agree.
0 Replies