Should i try to get with her?¿

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:04 pm
Well im only 18, but ive known this girl for about 3 years, went out with her a long time ago. I want to go back out with her because she broke up with her b/f a couple of months ago. She still sees him which bothers me. The other day we were making out etc. she goes out drinking a lot. I just need someone elses advice on if i should try and go back with her and how should i approach?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,512 • Replies: 30
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:08 pm
No. All else aside, you don't need someone who sounds like she has a drinking problem. Trying to reform someone just isn't worth the effort unless maybe, just maybe, you are already stuck with her.
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:11 pm
shes not an alcohalic, it just she likes going to her friends a lot to drink....the problem is i think im in love with her and now i dont know what i should do
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:14 pm
Put it out there.

Tell her how you feel, and that you want to be exclusive.

Can you handle her going out with the girls? (Will be hard, and require trust. You may be in for a let down--but life is full of them... Then again, it may work. You'll never know if you don't go for it.)
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:16 pm
haha, im too nervous to tell her i love her. if we were going out, i could trust her with her g/f's

i just dont know how she would react to my feelings.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:19 pm
Do you date (officially), or just meet up and make out?
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:21 pm
well we just started dating again, and i kissed her theother day for the first time since we broke up.

now i dont want her to go with anyone else
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:25 pm
Why can't you ask her to go steady? (I know you can't use that antiquated phrase, but you know...why can't you just tell her something like that?)
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:27 pm
i asked her if she wanted to go out....she said im thinking about it, then she goes out with her g/f's and gets drunk. So i dont know if shes leading me on, or what
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:31 pm
Ah. Yes. Perhaps a sign. This is new information.

When the two of you were doing all the kissing, was she drunk/drinking then?
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:34 pm
no she was sober, a little high, but we smoke all the time
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:34 pm
Can you just lay it on the line? You like her, but you don't want to be strung along, so can she please answer by ____? That kind of thing?
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:38 pm
ya, but isnt that a bit forward, cuz i WANT to be with her
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:43 pm
No. It's mature and manly and decisive, and it may make her hot.

Otherwise, whaddya gonna do? Just sit around wishing you had the nerve to grab the gusto?

Tell her! If she twiddles the second time, she is either 1) not interested or 2) playing hard to get.

Directions on handling 1 or 2 are always here for you.
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:47 pm
ya, but shes told me that shes not looking for a serious relationship at this time, which i am. and if i tell her to answer me by a certain time, dont u think she would get mad?
0 Replies

liquidtrip1200

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 08:57 pm
ya see.....you all are stuck like me...thanks for the help though, im just gonna tell her i want an answer by next week
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:01 pm
Don't do it!

If you're old enough to smoke pot--hopefully, you're too old to give her a deadline. That's a little middle school, to me.

(Please tell me you're not in middle school.)
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:03 pm
She won't like the deadline idea, the only thing that will do is give her reason, or more reason not to date you!!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:06 pm
Sorry. I see you're 18.

The wait would be interminable for you, and she would be telling people, and asking their opinion, likely.

Ask her out a couple of times--see if she goes or gives excuses. I think you'll be able to take it from there.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:13 pm
Stop the madness! Welcome to A2K liquid. A little word to the wise: Never, ever, get advice on girls from girls exclusively. They don't really know what they want.

You guys are partying together somewhat regularly now and you want more. Perhaps she's playing hard to get or perhaps she just isn't interested. The solution to both is the same. Beat her at that same game. Go out with your friends, have fun and tell her about it (including that girl that wouldn't leave you alone). Answer no questions about her straight. For instance: Q- "What did she look like?" A- "Wouldn't you like to know" with a sly grin and then abruptly change the subject. For the most part, just be cool, fun and confident and wait for her to come to you. Flirt when you feel like itÂ… but ignore it when she does sometimes (guaranteed to drive her crazy).

Oh and as much as it bothers you that she goes out with other people, for the time being, let that be your little secret, because it's really none of your business anyway, and worrying about it will make you look and act like a dweeb. Good luck!
0 Replies