HELP! Married woman with girlfriend

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 09:42 pm
I am a 40 year old woman married to a really good man. We have been married for 14 years now. We have 2 children age 11 and 10. I have been a loving wife for all of the years. Here's my problem...I am also Bi sexual. I frequent swing parties alone. Hubby knows but choses not to join me to the parties. I normally love Fem girly girls, but recently I met a Stud that stole my heart. I have never looked at studs like that but this one!!! We met at work 8 month ago and have been together every since. She tells me that she has fallen in love with me and I her. NOW.. When we met she also had a woman at home, but her and the woman slept in separate rooms. basically like roommates. She and I grew closer and closer. I never thought of being in a lesbian relationship but I have treated her like she is my husband. She has now moved away from this woman. She has an apartment that I have the key to. She moved away week and half ago. When she moved the lady basically told her get out. now I guess they have made up and now she says she wants to date the lady again. I feel some type of way about this. before I came along they wasn't even talking to each other. This woman used to treat her really bad. She only talked to her on pay day. Yes I know im still married but She and I are literally together all the time. She thinks im being unfair.....
Please help me figure this out!!! How do I handle this. I'm leaving out a lot I know but I was trying not to make it way to long.

View best answer, chosen by eyeswideshut
victorcarjan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 11:04 pm
@eyeswideshut,
I could see why she thinks you are being unfair. You have your husband and her. She only has you, and now that she has you and that lady, I'm guessing you got jealous?. She would say it's unfair, because this way, you both have 2 people now--right?

This is a really confusing scenario. You're married but your husband doesn't mind that you swing with other people. So I'm guessing he doesn't mind that you are in a relationship with another person either. Thus, your marriage commitment doesn't seem to be affected with him. Yet I'm confused--

What is it that you exactly want or are expecting from the girl? And, how do your kids fit into this whole equation?
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 04:33 am
@eyeswideshut,
I'm not sure what there is to 'handle'.

Let's call your girlfriend Jane and her girlfriend Sue (it just makes it easier).

Jane moved away from Sue and gave you the key to the new place. Apparently Sue and Jane have now reconciled. In the meantime, you are in a semi-open marriage where your husband apparently doesn't mind whatever is going on with you and Jane (or Sue or anyone else, for that matter).

All I can figure out from what you've written is that you're a bit jealous that Jane has Sue (at times) and so her attention is not fully devoted to you.

You need to let this go, and recognize that your husband's been awfully patient about all of this. Time to take a leaf from his book and be accepting of Jane and her relationship with Sue. Jane is not with you 24/7 and that's impossible, anyway, as you both have lives, plus you have a husband and family.

This could be a decent situation all around, as your husband would know where you were, Jane would have Sue when she couldn't be with you, and apparently Sue is okay with it as is your husband.

Use safer sex practices, as it's not outside the realm of possibility that Jane or Sue could occasionally take a male or female lover (HIV isn't the only STD out there), or your husband might as well. Keep your children mainly out of it as they don't need to be mixed up in this drama, although you should not lie to them. And maybe sit them down, with your husband, and explain that sexuality is a spectrum and it varies, and not all marriages are alike. But that a relationship composed of people who truly care about and love each other, and want each other to be happy -- that is the kind of relationship you hope they get into when they are old enough, regardless of the gender of the person(s) they are with, how many, etc.
0 Replies

eyeswideshut

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:34 am
@victorcarjan,
Thank you for replying. I don't put my kids into the situation They are at home mostly. I am not at home a lot because of my job so they understand that mommy is out at work. As far as she is concerned i just want her to give me the same as i give to her.... but you have really helped me think about some things..
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:53 am
@eyeswideshut,
"Jane" (sticking to jespah's names) is giving you the same as you give to her.
She has another partner in Sue and you have your husband, lets call him "Joe". What are you trying to accomplish here? Jane should leave Sue to give you her undivided attention while you're still married to Joe.

You are being unfair and unreasonable. Now, you've played with fire and you got burned. Heal your wounds and move on!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:58 am
Your lover is not free enough to make any kind of commitment to you.

Step back and THINK about what you are doing.

What's going on with your husband? Are you throwing him to the curb? What does he think about all this?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 11:34 am
@eyeswideshut,
eyeswideshut wrote:
As far as she is concerned i just want her to give me the same as i give to her.

you're in a relationship with someone else (your husband)
she's in a relationship with someone else (her girlfriend)

sounds like the same thing
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 08:22 am
@PUNKEY,
He let her swing!
Why is it sorry note about 'throwing him to the curb'?
It is all mess anyway. He IS at the curb. Blind and probably unable.
0 Replies