Having trouble losing weight?

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:04 pm
I've always had problem with losing weight. For some reason, the pounds never really came off and i don't know why. Im 19, 5'4, 165 Ib girl. Back in the beginning of April, i started going to the gym about 2 times a week and gradually increased to 5 times a week. I would typically do 30-40 minutes strength and 20-60 minutes cardio. I hired a nutritionist and a personal trainer after 2 months with no results. The personal trainer told me that weight loss takes time, and that i would have to be patient, and the nutritionist told me that my metabolism might just be really low (due to a long term anorexia problem i had a couple years back). I revised my diet and exercise plan and still did not see results for 3 months after. So i eventually gave up because i felt like i had wasted 5 months of my life for nothing. i havent gone to the gym for about a month and a half, but now I'm motivated to go back and lose the weight that i need to lose. But i just don't want to waste any more time. Do you guys have an advice or help that will help me get passed this problem? And maybe tell me why i haven't lost weight? I would appreciate it.
Sorry for the long post

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:31 pm
@kriskat0010,
Go to a website like sparkspeople.co or myfitnesspal.com, or lose it.com and use one of their apps to strictly track all food going into your body and all energy expended via exercise. Do that for a couple weeks and it will be apparent where you need to make adjustments in calories in vs calories out. Make your adjustments and continue the tracking. Keep making adjustments until you find the balance that works for your body and metabolism.

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:36 pm
@kriskat0010,
To add to what Butrflynet wrote, also consult with your doctor. Maybe ask to have your thyroid tested.
0 Replies

sierraB

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 05:35 am
Yes weight loss takes time, you need to show your patience to see the results.
And yes I do agree that you need to go to your doctor may be you are facing weightloss problems due to thyriod
0 Replies

AnnYoung

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2014 09:56 pm
@kriskat0010,
Have you tried taking natural weight loss supplements? These supplements can help you manage your weight in a natural way. However, it's more effective if you combine it with simple changes to your diet and daily routine and exercise.
0 Replies

SheriAniston

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2014 03:30 am
@kriskat0010,
Take time to read more about Chinese medicine or some other medical alternatives. It can help you with regards to weight management and weight loss.
0 Replies

Sam8Altman

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 08:13 am
@Butrflynet,
You can choose a healthy diet plan to control weight. Moreover, including exercise in your daily schedule will also help. Yoga is also very helpful in controlling as well as loosing weight. I also practice Yoga every morning. You have to start caring about your body. Sparing only 30 minutes from the whole day and devoting it in doing some exercise is the easiest and simplest thing to start with.
0 Replies

mamo5002000

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 04:00 am
@kriskat0010,
I was reading before alot of advices for weight loss, But to br totally honest with you the most important thing i've tried before to have slim and healthy body is to march, If you can running it would be great if you are like me you can march try to march every day normally for one hour after 2 months check your weight again and tell me.
Good luck
0 Replies

Maxbond

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2015 06:34 am
Walking is the best exercise for reducing the weight gain. Daily walking would be provides the protection against the various kinds of diseases like heart problem, breat cancer and prevention of type 2 diabetes.
0 Replies