God's Presence on Earth through His Spirit (Scripture & Photos Examined)

parados

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 08:52 am
@Patches,
This is what you claim is the holy spirit. It is nothing but rain on a camera lens

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D-2V2_d_f6I/TljTis6d-PI/AAAAAAAAHpk/-tv0shKgeNo/s320/Raindrops+on+the+window.jpg
It is easy to produce. Anyone can do it, even atheists, satanists, Buddhists, and Taoists. Notice how it "looks like an eyeball"? It has nothing to do with any holy spirit.\

Now about that wager? Care to pay up with a simple admission that you are wrong?
Patches

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 01:50 pm
@parados,
I am an expert on spirit/supernatural orb photographs. Believe it or not, but the photograph that you have produced is most likely of the Holy Spirit, excluding the white specks of course, and not the photo anomaly called an "orb". Now let me see you fool me by slipping your faked one amongst original spirit orb photographs. I will eat crow only if you can fool me.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 02:25 pm
@Patches,
Quote:
the photograph that you have produced is most likely of the Holy Spirit

you have reservations?
parados

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 02:51 pm
@Patches,
http://3.static.img-dpreview.com/files/p/TS560x560~forums/52313879/c05faa2d844745f39a4477fb1e478c26

http://etherealthoughts.com/images/aug/redoup.jpeg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-st7eUlse03o/UedYaDIBxyI/AAAAAAAAHXw/VnFgbSD5uKo/s640/blogger-image--1604576839.jpg

http://www.angelsghosts.com/uploads/rain_orbs_false_ghost_pictures_0216-xl.jpg

http://www.angelsghosts.com/uploads/pollen_orbs_false_ghost_pictures_001cu-348x184-xl.jpg
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:29 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
. . . I will eat crow only if you can fool me.
Good idea. Crow may not taste all that great; but a generous helping does wonders for your personality.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:30 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

As a Christians I try very hard not to lie about God and I would most certainly not Photoshop imaginary scenes of the Holy Spirit. Those photographs can easily be authenticated as not being altered, by a expert. Would you care to make a wager?

The first was made from scratch, most likely. The others just cropped and misinterpreted. As for the altered/made from scratch one, yeah, I'd take that wager. Independent experts only. We don't need any more motivated reasoning here than we've already got.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 07:17 pm
@Smileyrius,
It is not as though I had the photograph in my hand.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 07:45 pm
@parados,
The first picture at top is of the photo anomaly called an orb. The second photograph down to the left and the second to the last photograph may have some genuine supernatural orbs in them, but there is not enough detail in them to tell. The only one that I would authenticate as a genuine picture of the Holy Spirit is the last one. Now, the question remaining...are you willing to admit that you are wrong?
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 08:21 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
. . .the battle against good and evil has been here since the beginning of time. . .
That would be false.
The battle started in Eden.
Patches

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 10:42 pm
@neologist,
That is the beginning of time for mankind.
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 05:19 am
@Patches,
Are you suggesting that evil was created before all other things, or are you using the term "beginning" loosely?
Patches

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 07:35 am
@Smileyrius,
Mankind labeled changed and called it "time." Thus, the beginning of time as we know it begins with man. The battle against good and evil for mankind began in the beginning with Eve and the serpent in the Garden of Eden.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 08:23 am
Using the reasoning being used here...and in Christian apologetics...it can reasonably and logically be argued that evil started with the god. Everything that constitutes evil...using the reasoning being used here and Christian apologetics...began with the god.

If you want to say there is fault...that fault falls at the feet of the god.
parados

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 10:07 am
@Patches,
You are wrong on all counts.

The first picture has photoshop rain drops added to it.

The next 2 photos are of real rain drops.
http://www.angelsghosts.com/rain_false_orb_ghost_pictures_examples

The last photo has pollen in it.
http://www.angelsghosts.com/pollen_false_orb_ghost_pictures_examples
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 10:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
...that fault falls at the feet of the god.
Very true, Frank.
You have simply misidentified the responsible god.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 10:21 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Very true, Frank.

I don't think so, Neo.

The god I am speaking of...is the same god you are.
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 11:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Very true, Frank.
Frank Apisa wrote:
I don't think so, Neo.

Well fry my fritters, Frank!
You are the one who claims that one cannot be certain of the true nature of reality. How can you at the same time be certain your perception of the responsible god to be correct?

For a few moments, why not entertain yourself with the view from my perspective?
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 11:48 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
That is the beginning of time for mankind.
Read carefully the first 3 chapters of Genesis:
Adam and Eve were created in the 6th day. How long they lived in the 6th day is unknown, but at the end of that day, God declared his work to be 'good'. They sinned in the 7th day (which , BTW, has not been recorded as having ended). So, time for the human race began before the evil of the rebellion.
Time for the rest of creation, however, started with the event recorded at Proverbs 8:22
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 12:08 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
neologist wrote:
Very true, Frank.
Frank Apisa wrote:
I don't think so, Neo.

Well fry my fritters, Frank!
You are the one who claims that one cannot be certain of the true nature of reality. How can you at the same time be certain your perception of the responsible god to be correct?

I do not have to be certain of MY perceptions, Neo.

I am depending on yours...and speaking to yours (or anyone else here)...without regard to whether I consider those perceptions to be reasonable or unreasonable.

The god of whom you speak (whether it exists or not) is the god about which my remarks are directed.

Quote:

For a few moments, why not entertain yourself with the view from my perspective?

That is precisely what I am doing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 12:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
An example of what I mean, is the post just above my first, where Patches says,

Quote:
Mankind labeled changed and called it "time." Thus, the beginning of time as we know it begins with man. The battle against good and evil for mankind began in the beginning with Eve and the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

You seem to feel that same way, Neo, putting all sorts of emphasis on that horrible sting the god of the Bible perpetrated on the unsuspecting, unknowing couple.

Using that reasoning...and the reasoning used in Christian apologetics...it can reasonably and logically be argued that evil started with the god. Everything that constitutes evil...using the reasoning being used here and Christian apologetics...began with the god.

If you want to say there is fault...that fault falls at the feet of the god.
0 Replies