God's Presence on Earth through His Spirit (Scripture & Photos Examined)

FBM

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 05:23 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I believe in the whole bible.

Cool. If a Catholic gets to run things by their Bible, we get to own slaves again! Very Happy I promise I'll beat them (and my wife/wives) in the proper manner described in the Scriptures. And, naturally, if any of my wives turns out not to be a virgin on our wedding night, I'll kill her in the scripturally prescribed manner. I'll have to look up exactly what that is. It's been a while since I did any reading in that thing.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 05:48 am

Quote:
There are over 4200 religions, and in Christianity alone 41,000 different denominations. If you really and truly believe that you can be tortured forever for picking the wrong one, I'd be scared as **** if I were you. The odds are not in your favor.

Patches

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 06:45 am
@neologist,
Truth and wisdom can be found in the Holy Bible.
FBM

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 07:45 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Quote:
There are over 4200 religions, and in Christianity alone 41,000 different denominations. If you really and truly believe that you can be tortured forever for picking the wrong one, I'd be scared as **** if I were you. The odds are not in your favor.

What the hell. I can buy lottery tickets and the odds aren't that much worse. Especially considering that I don't have to waste hours and hours praying, genuflecting, sitting in a special holy building on Sunday mornings, dressing up and comparing my Sunday best with everybody else's, etc etc. True, the lottery can only offer the slim prospect of buttloads of cash, but... at least I can prove that cash exists... Wink
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 08:37 am
@Patches,
I'll take that as a yes, you are unable to answer my question.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 12:11 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Whew. I haven't run across anything like that in a loooong time... Confused

One of the saddest things is there's no law to prevent these people from breeding. They have children, and proceed to infect their clear young minds with this brain damaging rubbish.
I went to the lengths of sending a letter to my children's school, making it clear that under no circumstances are they to participate in scripture lessons, or religious studies of any kind. I won't allow them to be infected by this sickness. If they happen to decide to follow a denomination later, they'll do it free of childhood brainwashing.
FBM

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 12:35 am
@Wilso,
Good call.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:42 am
@Wilso,
You choose of free will to be an anti-Christ? You are a fool.
FBM

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:54 am
@Patches,
Careful, now...

Matthew 5:22 ESV

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Patches

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 08:28 am
@FBM,
He has declared that he is not my brother. I will rephrase that by saying that he is being foolish.
FBM

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 08:47 am
@Patches,
We are all brethren and sistren in Gwod!
Patches

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 09:30 am
@FBM,
He said that he does not believe in God.
FBM

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 09:43 am
@Patches,
Oh. OK. So Gawd didn't create him, then. So...who did? I'd like to see some DNA samples...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 10:25 am
@Patches,
So, does the Bible have a message or lesson for mankind?
Krumple

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 10:51 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Yes, following superstition will make you stupid and a psychopath.
neologist

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 11:35 am
@Krumple,
neologist wrote:
Krumple wrote:
Right. The priests have shown us that. But the question I am asking Patch involves what the Bible actually says.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 11:54 am
@Krumple,
BTW, I gave you a mercy thumbs up. I can't understand why folks would vote posts down when they are being given in sincerity.
Wilso

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 03:27 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Good call!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 05:47 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

BTW, I gave you a mercy thumbs up. I can't understand why folks would vote posts down when they are being given in sincerity.

I'll say thankx, but to be honest votes don't mean anything to me. On a side note it is a good question, I just couldn't help but bring some humor into it. There was an underline reason why I chose to say what I did. It really comes down to interpretation. The bible seems a little on the line of abstract therefore it can be taken to mean a lot of different things. You can see what you want to see in it and ignore what you don't want to see. For me there are reoccurring themes that most seem to ignore. Maybe I focus on it too much? But regardless that is how it comes across to me.
0 Replies