God's Presence on Earth through His Spirit (Scripture & Photos Examined)

timur

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:52 pm
@Patches,
No, you are a liar and a crazy preacher that keeps trying to impinge your insanity on others.

Patches

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:53 pm
@izzythepush,
One of my strong points in understanding the Holy Bible is my understanding of the Holy Spirit. Do you care to compare notes? Do you honestly believe that you understand the Holy Spirit better than I? I suggest that you read my OP again and acquire an education.
Patches

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:56 pm
@farmerman,
Those photographs of the Holy Spirit and I are the real deal.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:00 pm
@timur,
It is hell to be without God in the afterlife timur. You are the insane one.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:03 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I'm sorry to be the one to have to inform you, but the joke is on you Frank, not I.

Nice try...no cigar.

Enjoy the stories...and enjoy life, Patches.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:11 pm
@Patches,
For most people, after life you are dead.

You, on the other hand, are already (brain) dead in this life.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
If you're really interested learn to read the languages in which the extant manuscripts were written.
Happily, God does not require us to be linguistic geniuses, realistic discernment can suffice.
timur

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:49 pm
@neologist,
He made it very scarce, it seems..
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'll just figure that Moses got it right, since God has not penned anything with his own hand.
neologist

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:53 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
One of my strong points in understanding the Holy Bible is my understanding of the Holy Spirit. Do you care to compare notes? Do you honestly believe that you understand the Holy Spirit better than I?
Yes, that is the case.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:10 pm
@Patches,
I don't believe you understand anything better than anyone. You're a gullible, and arrogant, fool who prefers not to use his brain. Hence your lack of understanding.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:14 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I'll just figure that Moses got it right, since God has not penned anything with his own hand.

Really.

So who penned the part talking about what the GOD said about Adam and Eve?

If it was not the GOD...who wrote it...and why are you disregarding it? (Other than the fact that it destroys your argument about them knowingly disobeying the GOD.)
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:15 pm
@neologist,
And perhaps I ought to repeat:

Neo...have you ever wondered why the GOD didn't tell Adam that he should not eat from the tree of eternal life...that was also within reach?

Why do you suppose the people who made up this story didn't have that as part of the story?

Perhaps because they knew humans were not immortal?

What do you suppose would have happened if Adam and Eve had simply eaten of the tree of life...rather than tree of knowledge?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
We are not on the same page, Frank. Whatever Moses said, it was consistent with his belief. As far as he is concerned, they chose to sin. He even says as much in Deuteronomy 32:5. I'll stick with that idea, since it is entirely in agreement with the rest of the Bible.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:38 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

We are not on the same page, Frank. Whatever Moses said, it was consistent with his belief. As far as he is concerned, they chose to sin. He even says as much in Deuteronomy 32:5. I'll stick with that idea, since it is entirely in agreement with the rest of the Bible.

I do not much care what you are pretending that Moses said. (And he did not say what you are pretending he said!)

I am looking at the story being told.

The story tells us that Adam and Eve DID NOT KNOW right from wrong...good from evil...

...and the story tells us that the god of the Bible wanted very much for things to stay that way.

THE STORY tells us that Adam and Eve DID NOT KNOW right from wrong...good from evil. In fact...that is the point of the story.

The only reason you want to construe the words of Moses to suggest that ADAM AND EVE DID KNOW THE DIFFERENCE (which Moses does not do)...is so that you do not have to deal with the fact that your god punished these two (and all the rest of humankind) for doing something that they DID NO KNOW WAS WRONG.

That is a tough one for you, Neo. That is why you probably should not be debating this topic here on the Internet. You are going to realize soon that you have been wrong all along...and that the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong in what they have been teaching you.
neologist

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
No need to shout, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:46 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

No need to shout, Frank.

Apparently there is.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 03:07 pm
@neologist,
Lets see what you know of the Holy Spirit. What does it means for the Spirit of truth to glorify Christ?
Patches

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 03:30 pm
@izzythepush,
How is it that God and Jesus hears our cries?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 03:36 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
Lets see what you know of the Holy Spirit. What does it means for the Spirit of truth to glorify Christ?
Do you mean the spirit of the truth? . . . the force that helps us discern the truth? It's not a person and not part of a trinity.