God's Presence on Earth through His Spirit (Scripture & Photos Examined)

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 11:40 am
@Patches,
Your sentiment that Gods will should be that those with plenty should help those with little is a fine one indeed, it would be nice if mankind was inclined to do so.
I echo Neologists question with regard to why God does not prevent wars, famine and violence, but I wish to open it up with a further question. Do you believe the earth and the current condition of man is as he intended it when he created it?
Patches

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 12:01 pm
@Smileyrius,
Some people do assist in world famine and disease...many Christians do this. Why should God prevent wars, famine and violence brought about by man when man was created to be capable of doing these things himself.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 02:03 pm
@Patches,
I commend any christian who is doing his part to feed the poor and help the sick, although he is proving outnumbered at present

Quote:
man was created to be capable of doing these things himself.

Results so far suggest he has yet to show it, while Jeremiah 10:23 and Ecclesiastes 8:9 appear to suggest that man is not quite so capable.

Should God not intervene when innocent people suffer due to the actions of the wicked one? With whom does the blame lie?
neologist

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 02:22 pm
@izzythepush,
I was referring to the hole in the comic strip.
My grand kids watch Dr Who. I always say What
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 02:27 pm
@neologist,
A lot of people say what.

The comic strip is not a pictorial representation of my dream, I can't afford such frippery.
neologist

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 05:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Just pokin' ya.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 07:57 am
@Smileyrius,
I do believe that man was created to be capable of doing these things himself. Evil has gotten out of control in the world and man is no longer capable. This is why the Lord will make us incorruptible for the new world when Jesus reigns and God will put an end to evil in this world. 1 Corinthians 15:53. I believe that our souls are made incorruptible upon entering heaven.

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 09:23 am
@Patches,
Hmm. Are you saying the soul lives on after death?
Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 09:41 am
@neologist,
Of course it does.
neologist

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 09:59 am
@Patches,
Then why did God tell Adam and Eve they would die and return to dust?
If there was something after, wouldn't He have told them?
It would seem fair to do so.
Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:07 am
@neologist,
God was referring to a spiritual death. The soul would had been better off had it not been born. It is evil, wicked and shackled to the Evil One without God in the afterlife.
neologist

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:12 am
@Patches,
So why does the bible say the soul is mortal? (Ezekiel 18:4)
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:41 am
@Patches,
does this mean that Gods original purpose for the Earth failed?
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 10:51 am
@Patches,
Quote:
God was referring to a spiritual death

I would challenge this. remember Gods words at Genesis 3:22, he removed Adam from the garden of Eden that he may not "eat of the tree of life and live to time indefinite". If this also was spiritually everlasting life, what then was the tree? If the tree was symbolic, removing Adam from Eden would not have been necessary, let alone placing guards at the east entrance to the garden.

I am open to reasoning though, if you will continue to share I appreciate it.
Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 11:55 am
@neologist,
When you die, the soul either goes to heaven or hell. The soul does not literally die (become non-existent).
Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 11:56 am
@Smileyrius,
It is man who has failed God by giving into temptation.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 12:01 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

It is man who has failed God by giving into temptation.

How did they know they were giving into temptation?

They did not know anything was right...or wrong.

They were denied that knowledge.

So how can you say they failed your god by "giving into temptation?"

Why didn't your god give them the knowledge necessary to make an informed choice?
Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 12:02 pm
@Smileyrius,
I do not believe that the tree of life was symbolic. The tree of life is now considered to be in heaven. To be with God is to be part of the tree of life.
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 12:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
God told them not to eat from the tree of knowledge. They were well aware that they were doing wrong.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 12:07 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

God told them not to eat from the tree of knowledge. They were well aware that they were doing wrong.

How could they be aware?

Your god denied them the knowledge of right and wrong.

That is the point of the story...the god did not want them to have the knowledge or right and wrong.

So...they could not possibly have known it was wrong.