Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 11:06 am
Andrew Weil on Blood Type Diet

comments on Blood Type Diet by Michael Klapper, MD
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 11:48 am
http://www.dadamo.com/

http://healing.about.com/od/bloodtypediet/

I've had several serious health problems that the beloved MD's couldn't fix... I have little faith in MD's. I try to take it all with a grain of salt, until I hear from a lot of people who have benefitted from something like this.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 01:31 pm
Great links L.R.R. and Osso. Interesting reading. The only person I recognize is Dr. Weil. I found out about him while looking for info regarding Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) on the web.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 02:34 pm
Well, people debate all the time over diets and nutrition. I can't watch how they obtain their data, but I can learn about how many people have benefitted from this particular nutrition plan... and statistics like that speak volumes to me.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 02:52 pm
One more thing about my personal health as I just took my daily dose vitamins a habit since childhood. I take a lot, Ester-C, B-6, B-12, Folic Acid, Caltrate 600 and Centrum Silver. The Ester-C, and Caltrate 600 are new additions in the last five years.

But I have used multi vitamins and the B-12, B-6, Folic Acid and Lethiatin (sp) combination for years and years as I suffer from life long depression.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 11:57 am
JoanneDorel wrote:
One more thing about my personal health as I just took my daily dose vitamins a habit since childhood. I take a lot, Ester-C, B-6, B-12, Folic Acid, Caltrate 600 and Centrum Silver. The Ester-C, and Caltrate 600 are new additions in the last five years.

But I have used multi vitamins and the B-12, B-6, Folic Acid and Lethiatin (sp) combination for years and years as I suffer from life long depression.

Have you read all the info about omega 3 fatty acids and how they can help depression? That's what is in fish oil.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:48 pm
I have started taking halibut oil. I think I'm O+, but I have high blood sugar, so I have to watch my diet. Veg and protein, no simple sugars.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 01:37 pm
Sounds similar to the South Beach diet I've been on for a month. My blood sugar level had started to rise, and the doctor insisted. (I'm such a carb lover!) Relies heavily on the Glycemic Index.

I do have my doubts about it, though. After all, I am Irish. Any diet that that disparages potatos seems...well...blasphemous. Wink
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 05:40 am
That's funny, eva... potatos aren't exactly bad for you... but an overabundance of a starch is.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:14 am
JoanneDorel wrote:

Could you please tell me, what lethiatin is?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:16 am
Eva wrote:
Sounds similar to the South Beach diet I've been on for a month. My blood sugar level had started to rise, and the doctor insisted. (I'm such a carb lover!) Relies heavily on the Glycemic Index.

I do have my doubts about it, though. After all, I am Irish. Any diet that that disparages potatos seems...well...blasphemous. Wink

Why did your blood glucose level start to rise?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:17 am
cavfancier wrote:
I have started taking halibut oil. I think I'm O+, but I have high blood sugar, so I have to watch my diet. Veg and protein, no simple sugars.

What is the value for your blood glucose?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:47 pm
Miller wrote:
Why did your blood glucose level start to rise?

I suspect it was the extra pounds I put on very quickly a couple of months ago during steroid therapy for my hearing loss. The drugs made me ravenous. AFTERWARD, I was told that's a common reaction. Too bad I didn't know that at the time. Ah well, I've been on this diet for over a month, and I've lost those pounds and more. I'll have blood tests again in late July or August, and I fully expect to be back to normal then.
0 Replies