al-Qaida Said Almost Ready to Attack U.S.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 04:38 pm
If Iraq had had anything to do with 911, if Iraq had posed some sort of a threat to us, I would have supported a war there. Many liberals will support going to war if it's the right thing to do, but what has that got to do with Iraq? There are terrorists there now who only came because Bush provided a fertile ground for them to gather. We are fighting many more who simply don't want America occupying their homeland. I'm with ebrown. Bring them home.
I also do not favor sending all foreigners back home and I do not want a Berlin style wall at the border.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:43 am
sozobe wrote:
I DON'T think that AQ will go back to being happy and peaceful if weleave 'em alone.

nimh had a very good post recently about the ++'s, the --'s, etc. -- I know the --'s will be angry and murderous whatever we do, but I do think it's worth it to do what we can not to turn the +'s, the +/-'s, and the -'s into --'s. That's all.

That post was here ... the whole concept of there being lots and lots of, let's say, -'s and +/-'s involved seems to be quite hard to grasp, or something.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 03:54 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
What does "we have lost" mean in this context?

It seems to me that if we live our lives in constant fear (call it vigilence if you will) of terrorists we have lost, especially if this means giving up rights or losing the values that make America great -- we have lost.

I plan to contine being American. I will continue voicing dissent. I will continue valuing and protecting our diversity and the rights of minorities. I plan to insist on my rights to privacy and expression.

So you intend being "hard headed" right up until the time they cut your throat to intimidate me or vice versa? You're not willing to sacrifice anything up until such time as they really make their message of hate clear huh? Somehow I think that when they cut some else's throat to intimidate you----you will cave, hold up your hands and say Ooooo Kaaay I am now a Muslim. My question to you is: when that time comes who are you going to ask to protect your "RIGHT" to dissent?????? Who will remain to protect your "rights"?????
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 01:12 am
News on al Qaida.
Saudi Forces Killed Two Militants in Khobar

36 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

KHOBAR, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - Saudi commandos killed two militants on Sunday in a rescue operation to free some 50 foreigners held by suspected al Qaeda gunmen in the oil city of Khobar, security sources said.

"We know that two of the militants were killed in the operation," the sources told Reuters.

Saudi forces arrested the leader of the group and other gunmen, security officials said, adding that most of the hostages had been rescued. The militants killed 16 people on Saturday in a major attack on Saudi's vital oil industry.
0 Replies