25 Years Married - exception or rule?

hamburger

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:10 pm
george: NO! NO! NO ! i mean cruising by CRUISESHIP !!! as a matter of fact we just booked a 15 day hawaii cruise from san diego for december. hbg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:22 pm
My wife and I celebrated our 25th last August. Second marriage for me, first for her.
Congratulations to you, George.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 07:05 pm
...and to you and your lady, Edgar!

Hamburger~
It's still a good metaphor for married life! Enjoy Hawaii. We were there this past December. Christmas there was beautiful but for a New Englander, surreal.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 07:58 pm
thanks, george ! we'll be in san diego for 5 days before going on the druise on dec. 6; so we'll be back home by christmas (and snow, no doubt). why am i talking of snow ? still waiting for summer to arrive here - lots of rain. hbg
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 08:11 pm
Our twenty-fifth is next Spring.

Both sets of our parents stayed married--pretty happily. It does seem to make a difference.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 08:23 pm
I am happy to report that my parents have been married longer than I have been alive.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 09:21 pm
We've been hooked for 41 years. Our circle of friends have remained the same from the time we were all single. None got divorced, but some our children that have married also divorced. I think we're kind of unique; our group consists of six couples and three single ladies. We have two other couples that we have known outside of our circle, but have been socially close to since we were single. That makes eight couples and three single ladies for us; never divorced.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 06:45 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
...That makes eight couples and three single ladies for us; never divorced.

Is that legal in California?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:57 am
George, Get with the program; everything (or almost everything) is legal in California? We even have another movie actor as our gov. Wink
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:42 am
Yep, it's a regular achievment. It was my 24th WA this last Monday. Seems as tho the longevity of marriages is alive and well around here
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:29 pm
So then it must be true.. the longer you are married to someone, the easier it is to ignore them. hehehe.. Who says marriage is a bad thing??? Laughing
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:44 pm
shewolf -------- that reminds me of a song from the 60s

"Silence Is Golden"

I was told there are only 2 things a man/husband can do wrong.
#1 everything he does
#2 everything he says
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:48 pm
Actually there are 3 things...

#3 FORGET about #'s 1 & 2 . Laughing

Really.. marriage IS a wonderful thing. I wouldnt trade mine for a million dollars >mumble< just a million and one . Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:54 pm
Along with everyone else on this thread , I have a wonderful marriage of 'years' .. ((I never give a time frame. Noone needs to know how many hundreds of years old I really am)) And we met when i was on vacation reuniting with a high school friend after 10 years. We met one day, spent 2 more days together and on the day I was to return to my residential state told each other that we would 'talk again'. I moved to him with in 30 days and we have been together since. As I said earlier in this post.. i wish people wouldn't treat relationships and loving wonderful life experiences with such disregard. Everything is disposable in america it seems and it really sucks.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:55 pm
Forget about 1 & 2. Men who forget things are in deep merde. I forgot a wedding aniversery about 21 years ago. Another song comes to mind, "Memories are made of this" I had a headache for days, a combination of a loud verbal assault & my dinner going thru the window. You can get recurring headaches as well just to keep you on your toes
0 Replies