What has Britain gained out of invading Iraq?

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:09 pm
Brown sauce is piquant melange of tamarind, dates, sugar, and probably some other stuff, that English people pour over their food (especially German Sausages) so that everything has an acceptable taste.

Quoting from the Brown Sauce reference book, 2004

"HP Sauce is the only genuine and original brown sauce, which since 1899 has set the standard for quality. Everyone's favourite, this legendary and uniquely distinctive taste sensation is the result of HP's dedication to sourcing the highest quality ingredients and using a closely guarded secret recipe.

HP Sauce the original and the best!

Everything goes well with HP Sauce. Great for spicing up chips, bacon sandwiches, sausages and snacks such as jacket potatoes and baked beans.

By appointment to her Majesty the Queen".

Now it might surprise Germans and Americans that Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth the Second, Empress of India, Defender of the Faith, Queen of Her Brittanic Majesties Realm (and parts of North Rhine Westphalia, and bits of New England), likes a good dollop of brown sauce on her chips but its TRUE.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:10 pm
But what is it? Bar-b-q sauce? Catsup? a mix? worchestershire like sauce? Hot sauce?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:10 pm
Ingredients: Malt vinegar, tomatoes, molasses, spirit vinegar, sugar, dates, salt, cornflour, rye flour, tamarinds, soy sauce, spices, onion extract.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:11 pm
McGentrix wrote:
But what is it? Bar-b-q sauce? Catsup? a mix? worchestershire like sauce? Hot sauce?

Quote:
Everything goes well with HP Sauce. Great for spicing up chips, bacon sandwiches, sausages and snacks such as jacket potatoes and baked beans
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:12 pm
What's it taste like?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
What's it taste like?
not much!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:29 pm
Eatable - before looking up the ingredients.

Indeed, similar to any "artifical" brown sauce, but just a little bit more English.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:05 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Regarding my hunt for answers to my question, so far we have

1. It was the right thing to do. i.e. we can know that God approves, so all British people will go directly to heaven, bypassing limbo or purgatory, and feel very smug about it. And this transportation to immortal bliss might be even sooner than expected for those caught in any Al Qaida attack.

2. we have re affirmed our relationship with the United States, i.e. as master and dog. And be glad that we have such a kind and generous owner, get taken for walks in the park, fed scraps from the table etc etc.

3. We can think of ourselves as better than the cheese eating surrender monkeys or the sausage munching lederhosen, because Mr Bush has said we are good and they are bad.

4. ...no thats it. Only three so far.

Steve
Let me add one more: It prevents anyone from painting you with the same "YELLOW" brush that we use for Spain. Where's your gratitude man?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 02:26 pm
Well thanks Perc

That's quite possibly the nicest thing you ever said.

Proud not to be YELLOW. (Probably the brown sauce)
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:04 pm
That's more like it man-----smiles

Gratitude is easy to convey-----too bad Germany and France can't find the graciousness to to extend some our way now-----Oh well-----fifty years is a long time to remember. It's much easier to think of the cozy deals they were making with Saddam, Sevan and Koffi's son
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:21 pm
Quote:
It's much easier to think of the cozy deals they were making with Saddam, Sevan and Koffi's son

... than it is to think about the cozy deals made by the Bush and Bin Laden families?

They have no more fingers in dirty pies than we do. Just better sense.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:28 pm
'Scuse me folks, an aside to PlainOldMe - I started another cow thread, it's under food and wine.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:56 pm
perception wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Regarding my hunt for answers to my question, so far we have

1. It was the right thing to do. i.e. we can know that God approves, so all British people will go directly to heaven, bypassing limbo or purgatory, and feel very smug about it. And this transportation to immortal bliss might be even sooner than expected for those caught in any Al Qaida attack.

2. we have re affirmed our relationship with the United States, i.e. as master and dog. And be glad that we have such a kind and generous owner, get taken for walks in the park, fed scraps from the table etc etc.

3. We can think of ourselves as better than the cheese eating surrender monkeys or the sausage munching lederhosen, because Mr Bush has said we are good and they are bad.

4. ...no thats it. Only three so far.

Steve
Let me add one more: It prevents anyone from painting you with the same "YELLOW" brush that we use for Spain. Where's your gratitude man?

Yet another conservative opposed to that novel idea called democracy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:58 pm
Sorry, sorry, I guess I should add that I can't help you on what Britain got out of cohesion with US policy and therefore what could help Labor now.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:32 am
Thats ok osso

I think if the subject of Iraq comes up, I'll just say its very hot there this time of year, not like the pleasant summer weather we are enjoying under this Labour Government....that should fool 'em.

Wilso

I didnt spot the obvious slur on the democratic process, but you are of course right.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:47 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I think if the subject of Iraq comes up, I'll just say its very hot there this time of year, not like the pleasant summer weather we are enjoying under this Labour Government....that should fool 'em.

You can say that the glorious weather is a result of the Labour government's forward-looking environmental policies!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:09 am
No I wouldn't push it that far...don't want the immediate environment of the doorstep becoming distinctly unpleasant !
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:11 am
I'm sure the Tories will argue that the warm weather is a result of greenhouse gases caused by Labour's lack of forward-looking environmental policies!!!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:17 am
no doubt

off now bye S
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 01:09 pm
ossobucco -- On my way there!

Brown sauce is a bit like Worcestershire sauce here in the US.
0 Replies