Sincere or Used

Jeno430

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 07:35 am
Embarrassed to be asking this but, I had been talking to this guy for 2 weeks prior to us going out. He lives about 2 hours away in the army, and decided he was going to come spend the weekend with me. He showed up on Friday unannounced, I wasn't expecting him until Sunday, and got a hotel for 3 nights, an expensive hotel at that. We meet up Friday after I got home work, and just talked and I showed him around town. The next day I meet up again after work, and we had dinner and drinks, he paid, he paid for everything all weekend, which I kept trying to pay. He was super amazing, said all the perfect things, not mushy but just sweet, didn't really feel like he was trying for anything. I stayed stand off ish continually through the evening, and brushed off any advances. I finally gave in when he tried to kiss me near the end of the night. We ended up walking on the beach and randomly having many Pg make out sessions along the way. It was about 1am at that time and I had to work the next day, so we headed back to where I parked my car. He joked I could stay with him and he was not expecting anything, so after a lot of reluctance I did. He did not try to get in my pants, but we did end up having a pretty heavy make out session that did go to far . So I guess he did get his way :-) He made sure I was up and ready at 6am to head Home to get ready for work, and then sent a text to make sure I got Home and then got to work in time. Now if he would have just left I would have understood it was a hookup thing, but it gets weird now. In Sunday, he got kicked out of his hotel due to overbooking, and had to get another hotel, which I said he didn't have to, and he could just head back to the base if needed, kinda figuring I was just a hook up. Bbt he said he was staying. So I just continue with my day at work and wait to hear back from him. Well around 2 I send him a text "I guess you went back to base after all" and he replied pack "actually yes, got called back due to one unit mate got a DUI so we have to do formation at 3 and 6, but I got a hotel room for the night and I'm coming back to see you no matter the time". He ended up coming back at like 1 am, due to having a final formation at 10, and then getting pulled for speeding. He said he understood if i didn't want to come see him due to it being so late and me not wanting to feel like a booty call. But I wanted to go see him since I wouldn't see him again if I do until this weekend. He had already talked about coming down the next weekend, which I told him I had family in town and I would be able to meet up for dinner only which he was good with due to he just wanted to spend time with me. And said the next weekend, when my son would be with his father, he would spend the whole weekend with me again. Which yes all that could be blowing smoke up my ass but why try so hard for just sex. Well so I end up at his hotel at 2am, and we just talk about random stuff until like 4 then fall asleep. We both wake up at 10, and yes then we do have sex, but then he asks if I want to go to lunch that he doesn't want to head home yet, so we head back to my house so I can take a shower. We end up having lunch at my house and just talking more. And he was making koans for the weekend coming up and what not. So yes,I am crazy into this guy so if course now I see it all as a game and he just wanted sex. But would a guy really spend 275$ a night on a hotel, pay for dinner and drinks every night, and drive 320miles round trip one day just for the possibility of sex. I'm hoping not and I'm just reading into it to much. I'm trying to not run away, which is what I do when I get in with someone I really Like, so I don't get hurt, he even stated he felt like I had walls up. Which I did, well expect for that one wall :-). Now, of course being a girl I expect texting from him, which he does send text,not a lot, but he didn't really text that much in the beginning which was fine. But since I overthink everything I am already assuming he is out, and done, so I'm just wanting second opinions, and I don't really want friends knowing about any of this just in case it was a fleeting weekend. So what do you think? I'll answer any questions if you think I left something out, I just really want to not worry about this at our age, I'm 31, he is 35.

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:08 am
@Jeno430,
You're an expensive booty call, far as I can tell. Did he overspend? Absolutely (no offense). But I'm thinking that's what this was. See what happens if you make noises about wanting to see him nearer his base or in more public settings (particularly near the base).
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 04:31 pm
@Jeno430,
What's the problem? You now know each other (very well and very quickly, by the way) now you are worried about REALLY having a relationship?

Let it play out. But be aware that his schedule is erratic and can change any time.

Continue on and keep calm Smile

chai2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:13 pm
This guy sounds like a nut to me. Like by the end of the month he'll be carving your initials into his forehead.

What a koans?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:34 pm
@Jeno430,
Why not just relax with this?

You don't have to commit to a relationship after a weekend.

I personally don't think it's a big deal that you had sex, it's normal and healthy - and if it's with someone who can make you smile and laugh, so much the better.

Relax.

Enjoy your time getting to know him.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:35 pm
@chai2,
koans seems like a typo for plans, but maybe not
ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 08:36 pm
@PUNKEY,
I'm definitely more in line with Punkey's view of this than Jespah's.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:00 pm
It's not the sex that bothers me ehBeth.

It's the showing up unannounced (2 whole days early), and what I personally feel was persistent pressure to get physical, the leaving, coming back etc. It seems like he's trying to make things happen too fast.

My gut just has a bad feeling about this guy. Like pre-stalking.

Frankly the showing up 2 days early without notification would have ended it for me. So I'm supposed to drop whatever I was doing, or planned to do because you show up?

I may have told him that I wasn't ready to see him until Sunday, as we had planned. Don't expect me to change my life because you don't stay to the plan. That sounds like a red flag for controlling behavior on his part.
I think that in itself is really wierd. Who shows up at a $275.00 a night hotel 2 days early?
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:09 pm
Someone in the military who just got an early leave. Like I said, his schedule will be erratic.

chai2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
And he can't make a phone call?

Just shows up?

Is this how it's going to be?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:36 pm
@chai2,
I'm not getting that negative vibe from the original post but that's ok. People read things differently.

The OP can gather opinions (as she's doing) and make up her own mind about what this guy is about - which she will in any case.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 12:09 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
koans seems like a typo for plans, but maybe not

I expect you're right. I was thinking there probably aren't that many zen buddhists in the military.
0 Replies