How Will This Affect Their Emotional Well Being in the Future?

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:04 pm
These 2 kids, Younglady 15, Youngman 13. Their step granddad, Bob, has paid all of their parents, Donna and Rod, bills since they were born. They run up high bills, 900!

The reason grandparents paid all of Rod's and Donna's bills is because they didn't want to take the children into their home. CPS was never an option.

Youngman is violent. He hit me in the head, tried to hurt me with a tennis ball several times, humiliated me, and tried to shove me under water while Younglady tried to call him down. But is a sweetheart otherwise Smile

15 years later, their house is hit by a tornado. Bob buys them a nice trailer, put it on land, paid for sewer installation, etc.. Rod totals only vehicle, again.
Rod won't work so family can't stay in trailer. Instead, they live with "friends" and do not contribute other than food stamps, or very little.

Donna is completely depressed, and trying to get away from the family. She spent the whole summer with people she knew in another state, leaving her teens with their dad in a woman's and her 3 young sons house. Now home, she continues to say that she needs to get away, and insinuates that she no longer wants to live.

Younglady is depressed all of the time, and has spoken about suicide herself.

Other than the constant marijuana, drinking, pill popping, partying, and bringing strange men around their children (of which there was an attempted rape accusation by Younglady), they are affectionate to their children.

Several of their family members, including my mother and I have all contemplated calling CPS. Don't know if it's the right thing to do. Any insight would be appreciated.

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:09 pm
@AmberGardner,
Looks like Donna and Rod won't change - white trash all the way. If you have valid reason that both kids are abused and live under unbearable condition then by all means call CPS and they'll take it from there.
luismtzzz

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 06:22 pm
@AmberGardner,
Quote:
Youngman is violent. He hit me in the head, tried to hurt me with a tennis ball several times, humiliated me, and tried to shove me under water while Younglady tried to call him down. But is a sweetheart otherwise

You are fooling yourself, he is no sweetheart. Many children grow up to be good persons even when they face terrible family situation. But the most end up just to preserve the poverty circle. He needs specialized help and direct support and a paternal figure, or he will end up in jail or getting a foolish girl pregnant.

Quote:
Younglady is depressed all of the time, and has spoken about suicide herself.

She needs urgent help, and a ticket out of there, maybe with another family member that can help support her so she can grow away from this terrible family situation. You do not give a lot of info but she may be saved.

Quote:
Other than the constant marijuana, drinking, pill popping, partying, and bringing strange men around their children (of which there was an attempted rape accusation by Younglady), they are affectionate to their children.

Seriously??? Affectionate??? partying when there are kids at home, using marijuana. there is a place and a time fo everything. Kids are not miracles they are people, they are responsabilities. As adults we have to understand that we must attend to our responsabilities and to live with the consequences of our actions. And that includes childrens. partying is over, marijuana use, binge drinking, other drugs, etc...

Those kids need good soil to grow or otherwise they will repeat their parents lifes. Why can´t you see that????

Call CPS ASAP. Get those kids out of there. Do it for their future.

Laws should be made so irresponsible individual could recive mandatory contraceptive measurments so they copuldn´t ruin the life of their offspring. One day Bob would not be there, and they will be completely lost.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 06:24 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yeah but, other than all that, they're really nice. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 11:50 am
Quote:

Can you really write that without laughing - are you serious with that statement. Basically you are saying besides being completely neglectful and abusive to their children, they are affectionate.

How will it affect their emotional well being in the future? What about their emotional well being now? A suicidial teen doesn't sound like very good emotional well being currently and could likely lead to not worrying about any emotional well being in the future as think about the child will be dead without a future.

Wake up and help these kids!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 01:57 pm
Our poster has a very dry sense of humor.

Irony doesn't translate well online even with emoticons.
0 Replies