Happiness within

Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
If that were the criteria...he'd be gone too.
neologist

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:06 pm
@luismtzzz,
luismtzzz wrote:
. . . ., isn't it important in life to faoud happiness with ourselves never depending of others? . . . .
Just taking this one point, I would say to the contrary, building healthy relationships with others is an important ingredient in happiness. So, I'm not sure what you mean.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:44 pm
@Germlat,
What, are you claiming Trump has got a drink-driving conviction?
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 01:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It could be...I'm saving as far as flaws..he can't say a thing. I bet he can cover his tracks pretty well...we see what he probably wants us to....which isn't pretty.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 01:50 pm
@neologist,
I think he explained further in his latter posts.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 02:45 pm
@neologist,
I think it is important to have self regard, and further, to enjoy, much of the time, being yourself, talking with yourself. Wisescracking with yourself. Getting serious with yourself. But as I said earlier, look around. When I say look around, I mean it in many ways. Walk down the street and enjoy the air, indeed enjoy being able to walk, the physicality of it; savor the beauties, even the small beauties, pay attention to the trees, the animals, and the people. Me, I started to change from being all about myself as a young teen, shy as could be, when I went to work in a hospital after school, for seven more years, until university graduation. Right from the beginning I was working with people that were so different from myself and started catching on to their interests and concerns and what they thought was funny, conversations happened, even while working. The world opening up. I'm still in contact with a couple of those people.

Now I'm an older woman who enjoys different cities and countries and reads a lot about them, and have sometimes gotten to visit. If anything, I've too many interests. That's not to push that on others, interests vary - just to say that looking, curiosity, enjoyment of beauty have been part of my happiness. Loving people, that too, a lot of the time.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:08 pm
@Germlat,
Yeah. I should have read more. I will say, though, if it were not for my family and friends, my life would be pretty dull.

Good grief! All I would have is a2k. Very Happy
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:39 pm
@neologist,
I have sisters...who live away but we speak at least twice a week. I have a few but great friends and I speak with them daily ...we've moved around a good bit ( plus I'm not easy to get to know...so I've been told)....so. I'm married, happily. I have a son....life is full. I'm thankful.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:52 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Hey muchacho are you a Christian?
If you're not, become one and most of your stress and stuff will be over!
Christianity doesn't "cure" everything, but it DOES teach us how to roll with the punches life throws at us..

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want" (Philp 4:12)

And how do you become a Christian? It's easy, no need to go to church or any of that razzmattazz if you don't want to, simply LIKE JESUS and you'll make that connection with him and feel his strength and power downloading into you like it says on the box..
"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power" (1 Thess 1:5)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)

Well i am a catholic. I was taught the doctrine since was a child. I was baptized and had my confirmation and attended sunday church school to have my first communion.

It would be great if only becoming a christian could be enough to feel better. I do not think that necessarily church is the only way out. Espirituality can be achieved trough many ways. It can help cope with life tough for some people.
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:57 pm
@luismtzzz,
Geez...you've just opened a huge can of worms. Romeo can't take Catholics or any other faith or lack of faith. You'll never hear the end of it.
luismtzzz

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 05:17 pm
@Germlat,
Laughing I know!!!

(grabs popcorn)
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 05:32 pm
@luismtzzz,
Laughing As long as you're on board...come on over Red Rover.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 01:02 pm
Quote:
Germlat said about Donald Trump and drink-driving: I bet he can cover his tracks pretty well

I ask you again baby, is Trump guilty of drink-driving, or isn't he?
Slander and false witness break the 9th commandment, so you're in danger of joining others from this forum on the naughty step..Wink
Germlat

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 04:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
He is a hedonistic ca-ca mouthed fool who purchases spouses....he can't keep his freaking trap shut ok..what do you admire about this fool?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 04:30 pm
@Germlat,
You accused Trump of being a drunk-driver. Unless you can prove it, we'll have to assume that you just make up stuff as you go along..Smile
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:25 pm
@luismtzzz,
luismtzzz wrote:

Hello everyone. Feeling low again this evening, had been thinking to much and drinking some wine (love my local wine which cames from Parras Coahuila, if you haven´t ever tasted do so, casa Madero is the most famous brand).

Had been wondering a lot about life and stuff, feeling helpless while time passes by and wounds try to heal, isn´t it important in life to faoud happiness with ourselves never depending of others? I think this is crucial but had been this issue on my mind. Also had been thinking that our objective if we become parents is to teach our offspring this same matter?

I was thinking before that parenthood is about teaching our offspring our moral values, since is the only thing from us that is sure to endure in them. Since trying to make them follow are careers is useless, or forcing them to continue our workships, finally our offspring will take their own path in life.

So, teaching them to find happiness n themselves and of course to love them selves is of upmost importance.

Just leaving this here in hopes someone wants to join me.

Forget introspection, whatever you did or didn't was not your fault, and do things that keep yourself busy and involved - donate your time to help needy people, find hobbies, new challenges, new games, new products and keep doing it no matter what. Today is the first day of the rest of your life
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 03:32 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I don't care if anything from me remains after I'm gone. In fact, it's probably a good thing in my case.

If you're one of those people who feels everyone has a purpose, then it's just as important to be one of those people whose life serves as a warning to others.

Sorry I couldn't say anything to cheer you up luis. I'm one of those people who isn't bothered by the fact we come into this world alone, and go out the same way.

Where else are you going to look for happiness if not within?

Those spake the contented, happy introvert.

Happiness doesn't stand alone. It needs something to compare it with
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2014 03:37 pm
@luismtzzz,
luismtzzz wrote:

Hello everyone. Feeling low again this evening, had been thinking to much and drinking some wine (love my local wine which cames from Parras Coahuila, if you haven´t ever tasted do so, casa Madero is the most famous brand).

Had been wondering a lot about life and stuff, feeling helpless while time passes by and wounds try to heal, isn´t it important in life to faoud happiness with ourselves never depending of others? I think this is crucial but had been this issue on my mind. Also had been thinking that our objective if we become parents is to teach our offspring this same matter?

I was thinking before that parenthood is about teaching our offspring our moral values, since is the only thing from us that is sure to endure in them. Since trying to make them follow are careers is useless, or forcing them to continue our workships, finally our offspring will take their own path in life.

So, teaching them to find happiness n themselves and of course to love them selves is of upmost importance.

Just leaving this here in hopes someone wants to join me.

So let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Smilers never lose and frowners never win
So let the sun shine in, face it with a grin
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in

Read more: Frente - Let The Sunshine In Lyrics | MetroLyrics
0 Replies

SumitaSofat

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 03:14 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree with you. Well said. I am glad that now you are fine.
0 Replies