Happiness within

luismtzzz

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 11:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is very important. developmental and social behavioral problems are incredibly under diagnosis. Most soceities do not have a proper system for detection and many child struggle with social relations and with schools. Although a few like you Edgar have the high degree mental capacity to end up as good and succesfull persons, there are many who do not.

Our type of personality and our psychological defense mechanisms play a crucial role to help us cope with life. Healing not only the bodies but also the minds should be part of an integral aspect of any well developed soceity.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 06:26 am
@edgarblythe,
I know exactly what you're talking about....people are often uncomfortable with the brutal honesty with which most people with Asperger's Syndrome communicate. What most people don't know about Asperger's is that people with this syndrome tend to be extremely loyal. I would imagine it was a relief to receive the diagnosis ....it helps to put so many things into perspective.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 08:55 am
I was not medically diagnosed. I gradually began to connect my past with autism, but it seemed not the correct answer. Finally, I read more and more about Aspergers. As I was writing an autobiographical fiction at the same time, I was already deep into studying my past actions. So much that I blamed on the bullying, neglect and poverty was actually caused by the Aspergers. Understanding is not always overcoming. I function pretty normally most of the time, but on occasion suffer relapses. I can usually get around these incidents by facing up to them and making it up to the others involved later on.
Germlat

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 09:04 am
@edgarblythe,
I've always been very focused on what I believe. But--difficulty conveying my feelings to others. I forwarded myself in life...payed for my own schooling. Successful in my career. But-- not easy being a female and expected to be a certain way. I can't relate to most females even if I wholeheartedly want to.. I consider myself successful ...I'm married (20 years)... had to learn a whole lot there. I feel grateful still. My husband has taught me a lot. I think many come to a realization when really trying to understand why?! If everything fits...then....
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:07 am
@Germlat,
I didn't know one existed for AS, but here it is.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/images/articles/7601-autism-awareness.jpg

The reason I find this at this time in my life is that I worked for a nonprofit organization for over ten years that worked with developmentally disabled clients of all ages, and I never came across this symbol.
Germlat

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 12:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's not vastly recognized by people since there are great variances/manifestations within people. Bill Gates and Dan Aykroyd both have it. Also--Albert Einstein. I saw the jigsaw puzzle on the picture and knew it...it's supposed to be something many Aspies are drawn to.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 02:08 pm
Quote:
Luismtzz said: Hello everyone. Feeling low again this evening,

Hey muchacho are you a Christian?
If you're not, become one and most of your stress and stuff will be over!
Christianity doesn't "cure" everything, but it DOES teach us how to roll with the punches life throws at us..Smile

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want" (Philp 4:12)

And how do you become a Christian? It's easy, no need to go to church or any of that razzmattazz if you don't want to, simply LIKE JESUS and you'll make that connection with him and feel his strength and power downloading into you like it says on the box..Smile
"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power" (1 Thess 1:5)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-power_zpsb8111c12.jpg~original
George

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:43 pm
I find happiness from within, that's true.

But I find that thinking about other people, people I care about, lifts me out
of depression.
roger

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 08:19 pm
@George,
Some people are definitely a source of mood lifting laughter.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 09:21 pm
Keep away from bozos-
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible: Proverbs 13:20)
“Associate yourself with men of good quality, for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company"- George Washington
Hang with people who make you feel good-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Bible: Proverbs 27:17)
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 06:42 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Define loser. Donald Trump is about as repulsive (at least his public persona/stage persona) as they come.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:40 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Some people are definitely a source of mood lifting laughter.
Yep.

But also, I find getting out of myself to really listen to someone and
appreciate what they are saying helps me. This is true even when what
they feel or have to say is about their problems.
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 09:26 am
@George,
I agree. Good intentions are often overlooked. Even listening to someone ...really listening...teaches us something.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 10:41 am
Quote:
Germlat said: Define loser. Donald Trump is about as repulsive (at least his public persona/stage persona) as they come.

One definition of loser is "somebody who's a pain in the ass".
Trump's not a loser, I like the way he rips into pampered spoilt showbiz types on his 'Celebrity Apprentice' shows, he doesn't care two hoots how big and famous they are, he points his finger at them and says "You're fired!"..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 10:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You do? Trump is the guy who keeps asking Obama for his birth certificate. He's an idiot!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 10:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
Hey I wish Trump would run for US President, he'd soon sort things out..Smile
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:05 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Trump's a big sack of lying maneuver. He's been bailed out so many times...count the times he's been bankrupt. Probably due to his numerous wives. He's a huge ca-ca mouth that appeals to the intellect of the vulnerable emotionally retarded...so he takes their money and keeps on going.... I personally enjoyed the Letterman segment of "Monkey or Trump"...he's my anti-man.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:09 am
@Germlat,
Trump talks straight, that's why I like him..Smile
For example when he was building a golf course in Scotland, he said of one scottish farmer who lived in a ramshackle eyesore farm next to the course-
"He lives like a pig!"
Germlat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
He doesn't talk straight...he talks circles around people to gain their admiration...particularly frail ones. He often makes fun of hard-working folk. Yet..he's stupid enough to pay for affection ( can't blame him...Who would truly love such a shallow azz?!)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 11:18 am
@Germlat,
One of the celebs on Trump's 'Celebrity Apprentice' was one of the Kardashian girls (I forget which one), and at the start of one show he said to her- "I hear you're facing upcoming drunk-driving charges, so I'm kicking you off my show because I've personally seen the damage drunk drivers do. Go!"
And she slunk away humiliated..Smile