The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:07 pm
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/BadeaG/2014/BadeaG20141223_low.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:10 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Who was shot in the back? Not Michael Brown or the cops. As I said before, the title of this thread is a lie, so why not more lies?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:15 pm
@coldjoint,
You need to pull your news from other sources than your anus.

Michael Brown Autopsy: Teen Shot From Behind As He Fled From Darren Wilson, Report Shows
Micahel Brown autopsy shot behind

Michael Brown, the teenager shot multiple times and killed by police officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson, Missouri on August 9, was shot at least one time from behind as he fled from Wilson, Brown’s autopsy report reveals — in a detail that has been largely overlooked until recently.

Most reporting of the leaked autopsy results has focused on the alleged findings that Michael Brown suffered a bullet wound at close range to his hand, and that most of the bullet wounds that he suffered struck him from in front, meaning that he was facing Wilson when the officer fired at him.

But there was one shot that, according to forensic pathologist Judy Melinek, hit Brown on the back of his upper arm, consistent with a shot fired at the fleeing teenager’s back.

Multiple witnesses said that Brown fled from Wilson after some sort of altercation in the officer’s patrol car. Wilson chased Brown and fired at him from behind, the witnesses said. Initial media reporting on the autopsy results leaked to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch appeared to discredit those witnesses, saying that Brown showed frontal wounds.

But the media reports largely ignored the single wound that clearly hit Brown from behind, indicating that Darren Wilson fired his weapon at an unarmed, fleeing teenager, aiming at his back.

Initial media reports also stated that the wound to Brown’s thumb — a powder burn and a grazing wound from a bullet — appeared to confirm Daren Wilson’s contention, reportedly in his grand jury testimony, that Brown reached for the officer’s service weapon while Wilson sat in his car.

Other commentators, however, have noted that the wound which ran along Brown’s thumb and outward over his thumb print is more consistent with a defensive wound, caused by Brown attempting to push Wilson’s gun away after the officer had already drawn it and leveled the weapon at him, threatening to kill him.

Melinek also said that Brown’s wound was indeed consistent with a scenario in which Brown was trying to defend himself from Wilson, who was pointing a gun at him from close range.

The official autopsy report findings have not been released to the public. The leak to the St. Louis newspaper, whose story was then carried nationally, was unauthorized. Melinek was not involved in the autopsy and later said her comments had been misinterpreted by The Post-Dispatch.

Melinek added that Brown’s frontal wounds could be consistent with witness reports that his hands were raised in surrender as he faced Wilson, but the officer shot him dead anyway.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1570204/michael-brown-autopsy-shot-from-behind/#RWUrvfeHOO24p3jm.99

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:16 pm

Shocking statement from Mike Brown autopsy expert gets lost in the shuffle of leaks and lies

by Shaun KingFollow for shaunking

Tweet
203 Comments / 203 New

Mike Brown autopsy analysis
attribution: Screenshot of Autopsy Analysis
When the St. Louis Post-Dispatch somehow obtained the confidential autopsy report from the local medical examiner, the newspaper consulted Dr. Judy Melinek to analyze the report and draw some very basic conclusions on how exactly Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Mike Brown on August 9 in Ferguson, Missouri.

Her comments about the scuffle drew so much attention that one key point she made was totally missed. She says that the gunshot to the back of Mike Brown's upper arm could have come from behind while he was fleeing the scene, as described in the final three paragraphs of an MSNBC story:

All but one of the gunshots, Melinek said, seem to have struck Brown in the front of his body, which is consistent with witnesses who said Brown had been facing Wilson when he was shot. Depending on any witnesses physical proximity to the shooting, Brown could have been turning to Wilson in surrender, stumbling toward him after being shot or charging him.

The shot to the back of Brown’s upper arm, Melinek said, suggested he could have been shot from behind.

Nearly a half-dozen witnesses say that after an initial altercation at Wilson’s car, Brown fled and that Wilson gave chase, firing at him from behind. At one point, they say, Brown turned with his hands up and Wilson fired the final, fatal shots. Unnamed sources quoted in both local and national news reports say Wilson has testified that he fired twice from his car and several times after Brown ran, turned, and then charged at him.

This statement absolutely contradicts the headline and thrust of this leading article published by the Washington Post less than 24 hours later, which relied completely on the report published by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
This clear contradiction exposes just why the autopsy report and grand jury proceedings were sealed in the first place. Attorney General Eric Holder expressed his "exasperation" over these selective leaks, but it appears that even respected media outlets are misrepresenting the facts as well.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:32 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
That’s Dr. Judy Melinek, forensic pathologist and author of “Working Stiff: Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner,” expressing her thanks to the Daily Kos. Why? Melinek was interviewed by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on the autopsy of Michael Brown and now disputes how she was quoted, an assertion defended at length by the Daily Kos.

On her blog, Melinek explains:

A reporter from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch called me earlier this week, saying she had Michael Brown’s official autopsy report as prepared by the St. Louis County Medical Examiner, and asking me if I would examine and analyze it from the perspective of a forensic pathologist with no official involvement in the Ferguson, Missouri shooting death. I read the report, and spent half an hour on the phone with the reporter explaining Michael Brown’s autopsy report line-by-line, and I told her not to quote me – but that I would send her quotes she could use in an e mail. The next morning, I found snippets of phrases from our conversation taken out of context in her article in the Post-Dispatch. These inaccurate and misleading quotes were picked up and disseminated by other journals, blogs, and websites.

In the Dispatch’s published story, reporters Christine Byers and Blythe Bernhard quote Melinek as saying that “If he [Michael Brown] has his hand near the gun when it goes off, he’s going for the officer’s gun.” Melinek disputes making any such conclusion, writing on her blog:

There’s a big difference between “The hand wound has gunpowder particles on microscopic examination, which suggests that it is a close-range wound. That means that Mr. Brown’s hand would have been close to the barrel of the gun” and “he’s going for the gun.”

I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to correct this, in my own words last night, when Lawrence O’Donnell invited me to appear as a guest on MSNBC.

http://twitchy.com/2014/10/25/forensic-pathologist-charges-reporter-used-inaccurate-and-misleading-quotes-on-michael-brown-autopsy/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:35 pm
More "Bob think"

Quote:
College Student Laughs At NYPD Murders: “LMAO… I Have No Sympathy. I Hate This Racist F-ing Country”

Quote:
Khadijah Lynch

All I can say is that her parents missed the boat when it came to teaching her the value of life. She may not care about the cops, but what about the families of those cops? One of them had children, the other newly married. But no, she probably doesn’t care, living it up with somebody, probably taxpayers paying her $50,000 a year tuition.

Editor’s Note: The irony of this situation is that this piece of human excrement would be the first to call for police if it were her life that was in danger.

http://conservativehideout.com/2014/12/23/college-student-laughs-at-nypd-murders-lmao-i-have-no-sympathy-i-hate-this-racist-f-ing-country/
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/BadeaG/2014/BadeaG20141223_low.jpg

One right and one wrong dont make a right.

And Big Mike was not shot in the back.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 07:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And Big Mike was not shot in the back.

He never raised his hands up either.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
An interesting article from his perspective:

OMG...this guy must be a racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare he speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

I defy ANYONE to repudiate what this attorney has said. I have been in many a courtroom and I can attest to most of it.

I had a brainiac who pulled up to his parole revocation hearing in a stolen car AND illegally parks it. When they revoked his parole and put him in cuffs he screams out, "You mean I gots go right now? Dis aint fair man!" (We charged him with recieving stolen property as well)

They are their own worst ememy and any white apologist is just more of the same problem. If you tell an idiot that he's really, really smart or deny that he's an idiot how does that serve the idiot?? If the idiot thinks he's smart because people wont tell him the truth the idiot will do nothing to educate himself. And when challenged by a truth teller they will lash out at that person for "Disrespecting" them. Which brings me to the point: When the hell did the word disrespect become a ******* verb??? When you except their idiocy and try to main stream this crap, you do everyone an injustice.
And dont give me this crap, "It's their culture". The word is pronounced ASKED not AXED.

As I have always said," If they cant get past the fact that they are black, how the hell do you expect me too?" They perpetuate their own stereotypes. Most people like me are not racist. We are just fed up with the victim mentality and the notion that they believe the world owes them something.
We are fed up with the idiocy.

Thank you Baldimo
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:15 pm
Off Duty Black Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops
(Reuters) - From the dingy donut shops of Manhattan to the cloistered police watering holes in Brooklyn, a number of black NYPD officers say they have experienced the same racial profiling that cost Eric Garner his life.

Garner, a 43-year-old black man suspected of illegally peddling loose cigarettes, died in July after a white officer put him in a chokehold. His death, and that of an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, has sparked a slew of nationwide protests against police tactics. On Saturday, those tensions escalated after a black gunman, who wrote of avenging the black deaths on social media, shot dead two New York policemen.

The protests and the ambush of the uniformed officers pose a major challenge for New York Mayor Bill De Blasio. The mayor must try to ease damaged relations with a police force that feels he hasn’t fully supported them, while at the same time bridging a chasm with communities who say the police unfairly target them.

What’s emerging now is that, within the thin blue line of the NYPD, there is another divide - between black and white officers.

Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them.

Desmond Blaize, who retired two years ago as a sergeant in the 41st Precinct in the Bronx, said he once got stopped while taking a jog through Brooklyn’s upmarket Prospect Park. "I had my ID on me so it didn’t escalate," said Blaize, who has sued the department alleging he was racially harassed on the job. "But what’s suspicious about a jogger? In jogging clothes?"

The NYPD and the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the police officers’ union, declined requests for comment. However, defenders of the NYPD credit its policing methods with transforming New York from the former murder capital of the world into the safest big city in the United States.

EX-POLICE CHIEF SKEPTICAL

"It makes good headlines to say this is occurring, but I don’t think you can validate it until you look into the circumstances they were stopped in," said Bernard Parks, the former chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, who is African American.

"Now if you want to get into the essence of why certain groups are stopped more than others, then you only need to go to the crime reports and see which ethnic groups are listed more as suspects. That’s the crime data the officers are living with."

Blacks made up 73 percent of the shooting perpetrators in New York in 2011 and were 23 percent of the population.

A number of academics believe those statistics are potentially skewed because police over-focus on black communities, while ignoring crime in other areas. They also note that being stopped as a suspect does not automatically equate to criminality. Nearly 90 percent of blacks stopped by the NYPD, for example, are found not to be engaged in any crime.

The black officers interviewed said they had been racially profiled by white officers exclusively, and about one third said they made some form of complaint to a supervisor.

All but one said their supervisors either dismissed the complaints or retaliated against them by denying them overtime, choice assignments, or promotions. The remaining officers who made no complaints said they refrained from doing so either because they feared retribution or because they saw racial profiling as part of the system.

In declining to comment to Reuters, the NYPD did not respond to a specific request for data showing the racial breakdown of officers who made complaints and how such cases were handled.

White officers were not the only ones accused of wrongdoing. Civilian complaints against police officers are in direct proportion to their demographic makeup on the force, according to the NYPD’s Civilian Complaint Review Board.

Indeed, some of the officers Reuters interviewed acknowledged that they themselves had been defendants in lawsuits, with allegations ranging from making a false arrest to use of excessive force. Such claims against police are not uncommon in New York, say veterans.

STUDIES FIND INHERENT BIAS

Still, social psychologists from Stanford and Yale universities and John Jay College of Criminal Justice have conducted research – including the 2004 study "Seeing Black: Race, Crime and Visual Processing" - showing there is an implicit racial bias in the American psyche that correlates black maleness with crime.

John Jay professor Delores Jones-Brown cited a 2010 New York State Task Force report on police-on-police shootings - the first such inquiry of its kind - that found that in the previous 15 years, officers of color had suffered the highest fatalities in encounters with police officers who mistook them for criminals.

There’s evidence that aggressive policing in the NYPD is intensifying, according to data from the New York City Comptroller.

Police misconduct claims - including lawsuits against police for using the kind of excessive force that killed Garner - have risen 214 percent since 2000, while the amount the city paid out has risen 75 percent in the same period, to $64.4 million in fiscal year 2012, the last year for which data is available.

REPORTING ABUSE

People who have taken part in the marches against Garner's death - and that of Ferguson teenager Michael Brown - say they are protesting against the indignity of being stopped by police for little or no reason as much as for the deaths themselves.

“There’s no real outlet to report the abuse,” said Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, a former NYPD captain who said he was stigmatized and retaliated against throughout his 22-year career for speaking out against racial profiling and police brutality.

Officers make complaints to the NYPD’s investigative arm, the Internal Affairs Bureau, only to later have their identities leaked, said Adams.

One of the better-known cases of alleged racial profiling of a black policeman concerns Harold Thomas, a decorated detective who retired this year after 30 years of service, including in New York's elite Joint Terrorism Task Force.

Shortly before 1 a.m. one night in August 2012, Thomas was leaving a birthday party at a trendy New York nightclub.

Wearing flashy jewelry, green sweatpants and a white t-shirt, Thomas walked toward his brand-new white Escalade when two white police officers approached him. What happened next is in dispute, but an altercation ensued, culminating in Thomas getting his head smashed against the hood of his car and then spun to the ground and put in handcuffs.

“If I was white, it wouldn’t have happened,” said Thomas, who has filed a lawsuit against the city over the incident. The New York City Corporation Counsel said it could not comment on pending litigation.

At an ale house in Williamsburg, Brooklyn last week, a group of black police officers from across the city gathered for the beer and chicken wing special. They discussed how the officers involved in the Garner incident could have tried harder to talk down an upset Garner, or sprayed mace in his face, or forced him to the ground without using a chokehold. They all agreed his death was avoidable.

Said one officer from the 106th Precinct in Queens, “That could have been any one of us.”

(Editing by Ross Colvin)
coldjoint

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Off Duty Black Officers In New York Say They Fear Fellow Cops

You are just as smart as Bob. When is the last time you witnessed racism. Not heard about it, or read about it, saw it? Take your time, the other race baiters will pick up your slack
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You need to pull your news from other sources than your anus.

Quote:
But there was one shot that, according to forensic pathologist Judy Melinek, hit Brown on the back of his upper arm, consistent with a shot fired at the fleeing teenager’s back.

Pot calling the kettle black, BOOB.

So your "Authoritative" source is the "Inquisitr"? Thats laughable.

The pathologist they reference wasnt at the ******* autopsy. She said:

"What happens sometimes is when you get interviewed and you have a long conversation with a journalist, they're going to take things out of context," she said. "I made it very clear that we only have partial information here. We don't have the scene information. We don't have the police investigation. We don't have all the witness statements. And you can't interpret autopsy findings in a vacuum."

"I'm not saying that Brown going for the gun is the only explanation. I'm saying the officer said he was going for the gun and the right thumb wound supports that," Melinek. "I have limited information. It could also be consistent with other scenarios. That's the important thing. That's why the witnesses need to speak to the grand jury and the grand jury needs to hear all the unbiased testimony and compare those statements to the physical evidence."

But then we are used to you posting BULLSHIT.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 08:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
What is REALLY pissing off the police at this point is......
that the Citizens of the USA are starting to notice their abuse and starting to expose them with video of their abuse.

How true. This protesting around the nation is the beginning of a movement. Something will have to give. Patrick Lynch, the president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, declared that there was “blood on many hands tonight” but that it “starts on the steps of City Hall, in the office of the mayor.” Lynch is an angry polarizing figure, and Mayor De Blasio is not the first New York mayor he's hated. Lynch would like to portray the protesters as the ones responsible for the cop killings. This is wildly unreasonable. A couple of months ago, Eric Frein, the Pennsylvania man accused of shooting two state troopers while they were having lunch in a restaurant, slipped away into the woods, and eluded police for about two weeks before being caught. Policemen have always been targets. There are the fringe individuals among us and they cut across all socioeconomic and ethnic classes.

I think it right the protesters should quiet down until after the funerals, but then began again until there are evident changes in the law.

Quote:
The cops do not like being under the magnifying glass. Wonder why?

They don't like to be hindered in any way. Some rogue cops think they are a law unto themselves and do not need witnesses to second-guess them.

As usual, excellent post, Bobsal
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:01 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
This protesting around the nation is the beginning of a movement.

Yep, ramping the crime stats up after decades of decline.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:06 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Policemen have always been targets

How many other cops then these two have been executed during your lifetime? I cant think of a one.

This is not ho-hum and everyone knows it, to include you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:10 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
I think it right the protesters should quiet down until after the funerals, but then began again until there are evident changes in the law.

This is interesting. Usually the protesters are demanding that someone be convicted even though there is no evidence that they are guilty of any crime.

Asking that the law be changed is a much more reasonable request. What is the proposed change?

Moment-in-Time wrote:
As usual, excellent post, Bobsal

Nonsense. Bobsal has never once made a worthwhile post. He's just a lowbrow thug who goes around attacking people.
giujohn

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 09:14 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Lynch would like to portray the protesters as the ones responsible for the cop killings. This is wildly unreasonable

What is wildly unreasonable is that you cant see the connection between this guy shooting these cops and the anti-cop hate speech being spouted by the protesters.

BTW Lynch didnt say it was the protesters fault he said it was the mayors fault for adding to the atomasphere that led to the protests by making statements like he had to teach his son to fear the police.

This shooting and anti-cop hate speech is no different than a the Boston bombers who were influenced by radcial Islam.

And who's a bigger BOOB? He who posts this crap or you who thinks it excellent? Hint: It's a ******* tie.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Asking that the law be changed is a much more reasonable request. What is the proposed change?

I agree. There should be a law that if you resist arrest it is a mandatory 5 years in prison. No plea bargaining and the 5 years has to be served consecutively to any other sentence.
If you evade arrest by fleeing in a vehicle, 10 years. (same as above)

Why so stiff a sentence? BECAUSE WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN BOTH THESE CRIMES CAN KILL. We need to make it a zero/sum proposition for these criminals. Maybe they will think twice.
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:14 pm
@giujohn,
I'm not disputing the public defender's essay, but I've personally known individual blacks whose lifestyles were just as far removed from the social pathologies described therein as our own lives. I don't believe these social problems are inherent in an individual's race as Charles Murray and others maintain, but that it's a matter of culture. Of course, culture is often very difficult to change.

I was extremely repulsed by the Jim Crow of my youth, and my conviction in that regard has not changed. I'm also not playing party politics here. I have no faith in any political party or ideology. I just wanted to point out that there really is no single black community.

While I certainly don't support individual cops who abuse their position of authority, I must say that I have a great deal of respect for the work that cops must do to protect the rest of us. They are in an extremely difficult position. They come into contact with the very worst of mankind. Many cops seem to have more self-control than most of us would. They must work under a lot of stress when they perceive the public as not supporting them.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more incidents of beatings by cops. I once saw a documentary in which several cops were arresting a man who had forced his teenage daughter into prostitution. Absolutely heartrending! The arresting cops exercised great self-control. Many of us, myself included, might have been strongly tempted to give the father a good beating, which he would have richly deserved. (The father was white, by the way.)
coldjoint

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:47 pm

Quote:
The Progressive Movement’s Anti-Cop Narrative

Quote:
But here’s what I do believe: Mayor de Blasio, along with Attorney General Eric Holder and President Obama, have spoken in ways that have created a false and pernicious narrative, one that would lead you to believe that race was a factor in the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson and the death of Eric Garner in Staten Island–and, more broadly, that (a) racism is a prominent problem in many of America’s 18,000 state and local law enforcement agencies in the United States; (b) African-Americans are frequently targeted by cops because of bigotry; and (c) the main problem facing inner-city blacks is white cops. None of that is true. That doesn’t mean that now and then there aren’t racists cops; nor does it mean that mistakes aren’t made. But the storyline itself is at its core a lie–and rather than challenge the lie, de Blasio, Holder, and Obama have given it oxygen.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/12/23/the-progressive-movements-anti-cop-narrative/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

0 Replies