The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
And we can not have our cops thinking when they meet a thug on the streets " I better not confront him, he might get mad a me and attack me". I dont care what color skin the thug wears.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:30 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Typical urban legend -- see snopes

Claim: St. Louis prosecutor Robert McCulloch runs a charity called Backstoppers that sold "I support Ofc. Darren Wilson" shirts to raise money for the policeman's defense fund.

MIXTURE:

TRUE: St. Louis prosecutor Robert McCulloch was the president of Backstoppers, an organization aimed at supporting the families of first responders in crisis, during the controversy in Ferguson.

FALSE: Backstoppers sold "I support Ofc. Darren Wilson" shirts to raise money for the policeman's defense fund.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/backstoppers.asp#Smb5q00w8jzSsCbf.99
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
It’s a whole different ballgame,” said Fred Bealefeld, who was a Baltimore police officer for 31 years and police commissioner from 2007 to 2012. “If someone is trying to disarm a police officer or grab their weapon, that’s a felony. If someone grabs your weapon, as a cop you’re not thinking they are going to scare you with it. In my mind, every time someone tried to grab my gun in the street, they were going to try to kill me. That encounter changes everything.”

From then on, most experts said, Officer Wilson was very likely following standard police protocol in using whatever force was necessary to protect himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/ferguson-experts-weigh-darren-wilsons-decisions-leading-to-fatal-shooting-of-michael-brown.html

Are you guys ignorant, or are you lying?

I am not ignorant...and I am not lying, Hawk.

I am simply disagreeing with the hard-line nonsense that you are trying to peddle.

My guess is a variation on what the writer of that essay's nephew thinks:

What my nephew thinks happened is that Wilson got into an argument with the guy, got out of his car to whip his ass. Quickly realized he bit off more than he could chew, so he shot the guy.

Wilson is either an incredibly poorly trained police officer...or he is a fool. He may also simply be a murderer who got away with it...although I would much rather it be that he was poorly trained or that he is a fool.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Quote:
Wilson was either incompetent...or horribly trained.

What do you know about police training? Not too much I bet.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
This is more important than mot of the other stuff being offered.
Yea ?
Its only GUESSWORK, Frank.
U wrote that as if it were true.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:50 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

The whole tragic death has just been heartbreakingly depressing and shameful from start to finish on the part of the people who should be our protectors and defenders. A total injustice, I hope the Brown family can sue the whole city of Ferguson for everything they got, but I do not hold my breath on that happening.
There was absolutely NOTHING unjust about it,
except for the cigar robbery and beating Wilson.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David the sad and unjust things are one a good cop career got ended, two the parents of Brown one who egg a mob on to burn down the town and the other who took part in the beating of other family members over the right to sell tee-shirts will indeed get a large settlement from the town insurance company.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:10 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
will indeed get a large settlement from the town insurance company.

For what?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:10 pm
@BillRM,
I doubt that Wilson will have much trouble in joining another police force.
Its not as if he had done anything to be ashamed of; not like he took bribes.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:11 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
David the sad and unjust things are one a good cop career got ended, two the parents of Brown one who egg a mob on to burn down the town and the other who took part in the beating of other family members over the right to sell tee-shirts will indeed get a large settlement from the town insurance company.

Don't forget the store owners.

Hopefully the people who looted and burned will be criminally prosecuted.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Hopefully the people who looted and burned will be criminally prosecuted.

And if they are you won't hear it on MSM. That would discourage the next outrage and crime spree that progressives, anarchists, and the media thrive on.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

When those four LA cops made the mistake of using less-lethal force against Rodney King instead of simply gunning him down, two of the cops were cleared of all wrongdoing, yet when they tried to get a job at other police departments, those departments were bullied by the threat of massive protests into not hiring them.

Really, if someone has to defend themselves from a minority these days, their best bet is to ensure that all the witnesses are dead and let the police chalk it all up to gang activity.

Or, as the old saying goes, "shoot, shovel, shuddup".
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Then what you are suggesting is the Perp did not go after his gun. Someone is lying (and I do not think it is the officer).
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 01:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Maybe in a state with a tiny black minority population but anywhere else he would be a mark man when out on patrol.

You could count on the media to broadcast where he is working and where he is living as they had already done by giving out his home address.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:16 pm
Maybe the town of Ferguson should sue the Brown family for damages.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Maybe the town of Ferguson should sue the Brown family for damages

Sadly I do not think that it can be proven that Brown step father call to burn down the town connected directly enough to the harm done by others but it would be nice for all the owners of the small businesses looted and or burned to be able to sue him.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 02:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Are you implying that the Lock Ness Moster doesn't exist? Wink
coldjoint

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 03:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sadly I do not think that it can be proven

Not a chance, but it gave us a look at why Brown acted like he did with parents like that. Clearly they have no respect for the law or fellow citizens.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 03:29 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
but it gave us a look at why Brown acted like he did with parents like that. Clearly they have no respect for the law or fellow citizens.

There is more...inciting a riot, attack and robbing those they believe are selling unauthorized Big Mike branded merchandise, demeaning the legal process and those who served on the GJ......

These people are heros to some, because wearing a victim tag trumps all bad behavior according to many victim culture advocates.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 03:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
These people are heros to some, because wearing a victim tag trumps all bad behavior according to many victim culture advocates.

I saw a talking head show where they was doing a great tap dance around Brown actions on the store Video less then 15 minutes before his run in with officer Wilson and his step father calling for the town to be burn down.
0 Replies