The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

FBM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 09:01 am
@parados,
Not taking sides, just playing Devil's Advocate here, but the evidence supports that there was a violent altercation at the car. Wilson was just doing his job by chasing Brown. All the forensic evidence that I've seen supports the claim that Brown turned around and approached Wilson in some manner. All the gunshot wounds, to my knowledge, came from the front. The fatal wound is iffy. According to some accounts, Brown was surrendering, but according to other accounts he was launching a football-type charge. I wasn't there and I don't know which accounts are more accurate, but I don't think distorting the events with rhetorical bias is the way to move forward towards better understanding.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 09:41 am
I will re-post what Bobsal posted earlier:

Quote:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025891482

My nephew is a 29 year cop said this about Ferguson.

Not only is he a 29 year cop, he is the third highest ranking officer in the county that he works in. I asked him about this. Being the Republican that he is, I expected him to jump to Darin Wilson's defense. He had this to say.

He would not say it was a racial thing because he doesn't know. He did say he read all of the reports and the grand jury testimony.

1-He said at very least Wilson is completely incompetent. That you never get out of the car by yourself if you know there is going to be a physical confrontation with an unarmed person. Especially if you were in Wilson's words, "afraid" of the guy.

2- He said Wilson should have let Brown go, followed him as far as he could in the car as he called for back up. If he had to, arrest him later.

3-He had no business firing once Brown was down on the ground. He fired four shots too many even if you believe his story.

4- It is unheard of to leave the guy laying in the street for four and a half hours.

5- If all of this was in accordance to Wilson's training, an idiot trained him.

6-Brown's family will get a huge settlement from Ferguson because if this goes to civil trail it will cost them many millions more.

What my nephew thinks happened is that Wilson got into an argument with the guy, got out of his car to whip his ass. Quickly realized he bit off more than he could chew, so he shot the guy.

This is more important than mot of the other stuff being offered.
woiyo

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sorry, but that conclusion is laughable. "So he shot the guy?" Please Shocked
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
If Wilson had been un-armed, then he 'd have been pounded to death,

Complete nonsense David. Worst case scenario. (and I mean the very worst case.) he would have got a thick ear.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:14 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
A better understanding of events would probably be a good idea before running off at the mouth

If you followed that advice you'd never post anything ever again.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:36 am
@parados,
Quote:
Once Brown started running away, any citizen would be guilty of murder if they chased him down and then shot him.

Police officers however are suppose to run down fleeing felons and once he had attacked the officer and try to seize his weapon that just what Mr. Brown happen to be.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:37 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
Well said.
It was not well said,
because he twisted it around backward.
brown was charging him when he was rightfully, defensively shot.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:39 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Once Brown started running away, any citizen would be guilty
of murder if they chased him down and then shot him.

Police officers however are suppose to run down fleeing felons and
once he had attacked the officer and try to seize his weapon that just what Mr. Brown happen to be.
Yes, to say nothing of the cigar store assault n robbery.

I DUNNO, BUT I SUSPECT THAT THERE IS A GLEEFUL CIGARSTORE OWNER
WHO 'D PROBABLY LIKE TO GIVE WILSON A FREE CIGAR!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:46 am
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
If Wilson had been un-armed, then he 'd have been pounded to death,
izzythepush wrote:
Complete nonsense David. Worst case scenario. (and I mean the very worst case.)
he would have got a thick ear.
Will u reveal the source of your information on that point?????
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Not living in a paranoid fantasy land.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Not living in a paranoid fantasy land.
If I lived in a paranoid fantasy land,
then I 'd be in fear of people chasing ME, not Wilson!
timur

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:53 am
Quote:
“While it is difficult to be 100 percent certain, the video appears to show Brown purchasing some cigars but lacking the money for the amount he wished to buy. Brown seems to purchase some cigarillos, pay for them, attempt to buy more, then replace the ones he could not afford.

“The confrontation between Brown and the clerk may have been because Brown impatiently reached across the counter. Perhaps it was wrong for Brown to shove the employee – it is impossible to know what words were exchanged – but this footage seems to exonerate him. It is important to note that Brown only shoved the clerk after he put his hands on him.”

Quote:
However, the attorney for Ferguson Market says that it was not anyone from the store who called police to report a robbery. In fact, a customer called to report what he viewed as a robbery.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 10:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
If you weren't paranoid you wouldn't feel the need to carry a gun when you visit the bathroom. Who are you expecting, Oscar Pistorius?
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:00 am
@timur,
Lord talk about rewriting history.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If you weren't paranoid you wouldn't feel the need to carry a gun when you visit the bathroom.
Who are you expecting, Oscar Pistorius?
I never said anything on the subject
of taking guns into bathrooms. Did u imagine that ?

When nature calls and I 'm in public, what woud u have me DO with my guns?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Leave them at home, or get rid of them.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:40 am
@timur,
The whole tragic death has just been heartbreakingly depressing and shameful from start to finish on the part of the people who should be our protectors and defenders. A total injustice, I hope the Brown family can sue the whole city of Ferguson for everything they got, but I do not hold my breath on that happening.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:56 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
I hope the Brown family can sue the whole city of Ferguson for everything they got, but I do not hold my breath on that happening.

Oh they will get a settlement from the city insurance company and will no longer need to beat other family members with a pipe over the rights to sell tee-shirts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 11:57 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Sorry, but that conclusion is laughable. "So he shot the guy?" Please Shocked

Not laughable at all.

Right on the button.

Wilson was either incompetent...or horribly trained.

It never should have happened...and almost any decent officer would have seen that it didn't.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2014 12:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It’s a whole different ballgame,” said Fred Bealefeld, who was a Baltimore police officer for 31 years and police commissioner from 2007 to 2012. “If someone is trying to disarm a police officer or grab their weapon, that’s a felony. If someone grabs your weapon, as a cop you’re not thinking they are going to scare you with it. In my mind, every time someone tried to grab my gun in the street, they were going to try to kill me. That encounter changes everything.”

From then on, most experts said, Officer Wilson was very likely following standard police protocol in using whatever force was necessary to protect himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/27/us/ferguson-experts-weigh-darren-wilsons-decisions-leading-to-fatal-shooting-of-michael-brown.html

Are you guys ignorant, or are you lying?