The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:09 am
Why do people have to sabotage their own agenda with destructive behavior? I have never understood that.

Police: Man shot near Ferguson protest critically injured

Sad and stupid.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:21 am
@revelette2,
True enough.

That said: if the police started shooting unarmed geezers like me with no systematic changes to stop a national rash of unarmed geezer shooting, I might consider a one man offensive - particularly if unarmed geezers like me were misrepresented in prisons, over charged and over sentenced as compared to the rest of the population as a whole, got id'd walking regularly, had the killers of hundreds of other unarmed geezers like me not charged, not found quilty or found guilty but jailed for less than a year, ..........

Not giving it a pass,but saying I understand it.
BillRM

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 06:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Not giving it a pass,but saying I understand it.

An you understand the family businesses that was looted/attacked also?

Too bad instead of a police officer doing the shooting of this "poor" asshole it was not one of the owners of the businesses that needed to stand in front of their livelihoods armed to the teeth.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:06 am
@BillRM,
So you noticed how the racist cops deserted black owned businesses, too?

There's hope for you yet!
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I get what you are saying, yet, behavior such as shooting at police officers or other behavior just gives more fuel for those people who are only too ready to jump on something like that rather focusing on what the protest was about, which was protesting the very things you were talking about. The cause needs more peaceful protest, it needs a modern day MLK or some other charismatic leader to lead and organize marches and protest speeches like the civil rights movement.

I know that is easy for me say, a white woman who usually gets pats on the head while out in public and never been arrested or looked at suspiciously in my life.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:15 am
@revelette2,
There is such a thing as white privilege and it protects you and me.

If we were black we might have a different look at what seem even to me a hopeless situation with no reasonable solutions. This issue has been brought to the forefront since Trayvon Martin was flat out MURDERED.

And what sort of police reforms have been enacted except a tepid move toward cameras and sound that some departments have personnel passing tips on over riding the system.

MEANWHILE:

TEXAS — (Scroll down for video) — The Arlington Police Department is investigating the officer-involved shooting of a suspect during a burglary in progress overnight. At about 1 a.m., Friday, August 7, 2015, Arlington police officers were dispatched to a burglary call at a business in the 1400 block of E. Interstate 20 frontage road.

Upon arrival at the car dealership, officers found that a vehicle had been driven through the front of the building. Officers established a perimeter and approached the suspect inside. As officers confronted the suspect, there was an altercation during which at least one officer discharged his weapon. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have determined that the suspect had no weapon.

From Fox News: The FBI has been asked to help investigate the death of an unarmed 19-year-old Texas college football player who was shot and killed by an officer during a burglary call at a car dealership, officials said Saturday.

Arlington Police Chief Will Johnson said during a news conference Saturday night that he spoke with the FBI’s Dallas field office following the shooting of Christian Taylor, an Angelo State University football player.
Christian Taylor

Christian Taylor

Independent criminal and administrative investigations will be conducted. The criminal investigation focuses on the use of deadly force. The administrative investigation will review the incident to determine if the officer’s actions were in compliance with the department’s policies and procedures.

The department does not presently use body worn cameras, but is in the process of implementing a pilot program for body worn camera use. Surveillance video exists at the car dealership. The original 911 call was made from a security company that was observing the suspect on camera outside the business. We are looking at all available video from outside and inside the location to obtain as much information as possible. At this time, investigators have not located any video capturing the shooting.

The officer involved in the shooting was Brad Miller, a 49-year-old officer who has been with the department since September 2014. Officer Miller has been in field training and working under the supervision of a Police Training Officer since graduating from the Police Academy in March 2015. At this time he has no commendation or discipline history with the department. Prior to joining APD, Officer Miller had no previous police experience. He will be placed on administrative leave as is routine in deadly force incidents.

The preservation of life and safety is our highest priority. The Arlington Police Department is saddened by this loss of life and will provide the community a clear and transparent investigation.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 11:09 am
@bobsal u1553115,
White privilege? What a modern day farce put forth by you liberals. It's white guilt you feel and it's of your own making.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 01:10 pm
@Baldimo,
White privilege and male privilege are two terms on the tip of almost every liberals tongue these days. And rarely even when prompted will you get a definition and then an argument based upon reason and evidence that they exist. Once you have questioned the existence of the allegations you will be judged a loser by the left.
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 01:26 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
Why do people have to sabotage their own agenda with destructive behavior? I have never understood that.

Are you implying this one agitator represented the entire peaceful protest movement in St. Louis? Who knows why this one individual behaved so oddly and out of place, coloring the entire protest as "sabotaging their own agenda...." Before casting aspersions by calling these "people sad and stupid" I would think that perhaps it wasn't the entire group of protesters acting up and try being a little more generous because of the unusual circumstances that brought about the need for protesters in the first place!
Baldimo

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 01:37 pm
@korkamann,
Gee, imagine how gun owners feel when some wacko goes on a shooting spree and people here on a2k associate that wacko with all gun owners.

It happens to everyone.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 01:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

White privilege? What a modern day farce put forth by you liberals. It's white guilt you feel and it's of your own making.

Ya sure, but look at how far the feminists have run with playing up male guilt for our fathers and grandfathers....

Trying to sell white guilt is the only move that can work after we had tired of hearing the black victim story. We need to be convinced to make at least one more giant run at treating blacks as victims, only only us feeling guilty will get ur done.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Gee, imagine how gun owners feel when some wacko goes on a shooting spree and people here on a2k associate that wacko with all gun owners.

Gee, imagine how people here on a2k feel when some wacko goes on a shooting spree and gun owners, say that wacko's right to go on a shooting spree is more important than the victim's lives and refuses any change to the law to stop it all happening again.

Snarl hiss freedom haters snarl grunt anti American, burp fart voter id, uppity blacks squelch plop.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Someone's right to go on a shooting spree? I would love to see the quote on this one.

What laws have been proposed that would stop these shootings?
korkamann

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

I fail to see the analogy worthwhile mentioning. There are simply too many guns in the streets of America. Even nut cases can buy guns easily. Guns in the hands of teenagers on drugs; guns in the home with the highest kill rates from a family member. Guns used to gun down people in the theatre, at the mall.

(Arkansas Guns In Church Bill Passes In House Of Representatives...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/arkansas-guns-in-church-bill-passes-in-house_n_2618689.html)

I recall painfully the 20 little angels gunned down in Connecticut by Adam Lanza, the Asperger's Syndrome victim. The list seems endless! The gun lobby is so strong that innocent Americans are too impotent to do anything about the gun industry.

America is a violent society. That is the reality of it.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:21 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
America is a violent society. That is the reality of it.

Violence has been declining for decades. I think it is about to blow up again, but the reasons are economic deprivation driven.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:43 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
Even nut cases can buy guns easily.

How do you determine who a "nut" is? Unless it is written on their faces or they tell you, you can't tell who is "crazy". So we limit guns to the majority who are not crazy to keep a minority of people who are crazy, from having guns? Sorry but the Constitution doesn't work that way. Obama wrote an EO saying that these things need to be reported... How is that working out?

Quote:
Guns in the hands of teenagers on drugs;

Guns in the hands of teenagers on drugs... You mean gangbangers in the streets of Chicago? There are already laws on the books preventing teens from purchasing guns. What would you do to prevent/strengthen this?

Quote:
guns in the home with the highest kill rates from a family member

This isn't a fact, this is probability. We don't live our lives by probability, if we did then we wouldn't have cars.

Quote:
Guns used to gun down people in the theatre, at the mall.

All targeted because they are gun free zones. The laws in place didn't stop those shootings. In fact it gave them a target rich environment in which to unleash their killing spree.

Why do we continue to give these people their protected hunting grounds. That's after all how these people see gun free zones.

Quote:
The gun lobby is so strong that innocent Americans are too impotent to do anything about the gun industry.

The Constitution shouldn't be restricted because a minority of anti-gunners want to end the 2nd Amendment. Innocent Americans should have the ability to protect themselves in this "violent" country. Over 300,000,000 guns in the US, about 100,000,000 gun owners and there are only about 15k gun murders in the US. You can't use suicide as an excuse because there are counties that have gun restrictions more severe than ours and they have twice the suicide rate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
korkamann

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 02:56 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

How do you determine who a "nut" is? Unless it is written on their faces

By their actions and the randomness of their kill. Are you going to tell me Adam Lanza wasn't a nutcase? Or Holmes? Rightwing loons and pro-gun nuts are a cancer on society. It's not me alone who call these freaks nuts.

"IT IS PERHAPS TOO EASY to forget how many times this has happened. The horrific mass murder at a movie theater in Colorado in July 2012, another at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin that August, another at a manufacturer in Minneapolis that September—and then the unthinkable nightmare at a Connecticut elementary school that December—were some of the latest in an epidemic of such gun violence over the last three decades. Since 1982, there have been at least 71 public mass shootings across the country, with the killings unfolding in 31 states from Massachusetts to Hawaii. Thirty-four of these mass shootings have occurred since 2006. Seven of them took place in 2012 alone, including Sandy Hook. A recent analysis of this database by researchers at Harvard University, further corroborated by a recent FBI study, determined that mass shootings have been on the rise."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map
Baldimo

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 03:07 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
By their actions and the randomness of their kill.

Nothing above points to actions prior to the shooting, this is after the fact BS you are trying to push as prior known facts.

Adam Lanza didn't purchase any guns, he killed his mother and took hers. James Holmes wasn't reported as being crazy and no gun laws would have prevented him from getting the guns he used. All of this was known after the fact, but how would you have prevented him from getting the guns in the first place?

Chicago has had more killings in a single year then all the mass shootings combined. Using mass shootings does nothing to halt the violence.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 03:08 pm
@Baldimo,
Does it matter, you lot are against anything that restricts the sales of anyone no matter how mentally ill.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 03:22 pm
@izzythepush,
This is the lame ass response you give to my post? It figures you can't answer a simple question. I'll post what I actually said so others can see your stupid and pointless answer.

Quote:
@izzythepush,
Someone's right to go on a shooting spree? I would love to see the quote on this one.

What laws have been proposed that would stop these shootings?

Quote:
Does it matter, you lot are against anything that restricts the sales of anyone no matter how mentally ill.

I'm asking an honest question. What laws have been proposed that would stop these types of mass shootings?