The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:29 pm
@Baldimo,
Maybe he felt like he was going to be killed?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 08:23 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 08:25 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 08:36 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 08:38 pm
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 10:25 pm
Quote:
Harry Reid’s brother accused of DUI, battery on officer

Quote:
Harry Reid has a brother named Larry Reid. Apparently Larry Reid is just as violent as other leftists when it comes to cops. Reports say Larry Reid was arressted for suspicion of DUI, and assault of a police officer. Aren’t Mormons like the Reid family not to supposed to have alcohol? Larry Reid, the brother of Harry Reid appears to be some grungy looking leftist washed up hippie.

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2015/02/04/harry-reids-brother-accused-dui-battery-officer/

http://www.doomjunkie.com/images/smilies/party3.gif
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 10:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Where in law is it written cops get to mete out punishment and kill people without due process, ignoring a Constitution presumption of innocence?

Did I say they were guilty of the crimes they were being approached for or arrested for? I'm asking you based on the title of the video you have posted. In both cases the titles of the video say innocent men shot. Do they not? There is nothing in those video the leads me to believe in either their guilt or their innocence. I'm asking you for a reason you think the police are guilty of wrong doing in the shooting of the people in those video's?

In one, you hear the cop say drop the knife before shooting, he also says get back in the car, and don't move. The man didn't stay in the car, he didn't stop moving and he didn't drop the knife until he was shot. Was there a high speed chase which lead to the confrontation? Was he a know person with a warrant and was know to be violent? YOUR video explains none of this but instead is pushing a narrative of innocent with no proof.

Another video is either a search or arrest warrant. It wasn't a no knock warrant as they clearly announced who they were. Did the man have a gun and pull it on the police? Did he fire a shot at them first and they fired back? Once again your video explains none of this and in no way proves any point that you might try to be making.

3rd video I commented on. The man was continuing to fight with the police and clearly wasn't complying with orders. This one is by far the weakest one yet. 2 cops and he continued to resist.

Quote:
Why do you hate the Bill of Rights? Go to Russia if you don't like it here, comrade!

That's funny.

Quote:
How do you ignore documented evidence of cop misbehavior, even the ones that ended up putting cops in prison and fired? And fix on supposed guilt of nothing specific - they had to be guilty, after all the cops shot them??????

I have ignored nothing. I just question you and your ability to fairly judge the police and their actions. You are becoming the JTT of a2k for the police. Nothing gets you more hyped up then putting out cop hate videos. It's your motives I question.

Quote:
"Any other links to prove their innocence?"

Like a news story talking about the guilt of the police in question. You post enough crap on this site I figured something like that would be easy for you to do. That is unless you mindlessly do youtube searches or subscribe to places like cop block on fb. I have friends that are just as concerned about our current issues with the police, they just aren't an asshole like you are about it.

Quote:
What are you? 12 years old. You obviously aren't looking at any of the videos I've posted. I can't make you any smarter if you won't at least look at the stuff I post. I read the ALL of the mind numbingly stupid **** you post. Shouldn't you at least inform your drivel?

I watched them alright, that is why I'm questioning you about them. I wonder if you watched them. You watched them, heard the police shoot their guns and assumed they were in the wrong. You aren't being critical about any of this, you are being mindless about it.

I'll continue to question the video's I think are doubtful, just don't be a little bitch about being questioned.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:09 am
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:41 am
@coldjoint,
Drunken Republican Says It Was Gay Marriage That Made Him Operate Vehicles Under The Influence

Author: Shannon Barber August 20, 2013 5:22 pm

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Don-Dwyer.jpg
In the latest GOP stretch of logic, Rep. Don Dwyer of Maryland blames marriage equality legislation for his own drunken stupidity. Image of Don Dwyer from the previous drunken boar accident @ WUSA9

In the latest GOP stretch of logic, Rep. Don Dwyer of Maryland blames marriage equality legislation for his own drunken stupidity. Image of Don Dwyer from the previous drunken boar accident @ WUSA9

There is no shortage of indiscretions when it comes to politicians these days, and here is yet another. However, this one didn’t seem to learn his lesson the first time, which makes things even worse… for him, at least.

Meet Rep. Don Dwyer (R-MD). He pleaded guilty just a little while ago to operating a boat while drunk. The crash that resulted from that debacle resulted in injuries for seven people, including a five-year-old-girl. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the boat was named “The Legislator,” showing that Dwyer is, if nothing else, obnoxiously arrogant.

Now, he is making headlines again, only this time it was a car he was operating while intoxicated, not a boat. The car’s tags and registration were also expired, The Huffington Post reports. Luckily, this time, no one was hurt. Dwyer was stopped on Route 100 at about 12:45 AM this morning, due to erratic driving. According to the police report, he appeared glassy-eyed, with slurred speech. He also reportedly failed three field sobriety tests. The hearing for the boating incident is scheduled for October 25 of this year.

The real doozy comes when we examine the supposed reasoning or the drunken boating. Dwyer was interviewed by the Capital Gazette, in which he attributed his behavior on the boat to his own marriage falling apart, and to his feeling “betrayed” by fellow lawmakers who backed marriage equality legislation in Maryland. Dwyer said to the Gazette:

“I felt a tremendous amount of pressure in my family. You take those personal issues [and] add betrayal on the professional side, and it really gets to be overwhelming.”

Now, I am reasonably sure that Rep. Dwyer’s drinking likely has something to do with his marital troubles. I mean, I know that now that so many states have marriage equality, all of those straight marriages are just crumbling left and right, but come on. You can’t blame us for every troubled marriage. Oh, and as for those other lawmakers? Nothing personal, sir, they are just doing what they believe to be right.

Dwyer’s recent drunk driving incident includes some 15 charges, including but not limited to driving under the influence of alcohol, reckless and negligent driving, displaying expired and suspended registration, and driving 70 mph in a 55-mph zone.

Something tells me it is about time for you to step down, Mr. Dwyer. I think you have too many personal problems to be an effective legislator. Oh, and while you’re at it, stop driving and hit up an AA meeting or two in all that spare time you’ll have on your hands.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/20/gop-lawmaker-blames-his-multiple-dwi-charges-on-gay-marriage/#ixzz3QsTNBw1K
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 07:44 am
@coldjoint,
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:38 am
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/218923/80886698.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:03 pm
Police: Texas officer stole suspects' cash, drugs, rifle
| January 9, 2015 | Updated: January 9, 2015 1:16pm

This photo provided by the San Antonio Police Department shows San Antonio Police Officer Konrad Chatys. Chatys has been arrested on allegations he stole thousands of dollars, marijuana and a rifle from a couple during a disturbance call. Police on Friday, Jan. 9, 2015, announced Chatys, 32, was charged with felony theft by a public servant. Photo: San Antonio Police Department, AP / San Antonio Police Department
Photo By San Antonio Police Department/AP
This photo provided by the San Antonio Police Department shows San Antonio Police Officer Konrad Chatys. Chatys has been arrested on allegations he stole thousands of dollars, marijuana and a rifle from a couple during a disturbance call. Police on Friday, Jan. 9, 2015, announced Chatys, 32, was charged with felony theft by a public servant.

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A San Antonio police officer is accused of stealing marijuana, thousands of dollars and a rifle from a couple during a disturbance call.

Police on Friday announced 32-year-old Officer Konrad Chatys has been charged with felony theft by a public servant.

Bexar (bayr) County jail records didn't list an attorney for Chatys, who was arrested Thursday night and being held without bond.

Investigators say Chatys was dispatched to a reported disturbance involving a man and a woman on New Year's Eve. The couple say he took the cash, drugs and weapon before releasing them.

The woman later went to a police station to complain. A warrant was issued after police searched the officer's home.

Chatys, who's been a San Antonio officer for seven years, is on administrative leave.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:23 pm
Cops arresting cops.

2 Philadelphia officers accused of severely beating man

By SEAN CARLIN
Associated Press
AP Photo
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/5/5dca48ee-a71e-4335-a2dd-10ecd9ad0341-small.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Two city police officers were arrested Thursday and accused of knocking a man off a scooter and beating him so severely that another officer thought he had been shot.

Officers Sean McKnight, 30, and Kevin Robinson, 26, were immediately suspended for 30 days and will likely be fired, Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said. The pair had been off the street while a grand jury investigated.

Ramsey said the officers acted improperly and in total violation of department training.

"No one, not even police officers, is above the law," District Attorney Seth Williams said as a video screen showed Najee Rivera's beaten, swollen face.

The officers lied to their colleagues and superiors about the May 2013 encounter in North Philadelphia by casting Rivera as the antagonist and charging him with aggravated assault and resisting arrest, Ramsey and Williams said.

After Rivera's arrest, his girlfriend went to the area and found surveillance footage of his encounter with the officers. The video shows the officers slamming him against a wall and beating him on the ground, said Rivera's attorney Leo Flynn.

"He's aware of what happens to people who don't comply. He was complying," Flynn said. "He wasn't offering anything except screams for his life when he was being beaten."

Robinson's attorney, Fortunato Perri Jr., said Rivera fled and refused commands to show his hands. "Once he's under control, there's no further physical" confrontation, Perri said.

McKnight's attorney, Brian McMonagle, said in a statement that McKnight is a "good cop" who risks his life and said suspects create risks when they flee police.

Williams said he dropped the charges against Rivera and turned his attention to the officers when the video surfaced showing them beating Rivera with their fists and batons after one of the officers reached out a cruiser window and knocked him from the scooter. Rivera, 22, was frightened and drove away after he was pulled over by the officers, Williams said.

Ramsey said the officers violated protocol by pursuing Rivera without activating their lights and sirens and that Rivera never resisted once they knocked him to the ground and held him against a wall.

Rivera suffered a broken orbital bone and several lacerations to his head, the prosecutor said. "Another officer arrived on the scene and thought that Mr. Rivera had been shot because there was so much blood on the ground," Williams said.

McKnight, a seven-year police veteran, and Robinson, a six-year veteran, were charged with aggravated assault, criminal conspiracy, reckless endangerment, lying to authorities, falsifying records and obstructing justice.

The city has settled a lawsuit filed by Rivera for $200,000, Williams said.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:58 pm
Just another week of drug war-related police corruption: Jail guards get arrested all over the place, an Illinois narcotics unit commander gets busted for drunk driving, a Seattle cop gets investigated for stealing weed, a Texas cop gets popped for selling fake weed at his store, a dirty Philadelphia cop heads for prison, and more. Without further ado:

In Seattle, a Seattle police officer was being investigated Saturday for allegedly stealing marijuana from the evidence room to use with her lesbian lover. Officer Cynthia Whitlatch came under scrutiny after arresting an elderly black man for carrying a golf club that he used as a cane (and had done so for years). In the wake of publicity around that incident, a woman came forward to say she was Whitlatch's ex-girlfriend and that the two had smoked the marijuana at home after Whitlatch stole it in the spring of 2005.

In Raymondville, Texas, an Edinburg police officer was arrested last Monday for selling synthetic marijuana at his Raymondville store. Officer Michael Anthony Moreno, 32, was arrested after officers found 21 pounds of the fake pot at his store. Police acted on a citizen's complaint that he was selling the stuff. He is charged with possession of a controlled substance in a drug-free zone and delivery of a controlled substance in a drug-free zone. He has been suspended without pay.

In Suffolk, Virginia, a guard at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail was arrested last Thursday after it was discovered that he was smuggling marijuana to an inmate. Michael Williams went down after authorities received a tip. He is charged with Accomodation/Distribution of Marijuana to an Inmate. He's out on $5,000 bond.

In Jackson, Mississippi, a Jackson Detention Center guard was arrested last Thursday on charges he tried to smuggle contraband into the jail. Anthony Ware, 30, went down after arriving at work with "a strong odor" and was subsequently searched. Guards found marijuana, amphetamines and other controlled substances on him, as well as cigarettes and condoms. He is charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, possession of amphetamines and other controlled substances with the intent to distribute and the introduction of contraband into a correctional facility.

In Crown Point, Illinois, the head of the Lake County Sheriff's Department drug unit was arrested Sunday after he struck two cars on Main Street and then left the scene. Commander David Britton, 46, was busted with a blood alcohol content of 0.24%, three times the legal limit. He was reportedly driving at a high rate of speed in snowy conditions when he attempted to pass a car, but instead struck it. He then hit the front side of another car waiting at a traffic light. He then drove away, but was arrested nearby.

In Plainfield, Indiana, a Plainfield jail guard was arrested Monday on charges he smuggled drugs to an inmate. Ryan Daniels, 22, went down after investigators received a tip that he would be bringing heroin and tobacco into the jail. During an interview, he admitted smuggling drugs into the jail and produced a package he had taped between his legs. It contained marijuana, synthetic marijuana, and heroin. He is charged with trafficking with an inmate and dealing in a synthetic drug.

In Denver, a former Walsenburg police officer was sentenced last Wednesday to five years in federal prison for helping hide her ex-husband's stash of cash and heroin after he was arrested by police in Pueblo. Gloria Suazo pleaded guilty to charges of aiding and abetting the possession with intent to distribute heroin. She still faces unrelated charges of selling crack cocaine in Pueblo.

In Philadelphia, a former narcotics officer was sentenced last Wednesday to more than 17 years in federal prison for stealing money and selling drugs in and out of uniform. Jonathan Garcia, 24, stole more than $4,000 from drug suspects, then filed fake paperwork to hide his activities. He and his partner, Sydemy Joanis, ripped off at least five drug dealers between April 2010 and June 2012. He was also selling heroin, including while he was on duty and sometimes right across the street from the 17th Police District Headquarters.

In Honolulu, a Coast Guard officer was convicted and sentenced last Thursday to three years in the brig for a variety of drug and other offenses. Ensign Johnson Cox was found guilty of possession and distribution of multiple controlled substances, cruelty and maltreatment toward a subordinate, assault, absence without leave, failure to obey an order and dereliction of duty.

In San Diego, two married San Diego police officers were sentenced last Friday to three years in state prison after being convicted of drug and burglary charges. Bryce Charpentier, 32, and his wife Jennifer, 41, pleaded guilty to distributing drugs, stealing prescription medications from Jennifer's mother, and burglarizing a home while on duty.

Phillip Smith is editor of the AlterNet Drug Reporter and author of the Drug War Chronicle.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:09 pm
Absolutely unimaginable this could happen in America

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/05/1253274/-Absolutely-unimaginable-this-could-happen-in-America?detail=facebook

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.
Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:
1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to d-/+efecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures.

Think that's outrageous? David Eckert has since been billed by the hospital for all the procedures and they are threatening to take him to collections.
5878879News report video at link.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgMufCGHyc[/youtube
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:10 pm
t1qAbsolutely unimaginable this could happen in America

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/05/1253274/-Absolutely-unimaginable-this-could-happen-in-America?detail=facebook

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.
Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:
1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to d-/+efecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures.

Think that's outrageous? David Eckert has since been billed by the hospital for all the procedures and they are threatening to take him to collections.
5878879News report video at link.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:21 pm

Florida Cops Accused of Attacking Ex-NYPD Officer Who Was Helping Her Son
After forcing her onto the ground, one of them said, ‘We’re a little different in Florida."
By Arturo Garcia / Raw Story
February 4, 2015

Print
Comments

Retired New York City police officer Rosemary Aquino accused sheriff’s deputies in Martin County, Florida of attacking her while visiting one of her sons following an auto accident, WPEC-TV reported on Tuesday.

Aquino’s older son, 27-year-old Jonathan Rosado, filmed her argument with deputies after being handcuffed on Sunday near the scene of the accident.

“NYPD, I know my rights,” Aquino says while laying facedown in a grassy area.

“We’re a little different in Florida,” one deputy replies.

Aquino told WPEC that her younger son, 16-year-old Bryan Molaro, contacted her after his car lost a tire as a result of the accident. She told him to call 911 for assistance. She arrived at the scene after both the deputies and officers from the Stuart Police Department, she said, and went to hug her son when she was accosted by the deputies.

“One of the officers grabbed me and said, ‘You need to move your car now.’ I said, ‘First of all don’t touch me. I am going to my car now,’” Aquino said. “And so another came up from behind me as I was walking, shoved me from behind, pushed me, and as he was pushing me said, ‘get your f*cking ass in the car, now!’”

When Aquino, a 15-year NYPD veteran, questioned the deputy’s language, she said one of them “took his foot and then knocked me down, face-first into the grass.”

The video shows Aquino yelling in pain as deputies attempt to move her. Rosado tells them, “She’s got fibrof*ckingmyalgia. Let go of her, right now.”

Molaro later told WPEC he was arrested after following his mother’s instructions to get a pen and paper and write down the names of the deputies involved in the encounter. Both Molaro and his mother were charged with resisting arrest and are currently free on bond.

Chief Deputy Glen Theobald said his officers showed restraint during the incident.

“Based on the report, she was resisting. She was flailing her arms and she needed to be controlled,” Theobald said. “You don’t see what happened before that or what precipitated that arrest, and based on the information from the report, the deputy repeatedly asked the woman to step away from the street, move from off of the roadway.”

Rosado’s video of the arrest is posted online.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:23 pm

Four 2016 GOP Presidential Candidates Who Smoked Pot

They may not want to legalize it, but some of them have certainly enjoyed it.

By Phillip Smith / AlterNet
February 5, 2015

Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/jebbush/photos

The next presidential election is still more than a year and a half away, but the field of Republican contenders for the nomination is already crowded. One of the issues they will be dealing with is marijuana legalization. That raises the question: Who among the field has toked up?

And that raises another question: Will these Republicans who admit (or coyly don't deny) smoking weed come out in favor of legalizing it? It's not exactly a part of the Republican platform, but the issue isn't going away.

Here are four potential Republican presidential contenders who almost certainly smoked weed—either by their own admission, by their non-denials, or according to others.

1. Jeb Bush

The former first brother and Florida governor told The Boston Globe last month that he hit the pot pipe while in prep school and it was no big deal. "I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover," he said. "It was pretty common."

Bush's Andover classmate Peter Tibbetts added some color. Tibbetts told the Globe the first time he smoked pot was with Bush in the woods near their dorm at Phillips Academy in Andover. He added that he and Bush listened to "Magic Carpet Ride" in Bush's dorm room while smoking hash. "The first time I really got stoned was in Jeb’s room," Tibbetts said. "He had a portable stereo with removable speakers. He put on Steppenwolf for me."

2. Ted Cruz

The Texas senator most often mistaken for a particularly unctuous undertaker has puffed the magic dragon, too. He hasn't said so himself, but his staff has. And they're very, very sorry on his behalf.

"Teenagers are often known for their lack of judgment, and Sen. Cruz was no exception," a Cruz spokesman told the British tabloid The Daily Mail. "When he was a teenager, he foolishly experimented with marijuana. It was a mistake, and he's never tried it since."

Cruz's campaign later confirmed those remarks to The Hill.

3. Rand Paul

The junior senator from Kentucky has been quick to criticize Jeb Bush for opposing medical marijuana and sentencing reform after Bush revealed he'd been a stoner, but he hasn't been so quick to come clean on his own use, instead resorting to coy deflections and playing the "mistake" card.

"Let’s just say I wasn’t a choir boy when I was in college and that I can recognize that kids make mistakes, and I can say that I made mistakes when I was a kid," Paul told The Washington Times in December.

But one of his frat buddies was more forthright. "Randy smoked pot," William Hill told Politico in 2010.

And then there was the bizarre episode of the Aqua Buddha, an entity reportedly worshiped by a campus group to which Paul belonged. GQ reported in 2010 that Paul and Hill prankishly abducted a woman student who was on the swim team with Paul. "He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door, and they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits. They'd been smoking," said the woman, who wished to remain anonymous.

"They told me their god was Aqua Buddah and I needed to bow down and worship him," she recalled. "They blindfolded me and made me bow down to Aqua Budda in the creek."

4. Marco Rubio

The junior senator from Florida won't say whether he has passed the Dutchie, repeatedly calling such queries "irrelevant." And besides, no one believes what he says on the topic anyway, he claimed.

"If I tell you that I haven’t, you won’t believe me. And if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say, 'Well, I can smoke marijuana because look how he made it. He did alright so I guess I can do it too,'" he told The Hill. "And the bottom line is that it is a substance that alters your mind. Now when I was 17 and 18 and 16, I made dumb decisions as is. I didn’t need the help of marijuana or alcohol to further that."

But the senator wasn't 17 or 18 last year, when he used the occasion of a Senate filibuster to quote lyrics from the notoriously pot-friendly rapper Wiz Khalifa.

Phillip Smith is editor of the AlterNet Drug Reporter and author of the Drug War Chronicle.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Absolutely unimaginable this could happen in America

Look at the idiots we elect. It is not unimaginable. It is expected.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 09:34 pm
0 Replies