The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:08 am
@tony5732,
tony5732 wrote:

I completely agree life in prison would be more barbaric than death. The people who we are talking about have already handed out their own death penalty to innocent people. Personally I see the act of murder as an act of war on the human race. I know it is far fetched, but the first people I care about will always be the ones who are actually innocent. The last person I am worried about is the child rapist murder guy who decided upon himself that little kids lives are not precious. I am not really out for blood, I just really don't care what happens to those types of people. We could use less of them anyway so I think the solution should be whatever is cheapest, or whatever sends the best message to the next would be murderer.

Thank you, Tony.

Like Izzy, I hate the idea that people have to be put to death. But I do not consider the act to necessarily be barbarism.

After going back and forth on this issue for many years...I have come to the conclusion that death is preferable to the alternative of life in prison. I personally would rather be dead than caged.

Right now, Izzy simply wants to be dismissive of this position...and just gotta live with that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Try to be consistent, earlier on you were getting all het up about a child rapist and how he deserved to die, and now you claim it's for humanitarian reasons. You know that's bloody nonsense.

Quote what I said...and let's look at what you claim is an inconsistency, Izzy. Don't make crap up...and then claim it is MY inconsistency.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:11 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I am going to ask another dumb question, but are cops allowed to stop people from recording or filming now? What happens if they do after being told not to?

There is no way any police officer should ever want to stop recordings. In fact, they should be encouraging anyone around to record everything...

...unless, of course, they want to hide something.
revelette2

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, but in post of bobsal, the Denver cop told witnesses not to record as though he had the authority to do so, I merely wondered if he if did. It seems wrong to me.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:46 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Yes, but in post of bobsal, the Denver cop told witnesses not to record as though he had the authority to do so, I merely wondered if he if did. It seems wrong to me.

Seems very, very, very wrong to me, Revelette. I think the media should make it abundantly clear to the general public...and to law enforcement...that video of confrontations IS allowed...and that no law enforcement officer should ever try to stop that from occurring.

But considering the way things are these days, if a cop tells you to stop recording (especially one who has just shot and killed someone else), I think the prudent move would be to stop recording...and then take it up with the powers that be at City Hall.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
Don't quote that ******* racist idiot.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
So you want the death penalty because you're compassionate? That's a load of bullshit, you want it because your blood's up. Mercy killing people who are in pain is a red herring.

Capital punishment is barbaric, has no place in a civilised society, and only backward countries still carry it out.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:09 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't quote that ******* racist idiot.

Please do not tell me who to quote or not quote, Izzy.

Quoting what a person actually says is the proper thing to do when responding.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
No it's not when other people put such idiots on ignore. Quoting every thing that someone has just said is pointless anyway. It shows woolly thinking and an inability to focus on detail.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So you want the death penalty because you're compassionate?

I don't WANT the death penalty, Izzy. As I have said half-dozen times, I simply think it is less barbaric than life in prison.

Quote:
That's a load of bullshit, you want it because your blood's up.

If you feel better about yourself by thinking what I am saying is a load of bullshit...or that my "blood is up"...by all means do it. No skin off my nose.

Quote:
Mercy killing people who are in pain is a red herring.

I imagine damn near any argument that does not agree with your take on things is a "red herring" to you, Izzy. You tend to be very close minded.

Quote:
Capital punishment is barbaric, has no place in a civilised society, and only backward countries still carry it out.

If you want to think of America as a backward country...do so. I will still consider England a great place.

Okay?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
You may like England, it's just the people you don't like. You really don't like it when people like me stand up to Americans. Why don't we know our place?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Life in prison is not barbaric, it's a reasonable punishment for certain crimes. It doesn't satisfy a blood lust or cut the bills of the penal system.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:31 am
@izzythepush,
Frank doesn't seem to understand it's all part of our legal system.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:31 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You may like England, it's just the people you don't like.

I love England...and I love its people. I love you, Izzy.

Quote:
You really don't like it when people like me stand up to Americans.

I not only like it, I have encouraged it. I have had letters published in English newspapers admonishing the English for signing on to some of our misadventures too quickly. I don't know of any other American in this forum who can make that claim.

I wish all of the world would be more forthcoming with us...to call us out on this quirky "exceptionalism" stuff...and get us all working together.

I welcome criticism of the US...but I also defend it when the criticism is little more than the pot calling the kettle black.

I have no idea of where you get the idea that I do not like people who "stand up to Americans"...but I suspect you invented it on the spot as you do with so many things, Izzy.

I don't understand what you are talking about...and I am beginning to suspect you don't either!

Quote:

Why don't we know our place?

I don't know. Why?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:33 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Life in prison is not barbaric, it's a reasonable punishment for certain crimes. It doesn't satisfy a blood lust or cut the bills of the penal system.

If you think life in prison is not barbaric...fine.

Allow me to have my own opinion on the matter.

And here in America, the cost of life in prison is often cheaper than capital punishment.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
I got the idea from your posts, I've yet to see you post anything that indicates you welcome real criticism whatsoever. Although I can see you pay lipservice to the idea as part of the fiction you're writing about yourself. Unfortunately the real Frank Apisa keeps going off script.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I got the idea from your posts...

Well...I have often welcomed criticism of myself...and of America. I criticized both myself.

Quote:
I've yet to see you post anything that indicates you welcome real criticism whatsoever.

I think you are just throwing dung...and hoping some of it sticks. I welcome criticism...but as I mentioned, some of the stuff I have seen has been the pot calling the kettle black. Europe giving anyone else lessons in morality and how to peacefully co-exist...is a joke. If you cannot see that...I doubt anyone could explain it to you.

Quote:

Although I can see you pay lipservice to the idea as part of the fiction you're writing about yourself. Unfortunately the real Frank Apisa keeps going off script.

Nonsense...which is probably the reason you use so few quotes. That way you can spew any kind of nonsense you want...make up any scenario you want...and then argue against the pretense.

But as I also said, if it makes you feel better about yourself...go for it. Cost me nothing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
We all understand you have your own grandiose opinion on every subject.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We all understand you have your own grandiose opinion on every subject.

Sounds as though you are feeling better, ci...back to your old self.

Great.

Lots of us were worried. You are the one guy here who seems to have the bucks and energy to do lots and lots of travelling...and many of us enjoy the vicarious travels we get from your photos.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
You like to use History as an example when it chooses. Hitler took inspiration from the genocide of the North American Indian. This is like your nonsense thread about how wonderful America was where you would not accept any criticism or any comparison because none would exactly fit 20/21 Century America. You like to castigate us, now all of Europe is responsible for Nazi Germany, even those of us who were fighting them when some of you were giving the Nazi salute to Charles Lindbergh.