The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 01:17 pm
@Baldimo,
**** loads. Google "innocent black men executed in America."
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 01:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The old imperialist's argument Frank, people did bad things in the past so that excuses bad behaviour in the present.

The death penalty in barbaric and backwards, and it's our moral duty to oppose its use wherever in the world that happens, and use every legal avenue at our disposal. Don't you think it's quite cool that we used the American legal system to compel the DEA to confiscate states' poisons? I think it's ******* brilliant.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The old imperialist's argument Frank, people did bad things in the past so that excuses bad behaviour in the present.

The death penalty in barbaric and backwards, and it's our moral duty to oppose its use wherever in the world that happens, and use every legal avenue at our disposal. Don't you think it's quite cool that we used the American legal system to compel the DEA to confiscate states' poisons? I think it's ******* brilliant.

There are people, Izzy, who argue that legal abortion is barbaric and backwards. There are people who argue that bringing more “god” into public life would be an enhancement of human dignity…that reading the Bible at the beginning of the school day and at the start of all public meetings would “enhance human dignity.”

You are free to think that to be so…just as you think capital punishment to be barbaric...but please allow me to think it to be a crock of rosebush fertilizer.

You also can use every legal avenue to oppose it…while some of us will oppose your opposition.

And there are some of us who think that the nations of Europe presuming to lead the moral fiber of humanity...is a bit of a joke.

Okay?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Too lazy to provide your own proof. It's a habit with you isn't it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I simply do not understand how anyone can think that confining someone for a lifetime is less cruel and inhumane than simply putting them to death?

Neither do I. I believe life imprisonment is a chicken **** form of capital punishment. What redemption can be attained where there is no opportunity and no mercy? I feel that three strike laws are the same as putting up capital punishment on non capital crimes. We execute a lot of people who were innocent and a lot of people who had changed and couldhave contributed a lot to society.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Want to be bemused and then confused? google "white crimes and black victims", "white racist crimes".
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Talk about through the looking glass.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Don't talk rot Frank. Capital punishment is barbaric, and in 100 years time hopefully people will talk about it the same way slavery is today.

The history of punishment has shown a move from the barbaric to enlightened, or are you saying we should start burning witches and Catholics again?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Nothing lazy about it there's shitloads out there. I'm not prepared to waste my time providing you with evidence you'll just ignore. You still think Saddam Hussein had WMDs, there's no arguing with wilful ignorance.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzythecopout, if you are not going to back your claims with proof, then don't bother making them in the first place. It is lazy to make comments with no proof. In that you and CJ are the same.

By the way, I did do a search and the only thing that comes back is articles about Trayvon Martin and others who have been killed. Do the right thing and post your proof. Expecting others to do your leg work is indeed lazy.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Shitloads, but Baldimo the fantasist reality denier won't have any of it.

Quote:
Death row inmate Troy Davis has been executed in the US state of Georgia for the fatal shooting of policeman Mark MacPhail in 1989.

Davis' death was delayed for hours while the US Supreme Court considered an eleventh-hour appeal for clemency.

The 42-year-old's case was heavily disputed after most of the witnesses recanted or changed their testimony.

Inside the jail in Jackson, Georgia, Davis protested his innocence until the end as supporters protested outside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15013860

Quote:
be nice to think our judicial system is totally infallible, but unfortunately, that’s just not the case. Innocent people are convicted of crimes they didn’t commit more often than anyone would like to admit, and in some cases, people who were later found to be innocent have actually been put to death.

Here are 8 people who were executed and innocent.

1. Cameron Todd Willingham—In 1992, Willingham was convicted of arson murder in Texas. He was believed to have intentionally set a fire that killed his three kids. In 2004, he was put to death. Unfortunately, the Texas Forensic Science Commission later found that the evidence was misinterpreted, and they concluded that none of the evidence used against Willingham was valid. As it turns out, the fire really was accidental.

2. Ruben Cantu—Cantu was 17 at the time the crime he was alleged of committing took place. Cantu was convicted of capital murder, and in 1993, the Texas teen was executed. About 12 years after his death, investigations show that Cantu likely didn’t commit the murder. The lone eyewitness recanted his testimony, and Cantu’s co-defendant later admitted he allowed his friend to be falsely accused. He says Cantu wasn’t even there the night of the murder.

3. Larry Griffin—Griffin was put to death in 1995 for the 1981 murder of Quintin Moss, a Missouri drug dealer. Griffin always maintained his innocence, and now, evidence seems to indicate he was telling the truth. The first police officer on the scene now says the eyewitness account was false, even though the officer supported the claims during the trial. Another eyewitness who was wounded during the attack was never contacted during the trial, and he says Griffin wasn’t present at the crime scene that night.

4. Carlos DeLuna—In 1989, DeLuna was executed for the stabbing of a Texas convenience store clerk. Almost 20 years later, Chicago Tribune uncovered evidence that shows DeLuna was likely innocent. The evidence showed that Carlos Hernandez, a man who even confessed to the murder many times, actually did the crime.

5. David Wayne Spence—Spence was put to death in 1997 for the murder of three teenagers in Texas. He was supposedly hired by a convenience store clerk to kill someone else, but he allegedly killed the wrong people by mistake. The supervising police lieutenant said “I do not think David Spence committed this crime.” The lead homicide detective agreed, saying “My opinion is that David Spence was innocent. Nothing from the investigation ever led us to any evidence that he was involved.”

6. Jesse Tafero—In 1976, Tafero was convicted of murdering a state trooper. He and Sonia Jacobs were both sentenced to death for the crime. The main evidence used to convict them was testimony by someone else who was involved in the crime, ex-convict Walter Rhodes. Rhodes gave this testimony in exchange for a life sentence. In 1990, Tafero was put to death. Two years later, his companion Jacobs was released due to a lack of evidence…the same evidence used to put Tafero to death.

7 & 8. Thomas Griffin and Meeks Griffin— The oldest case on this list dates back to 1915. The Griffin brothers, two black men, were convicted of the murder of a white man. The reason they were convicted is because Monk Stevenson, another black man suspected of committing the murder, pointed to the brothers as having been responsible. He later admitted the reason he blamed them is because they were wealthy, and he assumed they had the money to beat the charges. The Griffin brothers were completely innocent, but they were put to death nonetheless.

http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/crime/8-people-who-were-executed-and-later-found-innocent.html

http://listverse.com/2010/01/12/10-convicts-presumed-innocent-after-execution/

Like I said shitloads, and now you can prove I was wasting my time because you'll deny all of it.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
By the way, I did do a search and the only thing that comes back is articles about Trayvon Martin and others who have been killed.

So you're too stupid to use google. That's your excuse?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:00 pm
Justice Sotomayor: Stop Bending the Constitution to Favor Cops

Has the Supreme Court given law enforcement more leeway that the Constitution permits? Justice Sonia Sotomayor seems to think so. At oral argument in Rodriguez v. United States, a case involving the use of drug-sniffing dogs during traffic stops, Justice Sotomayor vigorously resisted the government's arguments and expressed a broad concern about the Court's deference to law enforcement in Fourth Amendment cases. Those who share her belief that neither the Fourth Amendment nor any other part of the Constitution ought to be reduced to "a useless piece of paper" should insist that the Court consistently hold those who enforce the law fully accountable to it.

The facts of the case: On March 27, 2012, Nebraska police officer Morgan Struble stopped Dennys Rodriguez for swerving once towards the shoulder of the road. After questioning Rodriguez and issuing him a written warning, Struble asked permission to walk his drug-sniffing dog around the outside of Rodriguez's vehicle. When Rodriguez refused, Struble made him exit the vehicle and wait for backup to arrive. Roughly eight minutes later, a second officer showed up, and Struble led his dog around the car. The dog gave an "alert" for illegal drugs, and a subsequent search turned up a bag of methamphetamine.

The Supreme Court held in Illinois v. Caballes (2005) that the use of drug-snuffing dogs during routine traffic stops does not violate the Fourth Amendment if the stop is not "prolonged beyond the time reasonably required to complete that mission." But in Rodriguez's case, the "mission" was completed-- the officer had let Rodriguez off with a warning. The question is whether an officer may detain someone and force them to wait for a canine sniff without reasonable suspicion or other lawful justification.

At oral argument, Justice Department lawyer Ginger Anders contended that there was no constitutionally significant distinction between trotting out a drug-sniffing dog during a stop and making someone wait for the dog after a completed stop, so long as the whole affair "falls within the amount of time it usually takes to do a routine traffic stop." On this reasoning, the fact that the initial mission (writing Rodriguez up for crossing the white line) was complete would not preclude the officer from embarking on another mission, with the aid of a drug-sniffing dog. Anders added, "rom the officer's perspective, I think there's an interest in officers having some leeway to sequence the stop."

Several of the Justices appeared troubled by this reasoning. "The dog sniff is something else altogether," Chief Justice Roberts stated, and Justice Breyer agreed, saying, "Once over, it's over, done, finished." Justice Kagan, for her part, suggested that Anders' arguments lacked any limiting principle: "You really are saying because we have a reason to pull you over for a traffic stop, that gives us some extra time to start questioning you about other law enforcement­-related things and to do other law enforcement-­related business."

But Justice Sotomayor's forceful response stood out. Not only did she point out that signing off on dog sniffs that are extraneous to the mission of a given stop would create "an entitlement to search for drugs by using dogs, whenever anybody's stopped," but, responding to Anders' plea for leeway, she made a more profound point: "We can't keep bending the Fourth Amendment to the resources of law enforcement." Sotomayor may have been an alluding to Heien v. North Carolina, a 2014 case in which the Court (over Justice Sotomayor's strong dissent) held that a traffic stop based on a police officer's mistaken view of the law did not violate the Fourth Amendment because that mistake was "reasonable."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/evan-bernick/justice-sotomayor_b_6534970.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Don't be an asshole because I wanted to see your proof. You do the same thing to those you disagree with, so get off the pity pot.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:08 pm
@Baldimo,
So that's how you're going to ignore it, by attacking me for saying you were going to ignore it in the first place. That figures.

What pity pot? You wilfully ignore anything that contradicts your bizarre world view. You demand evidence for something that most reasonable people accepted as fact a long time ago, then you ignore the evidence.

You did exactly the same with homicide rates in Britain/America, Saddam Hussein's WMDs and now the execution of innocent men.

You're utterly predictable. If anyone deserves pity it's you.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:08 pm
@izzythepush,
12 people is hardly "shitloads". I won't deny that some innocent people have been killed but I think the # is lower then you and the anti-death penalty people would admit.

I'm not against changing some of our laws, but I still think the death penalty should stay on the table. DNA has cleared a bunch of people and I support it's use. The opposite should also be true though. If evidence points to guilty without a doubt, then we should shorten the time someone sits on death row.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:12 pm
@Baldimo,
So 12 isn't enough for you? That's what I got after a few minutes, and your resaponse is not enough. How many do I have to find to satisfy you, because all you want to do is insist I find more and more evidence just for you to say it's not enough.

If people like you were being killed, you'd soon change your mind.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:19 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
I won't deny that some innocent people have been killed ...
If it is crime, it's capital punishment. If it's done legally ... it's just bad luck. Or perhaps it is unconstitutional to execute an innocent person?

I mean, you can try to compensate with money when someone was wrongfully in prison. But until now, it's rather impossible to give lives back.

And regarding the "low" number: even one would be one to mayn. However, how many cases are or have been looked at again, how many cases can be looked at again?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:28 pm
@izzythepush,
I never asked for additional proof, just some proof when you made the statement. You would never just accept words someone threw on a page without proof, so why should I? Is your word above reproach?

My response is not enough? What do you mean by that?

People like me being killed? You mean white people?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:37 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't talk rot Frank. Capital punishment is barbaric, and in 100 years time hopefully people will talk about it the same way slavery is today.

And is abortion barbaric also, Izzy?

Is the fact that we do not want public meetings and school to start with prayer and readings from the Bible barbaric?

Will changing those things also "lead to enhanced human dignity?"

Quote:

The history of punishment has shown a move from the barbaric to enlightened, or are you saying we should start burning witches and Catholics again?

No, I do not.

But I do not consider capital punishment as barbaric as the alternative most often offered by enlightened people like you.

Is it okay for me to think that...or will you condemn me to the rack for it?