Intolerance within the confines of a "tolerant" society?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 07:49 pm
@roger,
Yeah, the word 'pedophilia' looms large in the back of my mind. I just can't quite reconcile myself to the idea that that's what Frank is recommending. Apparently c.i., and perhaps Snood, too, are having the same difficulty.
roger

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 08:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm having the same difficulty. Maybe somebody with more smarts than I will come up with a better, or at least plausible explanation.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:36 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Yeah, the word 'pedophilia' looms large in the back of my mind.
IF the kid is sufficiently good looking,
then he can be more aggressively selective, going for girls his own age.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
I just can't quite reconcile myself to the idea that that's what Frank is recommending.
Apparently c.i., and perhaps Snood, too, are having the same difficulty.
Can u imagine yourself at that age, in my position?
U get lucky with the ladies. In my case, one was 17 and the other
said she was either 21 or 23, if I remember.
U 'd wish future generations to be less fortunate than u were?? Really?
Where's your generosity of spirit ?

If u raise the traditional arguments against STDs and against pregnancy,
I can understand that, but those considerations aside, for the moment??

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh, you mistake me, sir. I'm on your side in this argument. See some of my posts above. (I myself had a little dalliance with a 24-year-old woman when I was probably about 14 years old. I don't think that at age 11 I would have been much interested, but different people mature at different ages.)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 11:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Oh, you mistake me, sir. I'm on your side in this argument.
See some of my posts above. (I myself had a little dalliance with
a 24-year-old woman when I was probably about 14 years old.
I don't think that at age 11 I would have been much interested,
but different people mature at different ages.)
I can remember back to my 3rd Birthday. I recall my childhood clearly. I always had
erotic urges. I did not discuss them much, most of the time.

I dunno, but I suspect, that there is very strong public sentiment
against kids having orgasms for any reason, or for no reason.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:55 am
@Lustig Andrei,
How common are wet dreams at 14 yo?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 02:26 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Yeah, the word 'pedophilia' looms large in the back of my mind. I just can't quite reconcile myself to the idea that that's what Frank is recommending. Apparently c.i., and perhaps Snood, too, are having the same difficulty.

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.

I can assure you, Andy...and anyone else reading what I wrote...that I was not espousing that.

Read my words:

Quote:
I think our world would be a lot better off...particularly as regards the safety of women...if older women took on the responsibility of helping adolescent young men get through the early stages of sexual development.

One would have to contort my comment beyond imagination in order to suppose that what I was advocating was pedophilia.

Considering the number of young men who apparently force "in some way" unwilling women to have sex with them...and considering that the problem exists not only in general society but also in institutions like the military and universities...

...some sort of change in the way we instruct our young men in how to control urges that are not now sufficiently being controlled seems to be in order.

I recognize that what I am suggestion (even in modified variations) is not considered "moral" at this time...but some change is necessary...and why not something along the lines I suggested.

Any charges or intimation of avocation of pedophilia are, in my opinion, out of line. This problem is not one which will have an easy, one-size-fits-all solution.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 02:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:

Yeah, the word 'pedophilia' looms large in the back of my mind.
I just can't quite reconcile myself to the idea that that's what Frank is recommending. Apparently c.i., and perhaps Snood, too, are having the same difficulty.

Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.

I can assure you, Andy...and anyone else reading what I wrote...that I was not espousing that.

Read my words:

Quote:
I think our world would be a lot better off...particularly as regards the safety of women...if older women took on the responsibility of helping adolescent young men get through the early stages of sexual development.

One would have to contort my comment beyond imagination in order to suppose that what I was advocating was pedophilia.

Considering the number of young men who apparently force "in some way" unwilling women to have sex with them...and considering that the problem exists not only in general society but also in institutions like the military and universities...

...some sort of change in the way we instruct our young men in how to control urges that are not now sufficiently being controlled seems to be in order.

I recognize that what I am suggestion (even in modified variations) is not considered "moral" at this time...but some change is necessary...and why not something along the lines I suggested.

Any charges or intimation of avocation of pedophilia are, in my opinion, out of line. This problem is not one which will have an easy, one-size-fits-all solution.
Do u agree with characterizing it this way:
if the practice is done for the adult to exploit the child, then it is pedofilia;
if the practice is done for the child to exploit the adult, then its not ??
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 03:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Do u agree with characterizing it this way:
if the practice is done for the adult to exploit the child, then it is pedofilia;
if the practice is done for the child to exploit the adult, then its not ??

Not necessarily, David.

Exploitation whether by an adult or a child...is still exploitation.

Exploitation done by a child may have a different word as a descriptor...but that does not make it any less an example of exploitation.

I am not suggesting or advocating exploitation at all.

I am suggesting that a formidable problem exists that seems to defy conventional remedies...and that remedies "outside the box" have at least to be considered.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 04:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
If boy approaches girl and asks her out to dinner,
is he exploiting her? If she accepts, is the girl exploiting the boy ?

If boy seduces girl, is he exploiting her ?
If girl accepts seduction, is she exploiting boy ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

If boy approaches girl and asks her out to dinner,
is he exploiting her? If she accepts, is the girl exploiting the boy ?

If boy seduces girl, is he exploiting her ?
If girl accepts seduction, is she exploiting boy ?

You tell me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I asked u 1st.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I asked u 1st.

Tough!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 12:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Y ?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 01:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Y ?

Because!

(I would have thought that was obvious.)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 01:52 pm

The most IMPORTANT part of life is fun, pleasure & delight, at all ages.

I hope that after I 'm gone, future generations of kids
will have as much fun as I did, or BETTER. Tho I acknowledge
the value of avoiding STDs and avoiding pregnancy, it saddens me
to see anti-hedonic filosofy being manifested in law,
against kids having a good time with the ladies.

If I get re-incarnated, I 'm gonna want to resume being sexually active ASAP.
IF I had been limited by any legal interference in my successful juvenile sexual adventures,
I 'd have both resented it and eagerly violated
any such prohibitions ASAP.

Everyone of all ages shud do his best to generate his own MAXIMAL HAPPINESS,
not that of society.
buttflake

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 01:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

The only thing that is obvious is that you don't have an answer.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 02:16 pm
@buttflake,
buttflake wrote:

Quote:

The only thing that is obvious is that you don't have an answer.

I answered, Butt.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 09:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Well, that's the reason I'm confused! What is the correct interpretation of that exchange? I guess anyone with some imagination can come up with many ways to interpret that. I was hoping there would be only one.

No,,, It's VERY open to interpretation. I guess the best communication we'll have on this is the all-in-caps admission that he MAY BE WRONG. For myself, I believe the notion of a juvenile girl OR boy learning how to have sex, or lead up to sex, or whatever other nebulous way of saying experimenting with physical intimacy with an adult is just loaded with potential for whacko opportunists and twisted moral relativists.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
If I get re-incarnated, I 'm gonna want to resume being sexually active ASAP.. .
Right! Suppose you come back as a dame?