OK, can you pass the 3rd grade? CAN YOU??!!!!

jespah

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:05 pm
Africa: 50 - VERY DIFFICULT
South America (the geography quiz, at http://www.aquiz.com/geoSA/geosaqz.htm): 8/18
Asia: 50 the first time, 62.5 the second.
General Maps Games (World, Capitals, Level 5): 2/10 (I got some countries right, but missed their capitals).

Tricky, tricky.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:12 pm
93/147 for Africa...
8 points on countries of the americas quiz (didn't ask for every one of them)
57.5 on the asian one (not sure how they were scoring)

weee.... I got 9 out of 10 on the south american quizz from the last link.

Thanks for the practice!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:15 pm
I didn't realize how fast the clock was ticking and how small some of the targets were, so I only got 36 of them before time expired. But I knew the rest.
True story: when I was a lad, I hitchhiked a lot around the US. I ended up spending more time then I should have in truckstops and bars. I would engage a table of strangers and propose a bet: Five minutes to write down the names of all fifty states. $5 to play. I'd pay $5 to anyone who got them all; I'd collect $5 from anyone who failed.
Sometimes I only had $3 in my pocket so I made a note of where the exit was.
That's how I financed my trip; I rarely lost. -rjb-
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:17 pm
9 of 10 on the countries of the world - I'm afraid to try the capitals too.... maybe I will. pfffft, the didn't give me the point for united states of america, said the correct answer was united states.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:43 pm
111/147 for Africa, I get those little west African countries confused.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:51 pm
I failed, I will NEVER get a green card!!! :-(
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 07:05 pm
48/48
but i had to do some mad, wild, fast guessing for some of those north west states. I always want Colorado further north and west than it really is.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:40 pm
That is funny Betheh, my mother always said CO was the mid west and that what we call the mid-west was really the mid-east. Does that make any sense?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:46 pm
JD - it does to me. I have trouble with the states North of TX up to the Dakotas and then west of the Dakotas to the mountains. I know wyoming, but not idaho or iowa or nebraska....hmmm. I should try the 3rd grade quizz again.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:50 pm
I had the most trouble with the deep Southern states. Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolina's I kept messing them up. Maybe I will try again too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:51 pm
I did way worse the second time around.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:00 pm
37/48 this time and I thought I was doing so much better. Guess I will have to repeat 3rd grade, yuk. I hated 3rd grade.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:21 pm
Eva wrote:
48/48. They make the kids memorize this in fourth grade here. I had to help my son with it a few months ago. I grew up in a family that took cross-country driving trips in summers, and I was in charge of maps. I've been to all but 8 of the lower 48 states (missed Oregon, Utah, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, North Carolina, and South Carolina.)

Didn't even notice a timer, btw. And yes, soz, it told me I flunked, too. RIGGED.

Never been to NC? Deprived of being in God's country. I feel for you, and will keep a light in the window for you.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 10:06 pm
Friends have told me I would love NC. I know I loved Virginia and eastern Tennessee. I do hope to see your part of the world someday. I hear it is beautiful. Not all tobacco farms & furniture factories as some would imagine. Could you describe the landscape where you are?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 10:14 pm
When are you coming to Maryland Eva...we have beautiful mountains to the west and the Atlantic ocean to the east. I would love to meet you and show you around my beautiful state.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 10:10 am
<ahem>

46 out of 48 ...

Well, thats if I'm honest. Cause I got Wyoming and Nebraska mixed up first time round, just for some reason the game started again, so then I got 48/48 second time round.

Hey, its all that political stuff I get into ... electoral college and all that.

Plus, I love maps and atlases.

Oh yeah, and Europeans kick Americans' ass when it comes to geography, of course. That, too.

Heh.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 10:21 am
141/147 for the Africa one ...

It helps that they tell you, when you point out the wrong country, what the country you pointed out was. So looking for Gabon I erroneously clicked Togo and Ghana, and looking for Eq. Guinea I erroneously picked Guinea and Gambia ... which helped me find Guinea and Ghana when they asked for those later ... ;-)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 10:27 am
nimh, you mixed up Wyoming and Nebraska when everyone knows Wyoming is the state due north of Colorado and Nebraska touchs Colorado at the northeast corner, ahem.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 10:33 am
100 in the Asia map game ...

But only 12/18 for the Latin America quiz.

I was fine with dem maps, but then came all these questions about Incas, Aztecs and Mayas!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 10:34 am
OIC, eh, JD! ;-)
0 Replies