A Whole New Meaning to "Hard as a Rock"

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 05:40 pm
OK, so in the other thread (the nonsense one), Clary posted this beautiful photo of a splash created by the fall of a milk drop into a milk puddle. Yes, really. So blame her, cause I clicked properties and went to the site it came from. And, on a vaguely related note to the topic of this thread, found these:

http://www.math.toronto.edu/~drorbn/Gallery/Misc/MilkDrops/Column2_240.jpg

http://www.math.toronto.edu/~drorbn/Gallery/Misc/MilkDrops/Column3_240.jpg

And this poor little one ...

http://www.math.toronto.edu/~drorbn/Gallery/Misc/MilkDrops/Column4_240.jpg

Which one is your kind of drop of milk?

Go here for more sensual photographs of both unintentionally masculie and feminine character ...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 09:41 pm
Shewolf - yep, I had a couple pocket-fulls of apache tears from the valley. I still have them somewhere (sh!). I have various sized of petrified wood from Southern UT as well. One a pretty good sized log-ette.

Farmer, you should make the trip.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 11:39 pm
Yes farmer, it is well worth the trip. I also dont believe that there is a ban on rock hunting at the park. They are literally everywhere. Just like limestone in texas. You cant spit with in 2 inches with out hitting one. I dont think the tent rock park is any kind of national park or national resource. Just a really cool natural structure. Maybe im wrong.... I dont believe so. ??
One way or another it is beautiful sights , absolutly peaceful/quiet , makes for a good meditation place and the energy there is just magnificent. Though... I dont remember if the park was west or east of albq ?? It has been about 5 years since I made that treck.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:43 pm
Quote:
Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks is located 40 miles southwest of Santa Fe and 50 miles north of Albuquerque, New Mexico, with the most direct access from Interstate 25. Take the Cochiti Reservoir exit from I-25 to NM Route 22 and follow the signs to Cochiti Pueblo. Turn right at the pueblo water tower (painted like a drum) onto Tribal Route 92 (connects to Forest Service Road 266). Travel 5 miles on a dirt road to the Tent Rocks parking area, which is marked with a sign. This is the only parking area for Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks.

There's a link with info on the previous page. I forgot it was the cotchiti exit.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:33 pm
onyxelle,

Where is this er... um... er... interestingly shaped rock formation located? (Pun deleted)

Sam
0 Replies